What's new

Hi, how are you.

Hi.
Congratulations on being off the fags for a week.

I would suggest that if you want to start reducing your nic level that you keep the device that is working for you now, with the high nic in it and get a second device for your lower nic.

If you drop too fast you might find cravings for a fag coming back. this will be no big deal if you still have a device with higher nic in it close by.

Unlike smoking where a fag is a fag, vaping gives you the option to vape different strengths at different times. i started on 24mg and now mostly use 5mg though I always have some arround that is twice that and there are situations where opportunities to vape are limited when I will vape 18mg or even higher.

You will vape more low nic juice to get the nicotine your body is used to, so simply reducing the nic strength of your juice will not automatically lead to you using less nic.

Anyway, you are doing well so far.
good luck.

@oldhippydude Thanks for making a good point about keeping some higher Mg Nic just in case. I have ordered a new mod kit for me, this enables my wife to try the stick vape for herself to use with 0mg sweet flavours to help with the sweet tooth she gets from her medication! I'll now be finding some extra tanks for mine so on Friday i can switch from 18mg down to 12mg and have an 18 in reserve just in caseys. Thanks for spurring my grey matter.

Hi and welcome to the community. Looks like you've taken to vaping quite naturally. Good on yer.

IMG_20170513_185939_232.JPG

@B4-Jaxx

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well done on your milestone, it feels good doesn't it. Take your time lowering your nicotine dose, slow and sure is the way to go...;)

hi and welcome to the forum, giving up stinkies is the best thing you can do for yourself, congrats.

Finding vaping in the last week has been a revelation.... I would always scoff at the vapers as it seemed a bit weird for me, why you puffing on strawberry (insert other flavours here) flavoured crap, whilst smoking a rollie!
I have tried to give up the fags many times, always failing within the first week. I had tried every method inc hypnotherapy (load of tosh) and have been a right twat to everyone in my path whilst trying to giveup. A friend of my wife gave us a SMOK stick V8 to try and see if the vaping would help. As of last Saturday i had no clue about vaping at all, bought myself some 18mg liquid and a coil and i was off. I have spent the last week reading all about vaping in an excessive manner, I'm a fast learner and have decided to get the Nic levels down as quick as possible and find my happy medium level.

Holy smokes Batman I have been off the fags for one week now, with no cravings or anger management issues and my family still loves me and i smell of sherbet lemon not fags :) I've found a new hobby by the look of it as well.
Congrats and welcome.

Cigarette flavours: Toboacco. Menthol.

Vape flavours: As above, plus... every fruit you've ever heard of, cakes, biscuits, puddings, coffee, chocolate, booze, spices, and an infinity of possible combinations. If you can imagine it, you can vape it. No brainer innit? :D

Back
Top Bottom