What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dry hits on RTA - Ni80 vs Kanthal?

qbass00

Postman
Just experimenting with coils, I have an RTA which was giving me occasional dry / burnt hits if I was vaping on it continuously with my usual Ni80 clapton coils and I was trying to figure out what was happening. I changed to a Kanthal clapton and it's vaping perfect now. It could be that I just had a dodgy build in there last time, but is it possible that the ramp up time with Ni80's was too quick, and the RTA wasn't drawing juice in quickly enough to keep up? Kanthal has a slower ramp up, and it seems to be giving me a much more even vape on this particular tank at a similar wattage. Could the change of coil materials really be responsible for this? Or have I got this wrong and it's all just down to the quality of wicking?

(Or maybe even the type of juice has a part to play in it? I've noticed that Ni80 has a tendency to 'over-cook' certain rich / thick juices, but I don't know.)

Probably a bit of both. Kanthal is slower to ramp up so heavy wicking will have more chance to keep up. Ni80 would exaggerate poor wicking.

Back
Top Bottom