What's new

vaporesso aurora play and pod review part 1.

eyeball kid

Legend
This is the first part of a two part review that will cover the vaperesso aurora play and the zero pod system's.
Both where provided by the generous folks at @vaperesso
These thoughts are my own and do not necessarily represent those of POTV as a whole.
WP_20190408_15_52_53_Pro.jpg

Apologies for the delay in getting these reviews up but I really wanted to get a good ten days of vaping them to be able to give a genuine opinion.
WP_20190414_20_31_13_Pro.jpg

As you can see the Aurora definitely uses classic lighter design that all ex smokers will be familiar with as a start point. It looks very smart indeed. Size wise it's about 8cm's tall and 4.5 com's wide which is pretty small. It's available in brushed copper, brushed steel and this lovely black scribed steel design.
WP_20190414_20_31_30_Pro.jpg

The pod, which is hidden away under the sprung hinge flip top has a very nautilus like drip tip and a small valve hole on the top that allows you to fill the pod (which has a 2ml capacity) with the tip of most 10 ml bottles. A large fill bottle is included in the box along with another spare pod, usb charge lead and instructional book and guarantee.
The pod is held in place with firm magnets
Filling is a breeze and neither of the pods included leaked a single drop over this review period and I've let the Aurora lay on it's side for long periods to test the fill valve.
The coil within the pod is a 1.3ohm ccell coil and takes a few mls to get to it's best.
WP_20190414_20_31_53_Pro.jpg

On the side of the Aurora you will see the usb charge point. It took me well under the advertised 45 minute charge time with a 2 amp charger to fill the 650Mah battery. Pretty impressive all round for the size.
You will also find the function button on this side. It allows you to both switch on and off the pod and to choose between three wattage settings. You can see what setting your on by the led that's mounted between the charge point and function button. The led also let's you know the battery charge that's left. Very neat and tidy.
This device needs no button pushing to cape as it supplies vapour automatically when you draw on it.
WP_20190414_20_32_29_Pro.jpg

Thoughts so far.
The arrival of these pods got me looking at where pods fit into the vaping market.
If your looking to move into vaping from smoking, look no further. This is an excellent device that when paired with some nic salt juice couldn't be easier to use and live with. It offers good flavour and exceptional function with a familiar form. Battery will most likely last you all day and is easy to charge in a world where we're all never far from a usb port.
It's clean to fill and you can't hit a wrong setting. The only thing I'd recommend is the manual states to use 50/50vg/pg to 70/30vh/pg juice. I actually think it should be 30/70vg/pg to a maximum 50/50 vg/pg juice for a problem free vaping experience.

What about us vape monkey's. Pods are not a replacement for the level of tanks and rta's we're using these days. They are however a fantastic addition to your collection. When you need a discreet vape set up for work or out and about I couldn't think of a better option.
What a mean by this is the flavour is very good. Better than any ce 4 or pen type device I've ever used. I've seen a few YouTube reviewers claiming it's equal to a top end rta for flavour.... er no. But it is very good and balancing it up with functionality it's amazing.
I loaded this one up with the excellent manabush pow wow juice which is a 50/50 liquid. I've realised lately that I vape (draw for draw) far more than I could ever afford to smoke and this device has been designed from a smokers perspective (quite rightly), so it did at times of chain vaping struggle to keep. Now the weird thing is the Aurora seemed to throttle back when the coil was getting dry and in danger of damage.
There is little information yet on this but I believe the omni board is in play here and this has a DNA go style automatic temp control function which is amazing at this price (around £30).
The flavour wasn't as sharp as it would be in one of my flavour rta's but it offered a very decent attempt. The three power levels are band on too. Low is a slightly cool vape. Mid offeres a familiar tank style vape and high gives a real warm flavour full vape.
I loaded the second pod with a 70%pg nic salt juice and it kept up just fine. In fact I went green way before the Aurora slowed down which made for a perfect combination.
Liked this one apes. Liked it a lot. Not a fan of the lid clanging against the body but that was the same with zipo lighters. Everything else about it was spot on. An essential vaping arrow for your quiver or a perfect set up for a starter.

You can grab yourself one direct from vaporesso.
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/aurora-play
Or your favourite vape shop.
Thanks for letting me play vaperesso.

Attachments

• WP_20190414_20_33_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190414_20_33_40_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Just to update an important fact that I suspected.
The aurora does indeed have a temp control circuit to protect your coil from dry hits. Vaperesso have just let me know.
Bit of a cherry on the cake I'd say.

