What's new

Battery wrapping

rewrapping really isn't that hard you can buy the wraps on ebay already cut down , all you need is a hairdryer just dont lose the insulator ring and make sure the battery doesnt come into contact with anything metal and you'll be absolutely fine.

Okay..
This is the first thing I've ever read about battery wrapping so excuse my ignorance.
Is battery wrapping to make them look pretty or to contain an explosion?
If one of these cells went critical will a single skin of heat shrink really contain the blast?

Okay..
This is the first thing I've ever read about battery wrapping so excuse my ignorance.
Is battery wrapping to make them look pretty or to contain an explosion?
If one of these cells went critical will a single skin of heat shrink really contain the blast?
Its to shield the positive from the negative so they don't short and go bang in a nutshell

Oh ok, thanks. I've never had a battery with damaged casing and always box my batteries for transport anyway so, care already taken tbh. I just didn't get the whole purpose.

Oh ok, thanks. I've never had a battery with damaged casing and always box my batteries for transport anyway so, care already taken tbh. I just didn't get the whole purpose.
Some chargers or even mods can damage a battery wrap over time or you can get juice inside them when using a hybrid mech so smallest nic or tear its best to replace the wrap

This one is in need of a wrap, small cut in the wrap from an external charger which is how nearly all my batteries end up needing a wrap
20190505_104631.jpeg

I’ve managed it so anyone can.....and it’s always fun to play ‘hunt the insulator ring ‘ when the hair dryer manages to blow it off.

After 4 years of vaping I've never had to rewrap a battery until today. Somehow (I think Mrs Ace did it getting it out of the sleigh) I ended up with a gash down the side of the wrap

I'd brought some wrap tubing years ago from Fasttech so I had to hunt to find them

I will, admit, it took me 3 attempts. First attempt the positive end wrap hardened & didn't go along the top of the cell, second attempt I used to much wrap so the positive end was covered too much, third attempt I think I nailed it, it's charging now so I think it went to plan

Because I used the tubing that was as a metre length, I had to cut it to size, I started at 73mm & worked down to 71mm

Its is a very daunting task but I knew this day would come some day & it is a really easy job ( & kinda fun) so please don't put it off people

Back
Top Bottom