What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

Just wanted to report back on this, been running it for a few more days, vaping on it pretty much non-stop all weekend. The 12mg juice started feeling like it was a bit too much so I have a 70/30 6mg Wonutz strawberry vanilla juice in there now, and it is working beautifully, if anything the flavour seems to have improved over time, I have no idea why but it's vaping better than it was at first. I haven't changed the wick yet either, which is weird, in my RDA's I have to re-wick every couple of days without fail, but the coil and wick in this is still going strong. Can't complain, I'm really enjoying it.

Just wanted to report back on this, been running it for a few more days, vaping on it pretty much non-stop all weekend. The 12mg juice started feeling like it was a bit too much so I have a 70/30 6mg Wonutz strawberry vanilla juice in there now, and it is working beautifully, if anything the flavour seems to have improved over time, I have no idea why but it's vaping better than it was at first. I haven't changed the wick yet either, which is weird, in my RDA's I have to re-wick every couple of days without fail, but the coil and wick in this is still going strong. Can't complain, I'm really enjoying it.
I'm still vaping mine regularly too, I think you're right, the flavour from mine has certainly improved a bit over time. Still no leaks or dry hits. Overall this is a very impressive bit of kit. Out of interest what are you using to wick yours with?

I'm still vaping mine regularly too, I think you're right, the flavour from mine has certainly improved a bit over time. Still no leaks or dry hits. Overall this is a very impressive bit of kit. Out of interest what are you using to wick yours with?

I’m using Vandyvape Ni80 MTL clapton wire, 5 wraps I think, 2.8mm, and cotton bacon lightly combed out. Exactly the same thing I put in my Cthulhu MTL RDA, which would have to be rewicked maybe twice after this much use. Maybe it’s a lucky build, but it would be weird if I got it so right for my first build in this tank.

I wonder if it’s not so much a case of the flavour improving, we might just be adjusting to this tank and vaping it in a certain way. I think I’m drawing on it slightly differently to how I use my MTL drippers, maybe a slightly looser and longer draw, I’m not sure but it’s definitely hitting the spot.

Just noticed vaping v1ck has a review up now and he has his coil mounted quite high with legs on the bottom. I'm going to give it a go and I'll report back on the throat hit.

I wick mine with muji and as I explained before I can't comment on flavour over time. I could go to the shop today for example, buy a juice I've never vaped, and by the end of the day I won't be able to taste it anymore. I get used to a flavour very fast, for the past three years it's been that way, wasn't always the case...

I know I was getting good flavour from the gate with my last diy mix. I need to get some sort of daily flavour rotation on the go.

So throat hit is important to me, else it's like inhaling nothing because there's no flavour.

A bubble glass would look great on this, maybe if we break enough of the 2mm glasses they'll release one..

I think I'm becoming the biggest fan of this RTA, I finally rewicked and put in a new coil last night, it was still vaping fine but curiosity got the better of me so I opened it up and looked at the state of the wick, it looked like a burnt sausage covered in barbecue sauce, definitely needed changing. New build working just as well as the previous one, vaping like a champ.

A bubble glass would look great on this, maybe if we break enough of the 2mm glasses they'll release one..

I think I'm becoming the biggest fan of this RTA, I finally rewicked and put in a new coil last night, it was still vaping fine but curiosity got the better of me so I opened it up and looked at the state of the wick, it looked like a burnt sausage covered in barbecue sauce, definitely needed changing. New build working just as well as the previous one, vaping like a champ.
It's a difficult atty not to love

Noticed SR Vapes are now stocking the gate.

I can't afford to replace the glass right now, had to buy a mod in emergency. The plan is to use my sxk doggy until my hastur mini arrives. See if I like that better than the gate, if not then I'll look at replacing the glass.

Ordered the mini from Ali Express on Friday I believe. Still hasn't been dispatched yet... They're going to cancel the ordered if its not dispatched in two days. So it'll be over two weeks from now, at the least. That's if they don't automatically cancel it aha.

Noticed SR Vapes are now stocking the gate.

I can't afford to replace the glass right now, had to buy a mod in emergency. The plan is to use my sxk doggy until my hastur mini arrives. See if I like that better than the gate, if not then I'll look at replacing the glass.

Ordered the mini from Ali Express on Friday I believe. Still hasn't been dispatched yet... They're going to cancel the ordered if its not dispatched in two days. So it'll be over two weeks from now, at the least. That's if they don't automatically cancel it aha.
https://www.naturevape.co.uk/accessories-27/replacement-glass/glass-tube-for-gate-mtl-rta

Here's the link to the new glass when you're ready, .£2.99 plus postage.Mine came today so I'm up and running again. It's like being reunited with an old friend :)

Back
Top Bottom