What's new

CBD Diaries - 30 day trial, my results.

This is all very encouraging @Lee, I'm very impressed with your findings so far. Just an idea, maybe your stiff neck and soreness in the morning is being caused by your sleeping in positions you may not have been able to get into before? I know I sometimes get a sore neck shortly after a bad bout of sciatica subsides. I also once had to wear a support on my knee for three months after knackering it by limping for so long.
It could just take a little while for your body to get used to being in those positions and then you're golden mate.
Keep up with the updates when you can please. I know you're a busy chap but right now they're probably the best read on here [emoji1303]

@MrDJ, I hope your mum is doing ok [emoji16]

Thanks mate. She is getting there slowly. Actually back in work at hospital with me today as she also had a derm appt as when seen in casualty after brain scan doc said she wanted a scab on her forehead to be checked even though it's been there for almost 10 years. Now booking her for a biopsy as the C word was mentioned so now she's panicking. For someone at the age of 93 who has never been ill is a bit of a shock to the system to now be told it could be C. Wish they would hold of mentioning it to patients before theve even biopsied it.

Thanks mate. She is getting there slowly. Actually back in work at hospital with me today as she also had a derm appt as when seen in casualty after brain scan doc said she wanted a scab on her forehead to be checked even though it's been there for almost 10 years. Now booking her for a biopsy as the C word was mentioned so now she's panicking. For someone at the age of 93 who has never been ill is a bit of a shock to the system to now be told it could be C. Wish they would hold of mentioning it to patients before theve even biopsied it.

Hope it isnt the C and throughts are with your MrDJ hoping it isn’t!

Great thread @Lee following with interest and may do a similar thing although I've been using CBD a while I may try some others when I've gone through this batch I'm on now (chefs CBD 40-45% full spectrum) plus vape juice I make myself from full spectrum crumble

My only issue is not taking meds is not an option and I'm on a LOT Inc pregablin, dihydrocodeine, morpheine (for breakthrough) sertraline, baclofen and diazapam due to a spinal cord injury which started as sciatica till the disc decided to blow completely the wrong way into my spinal cord instead of back into its rightful place causing a condition called cauda equina syndrome (very rare apparently) so it's left me in a bit of shitty situation.

One thing I noticed was you might want to be mindful of scoring your pain out of 10 too high not to tell you how much pain your in as nobody can but 8 certainly 9 you wouldn't barely be able to move I've felt numerous pains before from breaking/fracturing ankles, smashing my face in and sciatica all of which I'd probably at the time have said we're 9 or 10 but then I experienced a full 10 when the disc went into my spine and it's unbelievable, I was screaming, crying shouting the lot and would have ended it had a gun been handy no danger Its caused PTSD and flashbacks etc.
I'd now mark my Sciatica back then about a 7 when it's bad maybe 8 when it's really bad back then (I'm on a minimum constant 6-8 now)
I only mention it as it leaves little room for manoeuvre on the scale and as my pain management team said people often mark it higher or say 10 for a dose of piles I think Natural childbirth with no drugs that's painful is about a 7/8 on the scales they use
5 or 6 is considered considerable pain.

Great stuff though mate look forward to seeing more updates

My only issue is not taking meds is not an option and I'm on a LOT Inc pregablin, dihydrocodeine, morpheine (for breakthrough) sertraline, baclofen and diazapam due to a spinal cord injury which started as sciatica till the disc decided to blow completely the wrong way into my spinal cord instead of back into its rightful place causing a condition called cauda equina syndrome (very rare apparently) so it's left me in a bit of shitty situation.

I think there would almost certainly be interactions with cbd there, depending on your med dosages. I'm at high risk of cauda equina syndrome, have you had an episode of it yet? It's my understanding it's an emergency A&E admission, excuse the pun but it scares the shit out of me.

Christ just back from holidays to find my PureLife order..
It tastes like an old nutty scrotum.
Ordered some carried in MCT as well and will report back on that, a very long story but a fella I knew took cannabis oil in coconut oil for his MS pain, under the tongue and all that.
He talked at length about why it had to be in the coconut oil, something to do with it enhancing the effects and getting straight into the system.
Fats and stuff.
I don't know I was having trouble concentrating.
Back on track I am still vaping the Reserved and now feel I need a good background dose with the PureLife, I worked it all out in my head and seemed logical then.

How does the one in MCT taste mate? I gave my “free” bottle to a friend and I’m considering buying the MCT version, I’m starting to find I’m dreading taking my daily dose now, seems to be becoming a bit of a chore.

