What's new

Siren v2 help

Hello ragingbull, I think that I understand what you're doing.

You are unwrapping the core wire of your coils, then they end up useless. You don't need to do that.

When wraps is mentioned with coils, they mean the amount of times that the wire that is wrapped around a forming tool. This is the same for simple or complex multi wire coils.

Instead, install a coil and tighten the screws once you have centered it. Then use a screwdriver or tweezers to move the wraps apart a little, then cut off the excess wire. Then the fun with wicking can commence.

Hope that this is helpful to you and you get it sussed, but once you've done it a few times it gets much easier.

My preference for MTL is 29 AWG (0.28mm) SS316L wire, as it's thick enough to use and not thin enough to annoy. And I use a 3mm forming tool (knitting needle), but a drill bit or anything the right size can be used.

Hello ragingbull, I think that I understand what you're doing.

You are unwrapping the core wire of your coils, then they end up useless. You don't need to do that.

When wraps is mentioned with coils, they mean the amount of times that the wire that is wrapped around a forming tool. This is the same for simple or complex multi wire coils.

Instead, install a coil and tighten the screws once you have centered it. Then use a screwdriver or tweezers to move the wraps apart a little, then cut off the excess wire. Then the fun with wicking can commence.

Hope that this is helpful to you and you get it sussed, but once you've done it a few times it gets much easier.

My preference for MTL is 29 AWG (0.28mm) SS316L wire, as it's thick enough to use and not thin enough to annoy. And I use a 3mm forming tool (knitting needle), but a drill bit or anything the right size can be used.
Hmmm... I'm losing patience, but thanks very much mordacai

It one of those things that tests your sanity, but you do get there eventually.

Be thankful that you're not trying to wick an Ammit 25. They're a right picky tank to get right, but when you do it rewards you. Then you've got to clean and rewick and then it mocks you.

I read ragingbull's post last night, and couldn't quite understand what he was doing..so thank you Mordacai for enlightning me! Yes..the premade coil don't need to be 'unwrapped' as it were..just slightly spaced out, to get an even glow across the whole coil when fired up.

Perhaps our frustrated Siren 2 learner would appreciate a coupla pickies to help him on his way.....as this banner might suggest:

:worthless: :)!

Here's my Siren 2 @ragingbull, this is what you should be aiming for. I make my own coils, so the current one installed is Kanthal wire, this one being 1.0 ohm. But the principle is the same.

Hope these help Ragingbull.....when you've got this far..i might stick a few pickies up next, on how to wick it correctly! :D

DSCF2650.JPG

And don't forget to leave a suffient gap btween the coil and the 3 wicking vents, i use a 2.5mm ID rod to guage with + the whole coil must cover the 3 air vents too, otherwise eliquid can leak out the adjustable air vent at the bottom..i found:

DSCF2649.JPG

Last edited:
I read ragingbull's post last night, and couldn't quite understand what he was doing..so thank you Mordacai for enlightning me! Yes..the premade coil don't need to be 'unwrapped' as it were..just slightly spaced out, to get an even glow acroos the whole coil when fired up.

Perhaps our frustrated Siren 2 learner would appreciate a coupla pickies to help him on his way.....as this banner might suggest:

:worthless: :)!

Here's my Siren 2 @ragingbull, this is what you should be aiming for. I make my own coils, so the current one installed is Kanthal wire, this one being 1.0 ohm. But the principle is the same.

Hope these help Ragingbull.....when you've got this far..i might stick a few pickies up next, on how to wick it correctly! :D

View attachment 189936

And don't forget to leave a suffient gap btween the coil and the air vent, i use a 2.5mm rod to guage with + the whole coils must cover the 3 air holes too, otherwise you liquid can leak out the adjustable air vent at the bottom..i found:

View attachment 189937
Your a bloody star..... when they let me out the padded cell I will upload pics

Thanks for the pic uploads, as they've cleared up a lot for ragingbull.

One way I discovered to make spaced coils is to wrap coils using 2 wires, so initially roughly spaced. Then I use the nail file of a small Wengen swiss army knife to uniformly space the coil, then put back on forming tool and compress the ends of the coil back together.

Thanks for the pic uploads, as they've cleared up a lot for ragingbull.

One way I discovered to make spaced coils is to wrap coils using 2 wires, so initially roughly spaced. Then I use the nail file of a small Wengen swiss army knife to uniformly space the coil, then put back on forming tool and compress the ends of the coil back together.
What !!!!!!! Now I'm definitely mind blown

Have a look at this vid, at about 1.34 the guy pulls the two ends of the coil apart. Thats all you need to do. I think its one of those things that is difficult to explain but easy once you can see it.

Back
Top Bottom