What's new

Ultem and Brasso polish

RabidHadron

Just ordered a Lost Vape Furyan squonker in brass and ultem and a review (can't remember by whom) has placed a niggling worry in my head.

Simply put, if I clean the brass components with Brasso will it react with the ultem body of the mod? I don't really want to try a spot test if at all possible.

Thanks

Id be more bothered about the shit melting button and spring than what the ultem will look like after a bit of brasso [emoji4]

if you clean the brass parts after polishing them with brasso there should not be left any brasso to react with anything.in your place i would double check that it is actually ultem

Dont you have an ultem drip tip or something to simply test it?
In the end, Ultem is just the brand name for PEI, a kind of plastic that should not differ too much from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I find Solvol Autosol is not as harsh as Brasso and stays shiny longer, i use loads of it on the brass work on my vintage engine parts.

I find Solvol Autosol is not as harsh as Brasso and stays shiny longer, i use loads of it on the brass work on my vintage engine parts.

+1. Used to use autosol on my brass mod. Use it for cleaning my stainless exhaust can and other bike parts.

Back
Top Bottom