If that’s foul too, I might trial some other brands also and see how they go. At worse I guess I’ll just have to come back to this stuff if I can’t find anything else as effective that tastes better [emoji23]

Great thread @Lee following with interest and may do a similar thing although I've been using CBD a while I may try some others when I've gone through this batch I'm on now (chefs CBD 40-45% full spectrum) plus vape juice I make myself from full spectrum crumble

One thing I noticed was you might want to be mindful of scoring your pain out of 10 too high not to tell you how much pain your in as nobody can but 8 certainly 9 you wouldn't barely be able to move I've felt numerous pains before from breaking/fracturing ankles, smashing my face in and sciatica all of which I'd probably at the time have said we're 9 or 10 but then I experienced a full 10 when the disc went into my spine and it's unbelievable, I was screaming, crying shouting the lot and would have ended it had a gun been handy no danger Its caused PTSD and flashbacks etc.
I'd now mark my Sciatica back then about a 7 when it's bad maybe 8 when it's really bad back then (I'm on a minimum constant 6-8 now)
I only mention it as it leaves little room for manoeuvre on the scale and as my pain management team said people often mark it higher or say 10 for a dose of piles I think Natural childbirth with no drugs that's painful is about a 7/8 on the scales they use
5 or 6 is considered considerable pain.

Great stuff though mate look forward to seeing more updates

I definitely don’t have as many medical issues as you mate, the only thing I can judge pain levels on is when I had wisdom teeth issues, one growing inwards pushing against another tooth so much that it eventually cracked my other tooth and I had to have them both out - that was fucking horrendous, 10/10 as far as I’m concerned, I was in so much pain I couldn’t even think. It was absolutely unbearable, if there was no cure for that pain I’d have jumped off a bridge.

I can only base it on that, I’m sure other people have had much more painful experiences and that is awful but I’d suggest a pain scale is very personal depending on what the individual has experienced before. My back pain is usually tolerable, around a 5 or 6, there is odd days that I struggle to move though too.

Perhaps I’ll leave out the pain scale totally if it’s confusing people, I don’t want to make out it’s some kind of miracle - I’m literally just typing out my thoughts and how it’s going :)

As someone who deals with people pain scores daily you are spot on lee, they are a personal thing. Pain is subjective. And pain scores in isolation are actually not that useful. But what is useful is the trend, ie how much they are bettering/worsening, hopefully in relation to a treatment.

So as long as you are taking 10 as being the worse pain imaginable and 0 no pain, because your are giving multiple scores think it’s a useful thing to include, and personally have benefited from you including so, I,personally would suggest keeping it as it is a potential quantitive reflection of part of your experience.

Day 10 - day 16

Sorry this has taken a while to update, I’ve been so bloody busy over the Easter break, worked almost all if it, fell behind with some orders and have literally only just caught up today!

Anyways, I’m going to post all of these days combined because it’s pretty much been identical experiences every day.

I’ve been busy running around like a twat non stop, in between running the business and being a dad/husband but the past week has been a breeze, I feel like this CBD is now really starting to come through for me. I’ve not used any Vapes at all, just the oral drops twice daily and I have honestly been pain free, I actually feel like there is nothing wrong with me. I have nothing I can moan about at all. No back pain, really easy to fall asleep on a evening no matter what I’m doing and staying asleep. I’m seem to be less quick tempered, I’m usually quite short fused with most things in general but I feel really relaxed like nothing is a big deal. I will be continuing to use this daily after this trial if the drugs test comes back negative.

Couple of side effects I have noticed:

Dreaming - I never dream, or if I do then I never remember dreaming. I honestly can’t remember the last time I have had a dream before starting CBD. However the past 3 or 4 nights I’ve been having some weird fucked up dreams, no idea if it’s CBD or just a one off but it seems too much of a coincidence to just come out of nowhere.

Groggy - never noticed this before but I am finding it harder to wake up properly in the mornings as the days go on, I mean I get out of bed fine but it takes me a good hour to feel awake ready for the day. I’ve never been like this even after 10 pints of beer the night before I can usually be sound after a coffee.

Also a little trick with the oil to combat taste, as I mentioned this oil really does taste rank, it really is offensive. It’s like licking a old person every morning and night. I have found, and I do look a twat doing it, open your mouth, spray it in and then don’t close your mouth for a good minute or longer if you can, then have a drink to get rid of the taste. I don’t taste it until I close my mouth. I still think I’ll try some other brands of CBD and hope for positive results with a better taste.

I have spoken with purelife and they tell me that their version in MCT is more pleasant so I think I’ll try that first.

Alcohol over the past days - a fair bit actually. Bank holiday weekend sun out, working hard. I definitely indulged when I got home in the garden let’s just leave that there haha.

Medication - none.

Total CBD - 57mg full spectrum per day.

Back
Top Bottom