What's new

Stabwood Lipo DNA200/250

Stunning mod there I like the colour. Still have my oneofone fantastic 26650 mod.
IMG_9051.jpg

Hi apes,

So I made another mod for myself. I wanted a Lipo and a DNA200/250 as although I’m MTL I do like the Li-Po mods and the DNA 200/250 boards.

I had a great deal on a DNA200 so I’ve used that in it at the moment but could change to a 250 if needed. The Lipo is a 900mah 3s so 2a charging isn’t a big deal for me.

I know it may not be to everyone’s taste but thought I stick a photo or two up anyway. Obviously being a Lipo it’s a larger mod but does feel very comfortable and light.

The faceplate is carbon fibre 8-layer, and the Stabwood is hybrid resin with English burl walnut.

I decided to screw the faceplate on rather than bond it so that the Lipo and board are serviceable although I do like the cleaner look.

The carbon is a nightmare to machine as it frays all over the shop, and the faceplate is 0.35mm undersized in length so I may remake it when I can. Anyway, pics:

View attachment 189662
View attachment 189663
View attachment 189664
Looks smart

I’ve made a slight update now to clean the faceplate up, the screws weren’t doing it for me so style has won over function I’m afraid!

I’ve redone the faceplate minus the screws and it’s now a friction fit with a tiny dab of epoxy so worst happens I can still prize it off.

I’ve also further rounded off the front of the body and reduced the step from the body to the faceplate as i think it looks better. I don’t want a flush faceplate but it’s now around 0.8mm and that seems just nice.

It’s worth noting though that I do have battery venting at the bottom of the mod.

IMG_0684.jpg

A real nice job, I love the streak of red running through it. I hope you enjoy many happy hours together.

Back
Top Bottom