What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

@SteveV Thanks. I presumed you'd be using your spare gate when you said you'd broke your glass too.

I was just cleaning the tank out ready to try out the higher coil position. Put some VG on the oring and slid the glass on, mounted fine. For some reason I decided to give it a twist, even though it was on and that caused it to crack.

That reminds me, some reviewers were complaining of the glass spinning with an assembled tank, mine never had that. If it did I wouldn't have broke my glass aha.

Got my first semi-dry hit off this tank today after a re-wick. Went to investigate and it turns out I over-stuffed those channels a little bit this time. You have to really thin that cotton out on this one, and make sure it's short enough to fit in there effortlessly. I'm used to packing RDA's with chunky wicks, still fairly new to RTA's, so I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious. Anyway I re-built it and it's back to perfection now. Still vaping on this thing endlessly every day.

Got my first semi-dry hit off this tank today after a re-wick. Went to investigate and it turns out I over-stuffed those channels a little bit this time. You have to really thin that cotton out on this one, and make sure it's short enough to fit in there effortlessly. I'm used to packing RDA's with chunky wicks, still fairly new to RTA's, so I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious. Anyway I re-built it and it's back to perfection now. Still vaping on this thing endlessly every day.
Like you I'm still using mine a lot, I agree with what you say about not trying to stuff too much cotton into the juice wells, although it is a pretty forgiving atty to wick in my experience. I've been experimenting with different drip tips on mine and I have finally settled on Dvarw ones. I actually think they improve the taste and I love the Dvarw drip tips anyway. I'm glad you're still loving yours as much as I'm loving mine.

Like you I'm still using mine a lot, I agree with what you say about not trying to stuff too much cotton into the juice wells, although it is a pretty forgiving atty to wick in my experience. I've been experimenting with different drip tips on mine and I have finally settled on Dvarw ones. I actually think they improve the taste and I love the Dvarw drip tips anyway. I'm glad you're still loving yours as much as I'm loving mine.

It's good to know it's still working well after a bit of time.

@Toastie If you still need them, the deck screws for the Gate are size M1.6 x 4mm. I bought mine from Bolt Base.

Hope this helps.

@Toastie If you still need them, the deck screws for the Gate are size M1.6 x 4mm. I bought mine from Bolt Base.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, much appreciated. I still haven't replaced the glass on mine yet, been using other things. It's all back in the box, waiting for me to get round to it.

Hi all,
Saw Todd's review on this RTA, and it's gotten me interested.
Read through this thread and whatever else I could find on the various forums, and watched quite a few YouTube videos.
Got a couple of questions on this, and hope to get some clarity here.

1) Anyone here has both the 2ml and 3.5ml versions? Any difference in flavour profile?
I reckon there shouldn't be any difference in the operation between the 2 sizes, but it'll be interesting to know if there is any.

2) I only have the original KFL+ and Kayfun Prime to compare the flavour profile against, so once again, if anyone has either of these RTAs and could provide a comparison, much appreciated.

3) Has anyone tried the PEI tank? Is it really PEI or just coloured polycarb?
I prefer to use a PEI/Polycarb tank as I don't have good experience with glass tanks.

4) Lastly, in most of the YouTube videos I've seen, most reviewers have no issue with the juice flow control.
However, in Klaus Jedelsky's video, he seems to have a hard time turning the JFC.
Is the JFC sticky or is it just a case of the o-rings needing some lube?

Thank you folks.

Hi @Leech, I only have the 3.5ml version of the Gate but I can't imagine that there's any difference between that and the 2ml version. I have only used the glass tanks and I did break one (me being clumsy, not the tanks fault). As far as flavour is concerned, my wife and I compared the Gate to an authentic KF Prime and an authentic KF Lite 2019. We both thought the Kayfuns edged it on flavour but very close. The Gate is a bit of a bargain really, 98% of the flavour for a fraction of the cost. As far as the jfc goes I've never had any problems with it at all As you say, lube the O rings when building it. Good luck with it and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hi @Leech, I only have the 3.5ml version of the Gate but I can't imagine that there's any difference between that and the 2ml version. I have only used the glass tanks and I did break one (me being clumsy, not the tanks fault). As far as flavour is concerned, my wife and I compared the Gate to an authentic KF Prime and an authentic KF Lite 2019. We both thought the Kayfuns edged it on flavour but very close. The Gate is a bit of a bargain really, 98% of the flavour for a fraction of the cost. As far as the jfc goes I've never had any problems with it at all As you say, lube the O rings when building it. Good luck with it and feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Thanks Steve.

Yeah, I'm tempted by the Gate's top fill feature, looks a treat easier than the Prime's, and the ability to see the JFC being open as opposed to needing the turn the Prime's down to check how much of it is open.

Plus, 3.5ml is great!

My gate leaks badly not straight away but days after building its like when i fill and put the cap on it forces the juice and floods the deck juice comes out the air holes

Back
Top Bottom