What's new

Siren v2 help

You're over-thinking it, just lob the coil on the right into the siren and vape it, the only shite coil is one that doesn't vape :D

Stress ye not, punt it in the atty, goan, you know you wanna!! If it makes you happy, pop up a wee piccy when you've wicked it and we'll say if it looks weird :)

Seconded, it'll work. May not be coil art, but coil art looks nice but doesn't vape well.

So put it in, clamp it down, wick it and vape it. Take notes as when you get something you like, you want to be able to repeat it.

Because everyone has a different coil build preference on each and every tank on the market.

What !!!!!!! Now I'm definitely mind blown

Yeh..i was thinking the same thing! Mordacai means well..but without a hands on demonstration...his method might be just a wee bit too taxing! But i think i know what he means. I don't do any of that myself...just wrap the wire around a 2.5mm rod & try and get the individual wraps evenly spaced out, then get the 'legs' to point in the right direction for the posts! That's about the limit of my fledgling expertise @ragingbull! lol!

The one on the right is my balls up, I've already flung 3 at the wall !!!

It wasn't that bad actually..you could've used that one! All you needed to do was straighten the legs, install it on the deck, nip the excess off, then do everything else i said to get it sitting nicely above the wicking vents. Your coil would still have worked!

You don't need to get it looking like the premade ones..as you can 'tidy' up the DIY ones once on the deck. Works for me....and i'm still relatively a noobie to coil building!

Hello ragingbull, I think that I understand what you're doing.

You are unwrapping the core wire of your coils, then they end up useless. You don't need to do that.

When wraps is mentioned with coils, they mean the amount of times that the wire that is wrapped around a forming tool. This is the same for simple or complex multi wire coils.

Instead, install a coil and tighten the screws once you have centered it. Then use a screwdriver or tweezers to move the wraps apart a little, then cut off the excess wire. Then the fun with wicking can commence.

Hope that this is helpful to you and you get it sussed, but once you've done it a few times it gets much easier.

My preference for MTL is 29 AWG (0.28mm) SS316L wire, as it's thick enough to use and not thin enough to annoy. And I use a 3mm forming tool (knitting needle), but a drill bit or anything the right size can be used.
Hi Mordacai. Where do I get these please

This is what I need to get too, as you can see, its shite :12::12::12::12::imstupid need it 'staggered' View attachment 190032

Looks to me like you're unwrapping half a wrap to make the legs face opposite direction. Which is why it looks messy. Don't unwrap half a wrap, add half a wrap. Just put the coil on a rod or screwdriver and add one half wrap.

Looks to me like you're unwrapping half a wrap to make the legs face opposite direction. Which is why it looks messy. Don't unwrap half a wrap, add half a wrap. Just put the coil on a rod or screwdriver and add one half wrap.

If he does want to take a half wrap off, the neatest way is to put the coil on a coil rod & slowly pull the one leg until the other leg has does the half turn

The coil doesn't need to be picture perfect, making a coil is only half the work and you'll get better with practice, fussing over having it perfect won't make the vape a great deal better. Use more wire than you need, add more wraps than you need and use some pliers to pull on one end to remove however many wraps or half-wraps you don't need. Spacing coils using your finger nails is also over-complicating the process, hold end of the wire, grab with pliers on the other, pull to space and push back together. If you added more wraps than you need starting out, it's easier to end up with a cleaner (more perfect) looking coil at the end. If you buy a simple round wire 30ft spool, you'll get about 90 odd coils out that spool even when being generous with the amount of wire you use per build (it's pennies per coil).

I have 2 sirens i use daily, it's taken me a while to get my builds just right (i run mine non-typical though, 0.4/0.5 ohm with 70 VG), but as with any tank, if you persist you'll find what works just right.

Not entirely necessary, but one of these will pay off and make building a bit easier (once you've had a bit of practice with it).

amazon.co.uk/Coil-Master-Coiling-Kit-Maker/dp/B01BF6TD14

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom