What's new

Vandyvape & El Mono Vapeador - Widowmaker RDA - SS

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
When I fall I shall rise…

This has been of interest for me for some time now and seeing this beauty being released by the Vandy Vape team it was one which I knew would work. The way this beauty brings every draw to the lung it shows perfection and the upmost confidence in a higher spec RDA. The way this works is simple replacing each and every airflow and just enjoying…

resize_DSC_0968.JPG
resize_DSC_0969.JPG

Out the Box

The Widowmaker comes in 5 different colour options for the 24mm tank, including Matte Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Gold and the famous Rainbow (7-Colour). The price is $30 USD and £24 GBP, so it’s a perfect price for an entry RDA and im telling you its worth the small price tag of higher priced

The tank has a 1ml well which isn’t great, but it still has dry hit me yet. The tanks have lots of different contents in the box which is a good start to get set up and running. There are loads of spare O-Rings Extra airflow rings which include a cyclops hole and tighter draw of a smaller cyclops hole.

There is some nice cotton which wasn’t used for this review, but it was fluffy and laced out. In the cotton bag were triple fused clappos which were perfect, so I used these for the tank

An Allen key to change the pin, a set of screwdrivers. A full spare set of grub screws. A spare drip tip which replaces the original dripper tip. Along with the warranty card and a big how to sheet in all the different languages.

resize_DSC_0970.JPG

The Build

The build quality is really impressive and it's machined incredibly well. Vandyvape and El Mono Vapeador have got this one right and with all the options of many just one RDA. It's great that the rings for airflow can be changed like for the Cyclops or the Borehole or honeycomb for me the Honeycomb was much better and gave both cloud and productions...

Once id set up the coils, they were reading .20 which I thought was a good start to getting some nice clouds and brilliant flavour. I did do a mix of wattages just to see what its best was. The coils were easy to install on the machined in the post which I thought looked very well machined and gave a good high-end feel. The coils had to be measured right which was just 5mm so that they came nicely in line with the directness of the downward airflow set up.

Cyclops ring – this was a nice airflow but too restricted for me it took a while to get used to it but then I gave up merely because it seemed to take a long hard draw every time.

Honeycomb ring – this reminded me of the Drop dead, and I say this because this is where I first saw this design so I knew it would work and be right for sure. And it was

Borehole ring – This was decent I like it airy which is what made me go out and buy the Golem RDA by Big M Coils and Raymo. This is very loose of a draw and if you’re not into this id pass straight away and stick with the HC.

The priming of the wick is instant with the Vape Lace Cotton, roughly straight away and it can be vaped very quick the flavour comes through it really is instant with the flavour, however, it did get better over the course of the squonk. I’ve tested the coil at 50w, clouds weren’t the biggest but nice, then at 60w with nice flavour and consistent clouds. I then upped it to 75w and wow it was chucking them out and the flavour was perfect and creamy. But I found dropping it down to 65-70 would be much better on the cotton.

The airflow is really good, which makes this perfect in all aspects of flavour and cloud production. I’d recommend playing about with the wick and coils prior to setting your trusted originals up. I had the airflow open fully on the HC as it was just sweet as a nut.

The tank is 24mm and so small with the smaller chuff drip dip it looks awesome on the rage and seems to make it vape perfect…

resize_DSC_0971.JPG
resize_DSC_0972.JPG
resize_DSC_0973.JPG
resize_DSC_0974.JPG
resize_DSC_0975.JPG
resize_DSC_0977.JPG
resize_DSC_0978.JPG
resize_DSC_0979.JPG
resize_DSC_0980.JPG

Pros

· Great build

· Nice tip design

· Big coil placement

· Great design

· Perfect airflow on two of the

· Great flavour production

· Squonking perfection

· Great design

· High quality awesome price

Cons

· Restricted draw on the smaller cyclops ring

· The airflow rings need to have locking on them…for sure

resize_DSC_0981.JPG

Conclude

RDA’s are my chosen to go to on a mod whether this is dripping or if I’m squonking either or I don’t mind. Now it does depend on the RDA but this one is great, and I haven’t put this down yet and why haven’t I just because of the fact it’s perfect for any entry RDA. I haven’t had any issues yet with the reading of the ohmage or with the dry hits.

The flavour is great and consistent on fruity flavours. It literally clouds like a beast and I love the vapour production it brings to the table. They really have made this perfect. The build is so easy, and I can’t fault how quick it can be set up and used. I think it’s going to be an entry RDA I’ll be using on a regular basis.

Now would I buy it? OMG, that is such a daft question, yes, of course, it’s amazing and I think it’s really one of the best for 2019 so far in terms of cheap and reliable. I’m not putting people off the high-end stuff but this does have some pros that fall in line with the high priced ones as there are awesome and I own the Goon, the Golem, The Unicorn and they are literally banging on! But be sure to have this as a RDA to choose…

resize_DSC_0976.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Desire Design Rage - Red
Tank – Vandy Vape – Windowmaker RDA – SS
E-liquid – Empire Brew – The Lemonade Stand – Citric Passion– 70/30 3mg
Coils – VV– 0.20ohm Triple Fused Clapton’s - 65w
Batteries – Golisi 26 – 18650 2600mAh

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-vape-widowmaker-rda-24mm-gunmetal-p-14278.html

Thank you Pearl from Cigabuy for letting me review this product...

Back
Top Bottom