What's new

RTA users: do you re-wick when you change juice?

qbass00

Postman
Question for RTA users - do you like to change your wick when you switch to a different juice? Let's say it's a different profile, you're going from a strawberry to a bakery/dessert flavour, do you vape through the flavour creep, or put in a fresh wick every time?

Rewick every time not because i don't like the fucked up flavour though more because i like building and wicking and the more you wick your tank the easier and quicker it is [emoji6]

Usually, I do, yes. And burn, brush and rinse the coil, too.
Though some juices let you get away without doing so.

Good point @mattyk2010
I was going to add, practice makes perfect. But it seemed churlush from someone with so little experience as me.

Speaking as a total and utter new to build, yes I rewick every time.
I need the practice, I'm loving learning how to do it, and when the flavour kicks in I am quietly proud that I did that :)

Interesting. Coming from an RDA background, I've never done this, the flavour switch is fairly painless, but I'm discovering that RTA's are a whole different game. As an aside, I'm also noticing that my coils last WAY longer in RTA's than in my RDA's, no idea why that is but I like it.

Good point @mattyk2010
I was going to add, practice makes perfect. But it seemed churlush from someone with so little experience as me.
Dont matter how much experience you have [emoji4] and i do the same with every atty i get, ill build it vape a tank then build it again until i feel 100% confident i know it well and can build it confidently enough to take it out for a day with no back up then ill rewick it every day for a week or two so i become a master of the tank and don't end up with the headaches i hear people complain of [emoji3]

Interesting. Coming from an RDA background, I've never done this, the flavour switch is fairly painless, but I'm discovering that RTA's are a whole different game. As an aside, I'm also noticing that my coils last WAY longer in RTA's than in my RDA's, no idea why that is but I like it.
Thats because with a rda your pouring your juice all over your coil so the whole coil gets coated in the sweet stuff that burns onto your coil where as a rta is only vaping the juice on the cotton so no juice all over the coil to gunk [emoji6]

Usually I tend to stick to my all day vape or slight variations/similar juice so no I vape it through

Oddly enough, tried a new type of juice in last 24 hrs so used a fresh stock coil tank with new coil
then this morning tried the new juice in a RTA in need of a rewick anyway, new coil the lot so to speak - still not impressed

Not ultra rank but nah not my thing, so now just refilling with usual juice & vaping it through
What remains of new not so impressed juice will likely be added slightly to liven up ADV in tank if I get bored
(if it was ultra rank it would be down the sink/in the bin & rinse the vileness from tank)

So yeah - bit of everything I guess, depends on the juice(s) or rather if I can be arsed or if I needed to rewick anyway

Back
Top Bottom