What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

HAD ENOUGH!! Tank - Coils ect..

What is the best cotton?
What is the most reliable cheapest easiest wire to buy?
What is the best RTA tank, is there one that we all agree is great?
Do I need anything else besides wire clippers, cotton, Tank and wire?
For a basic setup, how long does the wire and cotton last?
How much do you think this will cost for a full setup, tank, wire, cutters, cotton and anything else you think I may need.

Sorry about the Smoke thing, its a bad habit, need to start saying Vape. You would think after 3-4 years of vaping I would have forgotten the smoke phrase.

Sorry one last question.

I obviously seen single wire, but have also seen wire that looks really cool, like dragon scales or snake type, whats this?
Is it easy to work with ?

Advaken Manta RTA - Ask on here for best current deals
Labo puff cotton - Amzon
Fused clapton wire -Amazon
Hakko wire cutters - Amazon
UD coil jig - Amazon
Gudebrod scissors - Wilko

Advken-Manta.jpg
81nP3dHcl+L._SL1500_.jpg
coilology_tri-core_fused_clapton_ni80_wire_2_.jpg
hakko-cutting-chp-170-p-64_1000.jpg
YOUDE-COILJIG-2.jpg
tiemco-scissors.jpg

I'd recommend the wotofo profile unity rta, it's easy to wick and gives a vape similar to a sub ohm tank, basically a rewickable mesh sub ohm tank.
All you need is some decent scissors and your set, everything is included to get going. Just need to follow the wicking instructions.

i dunno i keep considering making my own coils , i make my own liquid , But handsy stuff usually ain't my strong suite so it keeps putting me off

@canada16 I have a load of gear you can have. Coil master, coil jig, tool kit, cotton etc. I went all in on the kit before I realised I’m crap at building due to failing eyesight and poor dexterity. It’s just taking up drawer space and I’ll be glad to get rid, pm me your address and I’ll send it to you

I have always been thinking about building my own coils, I do no want to go down the dripping route as I use my tank in my car quite a bit as I travel, so will need a actual tank.
Have you considered squonking? That gives you the versatility of an RDA and (almost) the convenience of a tank.

Also, re: your opening post, personally I don't use anything thicker then 70VG on stock coils as they are wicked far too tight IMO.

@canada16 I have a load of gear you can have. Coil master, coil jig, tool kit, cotton etc. I went all in on the kit before I realised I’m crap at building due to failing eyesight and poor dexterity. It’s just taking up drawer space and I’ll be glad to get rid, pm me your address and I’ll send it to you
Very generous offer, this thread is why I love potv

Personally I struggled with rtas so went down the rda squonk route. There's a bunch of awesome single coil rdas about now for buttons.

Back
Top Bottom