What's new

Is the Kayfun really way above the others?

qbass00

Postman
Inevitably as I get more into MTL RTA's I'm getting curious about the Kayfun, it's seen as the pinnacle of MTL, and reviews suggest it's in a league of its' own. I'm wondering how big the difference between the KF and other good MTL RTA's really is. Are we talking 'marginally better', or is it life changing? I love using my Gate RTA and it's only a couple of weeks old so I'm not desperate for a new tank, just curious if it really is that much better than everything else.

Kayfuns are great in my opinion, but other people that try them will say the opposite. Things are subjective when it comes to vaping. You could always get a Kayfun Lite clone from Fasttech and see what you think

To be honest, the Kayfun tanks were really special when we had less choice of MTL tanks. Since we have so much more choice, the difference is not so great IMHO. I still use my old KFL+ clone sometimes, and like the V3 mini clones too. And I'm still tempted by the Lite .......

I used to own the Kayfun Mini v3, I could never get it to stop micro gurgling, it was condensation on the airflow screw causing it, not over wicking. It is a known issue affecting some people from my googling. Yes it was genuine and yes I tried the plastic airflow screws that were supposed to fix it, no luck.

I then ordered a Kayfun Prime because of this, the company sent me a Kayfun 5s instead for some unknown reason. I was very busy at that time so didn't bother returning it. The 5 is very airy even on the smallest setting, despite this I still get better flavour than any other MTL tank I own. It is too airy to be comfortable for me so I really need to invest in the airflow reducers.

Despite my taste not being the sharpest, I notice a difference. They are also the only tanks that I have never had leak or dry hit.

I own a few Kayfuns, I use the Kayfun Light most days and the Kayfun 2019 is a great tank but are they better than any other MTL RTA no I don't think they are. I love my Berserkers and the Galaxies and of course top of the bunch for me is the Spica Pro, I am going to try the Gate RTA as a few on here really seem to rate it.

Always remember this......... It's completely subjective. :) What I might appreciate, many others will rate as rubbish and vice versa.
If you find something that really works well for your style of vaping, then it's a winner....... For YOU :)
At the end of the day as long as your off the Stinkies you're on a winner all the way.

I used to own the Kayfun Mini v3, I could never get it to stop micro gurgling, it was condensation on the airflow screw causing it, not over wicking. It is a known issue affecting some people from my googling. Yes it was genuine and yes I tried the plastic airflow screws that were supposed to fix it, no luck.

I then ordered a Kayfun Prime because of this, the company sent me a Kayfun 5s instead for some unknown reason. I was very busy at that time so didn't bother returning it. The 5 is very airy even on the smallest setting, despite this I still get better flavour than any other MTL tank I own. It is too airy to be comfortable for me so I really need to invest in the airflow reducers.

Despite my taste not being the sharpest, I notice a difference. They are also the only tanks that I have never had leak or dry hit.
I had no issues with my V3 clone, and I found the V5 design too airy as well. I have a Prime clone ....... which worked perfectly fine but for some reason I just didn't fall for ...... which is why I'm still tempted by the Lite. I have to agree with @quincey43 here, the ones I still use the most, apart from the Doggies, are the Berserker Minis and the Galaxy MTL RDTAs. And the Spica Pro clone ... which is all kinds of awesome, but taller than I'd like. Any other tank I'd have set it aside for just that reason.

I had no issues with my V3 clone, and I found the V5 design too airy as well. I have a Prime clone ....... which worked perfectly fine but for some reason I just didn't fall for ...... which is why I'm still tempted by the Lite. I have to agree with @quincey43 here, the ones I still use the most, apart from the Doggies, are the Berserker Minis and the Galaxy MTL RDTAs. And the Spica Pro clone ... which is all kinds of awesome, but taller than I'd like. Any other tank I'd have set it aside for just that reason.

Yeah, it's all down to preferences. I for example do not rate any of the sirens or berserkers at all. Never worked for me. The doggy worked flawlessly, just had to be careful of what liquids you put it in, that's why I moved to the hastur.

Point being, I'm sure we have all bought a tank that everyone was raving about and could never get it to work for us. I'd advocate a clone to try it out before buying authentic, just in case it doesn't work for you.

Edit: Just noticed Rob's post essentially saying the same thing.

I'll be honest, after trying the KF Lite, I still prefer the Prime as far as Kayfuns go, again purely subjective.

Yeah, it's all down to preferences. I for example do not rate any of the sirens or berserkers at all. Never worked for me. The doggy worked flawlessly, just had to be careful of what liquids you put it in, that's why I moved to the hastur.

Point being, I'm sure we have all bought a tank that everyone was raving about and could never get it to work for us. I'd advocate a clone to try it out before buying authentic, just in case it doesn't work for you.

Edit: Just noticed Rob's post essentially saying the same thing.
Funnily enough ..... the Hastur mini is one that never worked for me. I think I take super-long draws which caused it to dry hit now and again. :D

I rarely watch or read reviews, but there are a few people I've found on here that tend to like the same tanks I do, so if they recommend something new I'm more likely to listen. That's how a forum works best IMHO. :)

Back
Top Bottom