What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Sounds the same as mine, pisses itself with the bubble glass and fine with the straight one. I just accepted it and moved on. Plenty other tanks out there that are less hassle tbh.
nah man, I used the bubble glass exactly because I thought the straight one was problematic...

Any way, it's not leaking now.
Fingers crossed, I'm gonna fire it up and come back with news.

I don't understand. Is this made by Microsoft? You must take it apart and put it together again to solve an issue? It works perfectly now. (ok, I've said this before, I know, but I don't feel any gurgling or hear any suspicious noise anymore)
Look at my pretty new toy:

8jlGJ14.jpg

I guess it’s just as likely over time we could get some iffy ones in QC shite has got out into the wild - things is though if you got a dodgy one from us (or I heavily suspect naturevape would take the same stance) we would just change it no quibbles.

It one of the many reasons I don’t buy direct from China myself.

Heya @ZT, Aye..i don't buy from China direct either..cheap doesn't always mean good quality!

Just wondering..how's the cafe now? Hope the damage has been fixed & business is back to normal now?

I saw the vid on the break in....shocking stuff...makes me sick to think lowlife barstewards like them, have so little respect or consideration for honest working folks trying to earn a crust. And the mess they created. If i had a little shop i put my heart and soul in..it would break my heart to see what those two barstewards did. And they say hanging is immoral today...i'd beat the living bejesus out the them if i could, the feckers. And they knew exactly what they were looking for too.....i wouldn't be surprised if they had frequented your shop beforehand.

Have the heartless scroats been apprehended yet?

Anyhoo...i hope things are the mend again...maybe with stronger security in place for the future!

I don't understand. Is this made by Microsoft? You must take it apart and put it together again to solve an issue? It works perfectly now. (ok, I've said this before, I know, but I don't feel any gurgling or hear any suspicious noise anymore)

8jlGJ14.jpg

As i've mentioned on the other less pleasant Ehpro True thread, mine was bought from Nature Vape...and it doesn't leak even with the bubble glass on it, which is how it came. But, the first time i set it up it did leak out of the air vent (not the ACR)..and i discovered that was down to the cotton wicking touching the base of the tank. There's very ittle space between the bottom of wicking channels and the tank base, it's easy for the wicking to slump down and touch the tank base. So on my 2nd wick, i snipped the tails off tight to the bottom of the wick channels....it didn't leak after that. Bar the ill fitting bubble glass too, maybe that could be what's happened with yours, perhaps.

Anyhoo..hope yours continues to stay leak free...it's a good tank...i really like the tightness in the draw it offers.

Last edited:

8jlGJ14.jpg

Fingers crossed for you

Getting a tank that works & one that you get on with & further more overcoming any "qwirks" is a PITA

The risk of shinytitus, always looking for the ultimate tank that scores 11 out 10, many of us have tried that quest
(think the failure rate is around 2:1 meaning you buy 3 tanks and only one you end up keeping/using)

Now IF a tank "slightly" weeps specifically at the base around the AFC ring like one or two of my True's did
Then the easiest thing to try is the gasket mod/bodge to try to seal between mod/tank better
Forgetting a sec that some leaking is most likely wicking or sussing the True's actual wicking method etc....

Each type of mod is slightly different in the actual 510 connector used....
Some are completely flush 510 connectors......

s-l300.jpg

Most still have the grooves or crosses from yesteryear that old tanks needed to draw air from.....

Box-mod-510-connector.jpg

Now again IF on "some" weepy tanks the AFC ring is rather loose and there "might" be a risk of weeping at base
being very slight or greater in some cases, no matter what you try to do then a gasket imho could help improve the seal

It won't stop it pissing out, that would require more investigation, nor will it stop it leaking at the air hole itself
but it should lower or stem the ejuice building up on the 510 connector if the ring weeps a little at base
(due to an improved all-round seal between tank & mod on some possible weepy tank/rings)

As you can see in second pic, on most 510's there are gaps or channels that "could" allow juice to weep/seep from in time

A gasket can assist in helping to improve the seal like I said & you can make something very easily without too much fuss
You can use the choccy corrugated plastic cover as it is more durable than cardboard....
Flat on both sides but corrugated to squish down to help seal between mod/tank etc.....

I don't think I need to post a pic of making a DIY gasket, it is pretty straight forward in what it is
but unbeknown to me they actuall sell these "gaskets" it seems already under the guise of "MOD GUARDS"

Well, whatever these gaskets are used for, as a guard to prevent/reduce scratches to your mod - oh FFS please it's a mod ffs
Or as a possible gasket to help make a better seal between tank/mod
heck even as a slight flip slide that the gasket shifts the airhole position slightly, should your hand/finger often cover the air intake during use, yeah I got one or two setups that the hole is nearly covered by my big hand/finger when in use, well the gasket shifts the position slightly
(not a lot as gasket is very thin, but just a bit sometimes that air intake is not covered during use so much)

AAAAAnnnnnyyyywwwwwaaaayyyyy........