This is the first part of a two part review that will cover the vaperesso aurora play and the zero pod system's.
Both where provided by the generous folks at @vaperesso
These thoughts are my own and do not necessarily represent those of POTV as a whole.
View attachment 190469
Apologies for the delay in getting these reviews up but I really wanted to get a good ten days of vaping them to be able to give a genuine opinion.
View attachment 190470
As you can see the Aurora definitely uses classic lighter design that all ex smokers will be familiar with as a start point. It looks very smart indeed. Size wise it's about 8cm's tall and 4.5 com's wide which is pretty small. It's available in brushed copper, brushed steel and this lovely black scribed steel design.
View attachment 190471
The pod, which is hidden away under the sprung hinge flip top has a very nautilus like drip tip and a small valve hole on the top that allows you to fill the pod (which has a 2ml capacity) with the tip of most 10 ml bottles. A large fill bottle is included in the box along with another spare pod, usb charge lead and instructional book and guarantee.
The pod is held in place with firm magnets
Filling is a breeze and neither of the pods included leaked a single drop over this review period and I've let the Aurora lay on it's side for long periods to test the fill valve.
The coil within the pod is a 1.3ohm ccell coil and takes a few mls to get to it's best.
View attachment 190472
On the side of the Aurora you will see the usb charge point. It took me well under the advertised 45 minute charge time with a 2 amp charger to fill the 650Mah battery. Pretty impressive all round for the size.
You will also find the function button on this side. It allows you to both switch on and off the pod and to choose between three wattage settings. You can see what setting your on by the led that's mounted between the charge point and function button. The led also let's you know the battery charge that's left. Very neat and tidy.
This device needs no button pushing to cape as it supplies vapour automatically when you draw on it.
View attachment 190473

Thoughts so far.
The arrival of these pods got me looking at where pods fit into the vaping market.
If your looking to move into vaping from smoking, look no further. This is an excellent device that when paired with some nic salt juice couldn't be easier to use and live with. It offers good flavour and exceptional function with a familiar form. Battery will most likely last you all day and is easy to charge in a world where we're all never far from a usb port.
It's clean to fill and you can't hit a wrong setting. The only thing I'd recommend is the manual states to use 50/50vg/pg to 70/30vh/pg juice. I actually think it should be 30/70vg/pg to a maximum 50/50 vg/pg juice for a problem free vaping experience.

What about us vape monkey's. Pods are not a replacement for the level of tanks and rta's we're using these days. They are however a fantastic addition to your collection. When you need a discreet vape set up for work or out and about I couldn't think of a better option.
What a mean by this is the flavour is very good. Better than any ce 4 or pen type device I've ever used. I've seen a few YouTube reviewers claiming it's equal to a top end rta for flavour.... er no. But it is very good and balancing it up with functionality it's amazing.
I loaded this one up with the excellent manabush pow wow juice which is a 50/50 liquid. I've realised lately that I vape (draw for draw) far more than I could ever afford to smoke and this device has been designed from a smokers perspective (quite rightly), so it did at times of chain vaping struggle to keep. Now the weird thing is the Aurora seemed to throttle back when the coil was getting dry and in danger of damage.
There is little information yet on this but I believe the omni board is in play here and this has a DNA go style automatic temp control function which is amazing at this price (around £30).
The flavour wasn't as sharp as it would be in one of my flavour rta's but it offered a very decent attempt. The three power levels are band on too. Low is a slightly cool vape. Mid offeres a familiar tank style vape and high gives a real warm flavour full vape.
I loaded the second pod with a 70%pg nic salt juice and it kept up just fine. In fact I went green way before the Aurora slowed down which made for a perfect combination.
Liked this one apes. Liked it a lot. Not a fan of the lid clanging against the body but that was the same with zipo lighters. Everything else about it was spot on. An essential vaping arrow for your quiver or a perfect set up for a starter.

You can grab yourself one direct from vaporesso.
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/aurora-play
Or your favourite vape shop.
Thanks for letting me play vaperesso.
Auto fires on the draw. That's cool. I actually liked the old lighters with lids that closed like that when I smoked. Not into pod type stuff but if I was that would be a selling point to me. Flip it open, take a drag or two, flip it shut. I think its a cool design and concept to be honest.

Of the few pods I have this is the nicest "natural" mtl draw. I’ve not put any funky flavours in it but it does deliver a nice vape. Warm and satisfying. Mine is quite whistley but I can forgive it that for the fun factor alone. It’s amazing how close to a zippo feel it is.

Of the few pods I have this is the nicest "natural" mtl draw. I’ve not put any funky flavours in it but it does deliver a nice vape. Warm and satisfying. Mine is quite whistley but I can forgive it that for the fun factor alone. It’s amazing how close to a zippo feel it is.
It's a bit like a nautilus on hole 2 I reckon.
I've had no whistling pods yet but like tanks it's probably down to draw.
Really nice pod. I've had some good ones. Vaping the other vaperesso one currently (want to test them to death before reviewing) the zero. Very similar in function (if not identical) but more conventional design pod wise.

It's a bit like a nautilus on hole 2 I reckon.
I've had no whistling pods yet but like tanks it's probably down to draw.
Really nice pod. I've had some good ones. Vaping the other vaperesso one currently (want to test them to death before reviewing) the zero. Very similar in function (if not identical) but more conventional design pod wise.
Ah now that’s piqued my interest. An aura vape experience with longer battery life

Back
Top Bottom