What's new

RTA users: do you re-wick when you change juice?

Thats because with a rda your pouring your juice all over your coil so the whole coil gets coated in the sweet stuff that burns onto your coil where as a rta is only vaping the juice on the cotton so no juice all over the coil to gunk [emoji6]

Yeah that makes sense. With certain juices (Anarchist juice is terrible for this) after about 2 days my RDA's taste like I'm vaping through a rusty exhaust pipe, while the same juice seems like it's ok in my RTA's for a lot longer than that. I've had Anarchist red in my Gear RTA for over a week, it needs re-wicking today. As an extra bonus I'm also finding that juices which are too sickly for my drippers vape really well in more airy RTA's. I've always gone for maximum flavour but sometimes that over-saturated flavour is too much. I'm burning through my stock of sickly juices and they all taste really good in my Peacemaker RTA with the airflow wide open. Live and learn..

Often don't bother rewicking. It depends how strong the flavour is I'm going from and to.

I just love putting in a new coil and cotton, sometimes just because I can!! I remember when I first started to make my own coils it took me 2 hours to make a coil that looked anything like the youtube vids I watched endlessly where as now I can make a coil in seconds as I know what I like. I probably use more wire than I need to but I enjoy fiddling!!!

I normally vape fruit flavours so don't rewick in between flavour changes as they tend to mix quite well. But if I was going from a fruit to a desert flavour I would.

I only use rda's but I clean up and wick after 50ml of juice all the time. Very occasionally after 25/30ml if it's a coil killer juice

I use both RTAs and RDAs and i wick every time when changing my juice to a different juice i dry burn my coils then re-wick with fresh cotton .
Cotton is cheap as chips and it gives me something to do .............

I rewick and throw a new coil in my RTA'S and RDA'S each Sunday morning. It's sort of become a routine and gives me something to do in peace while Herself is busy sleeping :)

My rule of thumb is to change if I am going from a complex flavour to a simple one so I don't get any bleed through. Or to always change from anything with perique/chocolate/alcohol in it. If we're talking custards I won't bother, or RY4 variations. It also depends on the tank: I found that the GT3 allows you to do that because it doesn't need a ton of cotton, while the GSL which does will keep the flavour bleed for ages.

Unless I've had a strong flavour in an rta that lingers I find that after a handful of puffs it doesn't matter and the new flavour will come through.

I tend to do what red5 does. Unless it's a big flavour change like going from cookies to a bold fruit, I don't bother. I'll sometimes rewick/recoil just because though [emoji16].

Back
Top Bottom