• 8 Wraps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fuctifino

Achiever
Just curious as the general "norm" you lot use

Normally it is a 6 or 7 wrap coil (Kanthal), originally 29awg
but got some 27 & 28 plus a bit of Ni80 on the way

I know this has been asked before but has anybody run a 5 or less wrap basic coil
from say the "normal" 6/7/8 wrap Kanthal type coil and noticed anything weird ???

I made a 5 wrap coil a while back on a single flavour juice and got weird results flavour wise
Didn't think too much of it at the time, could be my bad wicking or something

Anyway, now using a half n half 2 part flavouring and one of these seems to be more dominant in all tanks

However I did another 5 wrap coil and the weaker subtle flavour flipped to become the more dominant flavour ???
I made a 5 wrap twisted coil up and the difference or flavour flipping intensified even more
Almost like it was 2 completely different juices/formulas from two different bottles yet all the same stuff ???

I've always just used a 6 or 7 wrap, maybe altering the ID a bit and spacing more/less, experimenting with wicking
But overall the flavour remains roughly the same, might be a tiny bit more/less intensity but flavour wise roughly the same

Don't think I've done an 8 wrap on 29awg as that would be near 2.0 Ohm
But just going from 6 to 5 wraps - BOOM shit started to alter quite a bit which threw me, no matter what settings used

Anybody else notice an odd boundary or margin that stuff goes weird all of a sudden ???

As said I'm waiting on some wire, but just curious if anybody noticed odd stuff and/or amount of wraps poll etc.....

Soz no half wraps, nothing too complex or fancy bollox coil, just basic MTL coils, number of wraps we use
Feel free to state 26 - 27 - 28 awg if you wish, but just asking and trying to get a general feel of what we use

Again soz if this has been asked loads of times already - but also asking for weirdness in coils too

cheers in advance

6 or 7 wraps with a 2.5mm ID. Usually use 27g kanthal, but have been trying out a few different claptons recently

I honestly never count wraps, I just make a closely spaced coil, usually 27ga kanthal 2.5mm id and then pull out wraps until the coil is the right size for the deck I'm building on, no idea how many wraps it is.

7/8 wraps of 28AWG kanthal on a 2.5mm ID. Having tried more and less, that seems to be where I'm happiest - around 1.4 ohms. :)

Back
Top Bottom