There seems to be this " MOD GUARD " bollox that is effectively a gasket so gives you an idea of what you could perhaps try....

61dYl0mbpkL._SX425_.jpg

I mean this just popped up when search for 510 mod connectors, never heard of it before myself
but maybe some others have on here - probably a bit of a gimmick for tarty mod owners
but stuff like this could assist in reducing a weeping tank at base and maybe slow the flow juice out of tank onto/into mod

If you knock something up like that when you are bored, it might just help a little should you notice some juice under your True on mod
Worth a try and might reduce you losing your hair over a weeping tank & maybe keep the tank/mod from slippery juice seeping out

ATB

Getting a tank that works & one that you get on with & further more overcoming any "qwirks" is a PITA

The risk of shinytitus, always looking for the ultimate tank that scores 11 out 10, many of us have tried that quest
(think the failure rate is around 2:1 meaning you buy 3 tanks and only one you end up keeping/using)

Now IF a tank "slightly" weeps specifically at the base around the AFC ring like one or two of my True's did
Then the easiest thing to try is the gasket mod/bodge to try to seal between mod/tank better
Forgetting a sec that some leaking is most likely wicking or sussing the True's actual wicking method etc....

Each type of mod is slightly different in the actual 510 connector used....
Some are completely flush 510 connectors......

s-l300.jpg

Most still have the grooves or crosses from yesteryear that old tanks needed to draw air from.....

Box-mod-510-connector.jpg

Now again IF on "some" weepy tanks the AFC ring is rather loose and there "might" be a risk of weeping at base
being very slight or greater in some cases, no matter what you try to do then a gasket imho could help improve the seal

It won't stop it pissing out, that would require more investigation, nor will it stop it leaking at the air hole itself
but it should lower or stem the ejuice building up on the 510 connector if the ring weeps a little at base
(due to an improved all-round seal between tank & mod on some possible weepy tank/rings)

As you can see in second pic, on most 510's there are gaps or channels that "could" allow juice to weep/seep from in time

A gasket can assist in helping to improve the seal like I said & you can make something very easily without too much fuss
You can use the choccy corrugated plastic cover as it is more durable than cardboard....
Flat on both sides but corrugated to squish down to help seal between mod/tank etc.....

I don't think I need to post a pic of making a DIY gasket, it is pretty straight forward in what it is
but unbeknown to me they actuall sell these "gaskets" it seems already under the guise of "MOD GUARDS"

Well, whatever these gaskets are used for, as a guard to prevent/reduce scratches to your mod - oh FFS please it's a mod ffs
Or as a possible gasket to help make a better seal between tank/mod
heck even as a slight flip slide that the gasket shifts the airhole position slightly, should your hand/finger often cover the air intake during use, yeah I got one or two setups that the hole is nearly covered by my big hand/finger when in use, well the gasket shifts the position slightly
(not a lot as gasket is very thin, but just a bit sometimes that air intake is not covered during use so much)

AAAAAnnnnnyyyywwwwwaaaayyyyy........

There seems to be this " MOD GUARD " bollox that is effectively a gasket so gives you an idea of what you could perhaps try....

61dYl0mbpkL._SX425_.jpg

I mean this just popped up when search for 510 mod connectors, never heard of it before myself
but maybe some others have on here - probably a bit of a gimmick for tarty mod owners
but stuff like this could assist in reducing a weeping tank at base and maybe slow the flow juice out of tank onto/into mod

If you knock something up like that when you are bored, it might just help a little should you notice some juice under your True on mod
Worth a try and might reduce you losing your hair over a weeping tank & maybe keep the tank/mod from slippery juice seeping out

ATB
I use gaskets like that on every mod I own, just in case. Saves on atty rash too. I get mine from Stealthvape. :)

OK, just in case anyone was still curious, the tank works flawlessly now. Thanks a lot everyone, I enjoyed this a lot. Cheers!

Cheers for update - glad you sussed the technique & any other issues

Think we all are on our own learning curve still, I didn't know these "gaskets" already existed but @Crewella uses them

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/rebuildable-supplies/clear-atty-gaskets

maybe these will suffice also.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Besp...hash=item3d5d9af42d:m:mAH71O2OyGq9RCp4emuER5A

I think a 22/24 with 6mm hole will suffice, the 510 is 6.2mm at base & 6.8mm threaded
(I used a 7mm hole punch on my DIY choccy gaskets, 8mm ID hole might be a bit loose)

Some might use to protect against scracthes, some against any juice corrosion or maybe might help slow/stem a weeping tank at base
who knows - who cares, but glad you managed to persevere with the True and got it to work or sussed it out in the end

Back
Top Bottom