What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RTA users: do you re-wick when you change juice?

qbass00

Postman
Question for RTA users - do you like to change your wick when you switch to a different juice? Let's say it's a different profile, you're going from a strawberry to a bakery/dessert flavour, do you vape through the flavour creep, or put in a fresh wick every time?

Rewick every time not because i don't like the fucked up flavour though more because i like building and wicking and the more you wick your tank the easier and quicker it is [emoji6]

Usually, I do, yes. And burn, brush and rinse the coil, too.
Though some juices let you get away without doing so.

Good point @mattyk2010
I was going to add, practice makes perfect. But it seemed churlush from someone with so little experience as me.

Speaking as a total and utter new to build, yes I rewick every time.
I need the practice, I'm loving learning how to do it, and when the flavour kicks in I am quietly proud that I did that :)

Interesting. Coming from an RDA background, I've never done this, the flavour switch is fairly painless, but I'm discovering that RTA's are a whole different game. As an aside, I'm also noticing that my coils last WAY longer in RTA's than in my RDA's, no idea why that is but I like it.

Good point @mattyk2010
I was going to add, practice makes perfect. But it seemed churlush from someone with so little experience as me.
Dont matter how much experience you have [emoji4] and i do the same with every atty i get, ill build it vape a tank then build it again until i feel 100% confident i know it well and can build it confidently enough to take it out for a day with no back up then ill rewick it every day for a week or two so i become a master of the tank and don't end up with the headaches i hear people complain of [emoji3]

Interesting. Coming from an RDA background, I've never done this, the flavour switch is fairly painless, but I'm discovering that RTA's are a whole different game. As an aside, I'm also noticing that my coils last WAY longer in RTA's than in my RDA's, no idea why that is but I like it.
Thats because with a rda your pouring your juice all over your coil so the whole coil gets coated in the sweet stuff that burns onto your coil where as a rta is only vaping the juice on the cotton so no juice all over the coil to gunk [emoji6]

Usually I tend to stick to my all day vape or slight variations/similar juice so no I vape it through

Oddly enough, tried a new type of juice in last 24 hrs so used a fresh stock coil tank with new coil
then this morning tried the new juice in a RTA in need of a rewick anyway, new coil the lot so to speak - still not impressed

Not ultra rank but nah not my thing, so now just refilling with usual juice & vaping it through
What remains of new not so impressed juice will likely be added slightly to liven up ADV in tank if I get bored
(if it was ultra rank it would be down the sink/in the bin & rinse the vileness from tank)

So yeah - bit of everything I guess, depends on the juice(s) or rather if I can be arsed or if I needed to rewick anyway

Back
Top Bottom