What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Yes, of course we trust the boys at manabush
I guess it’s just as likely over time we could get some iffy ones in QC shite has got out into the wild - things is though if you got a dodgy one from us (or I heavily suspect naturevape would take the same stance) we would just change it no quibbles.

It one of the many reasons I don’t buy direct from China myself.

I guess it’s just as likely over time we could get some iffy ones in QC shite has got out into the wild - things is though if you got a dodgy one from us (or I heavily suspect naturevape would take the same stance) we would just change it no quibbles.

It one of the many reasons I don’t buy direct from China myself.

Yep, I know you would replace it, and to me this is worth a lot more than getting it a few quid cheaper from China

IF - and it is a massive IF the True is leaking from underneath, around the AFC ring & very likely it is a loose AFC
(meaning it is really too easy to adjust the airflow on the True)

Then it is likely that looking at the AFC ring itself you notice it is slightly oval-ish at some points & a slightly larger gap in places
Now in theory it should not matter to the laws of physics & the syphon principle if there is a air gap in the snug fitting of AFC ring
After all - you got the air flow open on whatever AFC setting you choose for your draw/vaping style

BUT I have two True's out of 5 that seemed to weep at base where the other three do not
these two weepy True's had the oval/loose AFC ring compared to the three other snug AFC True's

Now the AFC ring simply pulls off to reveal just one single tiny o-ring at the top on the tank & nothing on bottom
Again - in "theory" it should not matter according to law of physics on the rules of syphoning etc.....
After all if the tank is open above the chimney, say a bad glass or seal around the glass itself then air leak allows the high juice
to then equalise and juice to try to level out resulting in leaking/weeping etc...... in the juice level coul then level out as liquids/physics do

However as stated this loose fitting AFC ring is not allowing the air ABOVE the juice to leak and allow the juice to equalise
so it really should not alter the physics of the juice in the tank as as I said the AFC ring is open to allow air INSIDE the chimney
(which is seperate from the physics of the juice sitting OUTSIDE the chimney at different levels to the coil etc....)

Ignore most of Fuctifino's law of physics bollocks, just pointing out it "should" NOT MATTER - but it does seem to on some tanks

OK there are two last ditch things of desperation you can try if after everything else & you are about to launch the True out the window

First thing - make a thin gasket to try to stem the risk of weeping at bottom of tank around the loose AFC ring
A good material is say a box of chocolates, the plastic corrugated cover in some box of chocolates is ideal
not too thick - or you can flatten this corrugated plastic type cover, make a small hole for 510 pin to poke through
screw the tank on and should squish and try to seal against mod/tank, trim off the excess with a scalpel later
you ideally want it of a plastic material to ensure it is durable as a cardboard gasket will fall apart if it gets wet from juice

This gasket could help stem the leak at the base around the loose AFC ring, the gasket has to be thin or the mod will not recognise
the coil if you use a thicker rubber washer/gasket - so it needs to be a thin gasket that doesn't impede the tank with mod

This gasket should reduce the weeping at base a bit if a tank is definitely leaking at base around the AFC ring itself
I say a bit but it might still try to weep if the AFC is really loose - again it "shouldn't" matter according to physics but alas it can/does

Next up if the last ditch method of making your own lower o-ring & where Ehpro fucked fucked up imho
they should have place another o-ring at very bottom of ring to compensate for loose AFC ring discrepancies

Clean up any greasy juice at base & AFC ring itself to assist in sealant adhesion (goes without saying)

So remove the AFC ring, then smear a very fine bit of slicone sealant at bottom edges of the tank base - right at bottom
you don't want loads of sealant that then clogs up the AFC hole or airway but just enough to create a seal between tank & ring
a very fine smear of silicone sealant and refit the AFC ring - there is a lug on ring to align with tank
but if you align the AFC hole you normally use, with the port on tank base it will slip back on OK

reifit the tank to mod with thin fancy chocolate plastic gasket you made/tried
check the airflow is set to your usual setting and allow to cure/dry for say one hour or 30 mins at least

I would not allow the silicone to sit in juice inside tanks, but we are using to silicone to seal the air gaps on base of tank/ring
so no real risk of juice in tank being tainted by a slicone flavouring

Now after all that fucking about, more silicone on your hands than on the tank where it leaked
scissors and bits of plastic gasket trimmings, whilst eating fancy chocolates with silicone covered fingers

HOPEFULLY you should have rectified another fucking flaw that Ehpro should have attended to before the tank left the factory
This oval/loose fitting AFC ring is not a very common issue but like the loose/chipped bubble glass there are a few tanks that
seemed to have slipped through the net on Ehpro's QC - or rather lack of it

YES it is a PITA to have to fuck about if your tank still weeps/leaks and you should not have to do this shit if Ehpro did their job
But I had two True's that weeped at base no matter what I did to coil/wicking and the others had firmer AFC ring to these iffy tanks
So noticed the AFC ring was very loose fitting and seemed to weep around it & tried to rectify it

It does work - even though according to physics it should not matter as air flow is open anyway to coil inside chimney etc......

BUT this last ditch bodge - and it is a bodge, all the same it did resolve the two iffy True tanks from weeping
now all the True's never leak a drop even long term just lying around or refilling even at 30 degrees in the Spanish sun on holiday
(Took a fixed up True for stealthy vaping & a Zenith, using the True mostly to see if coil would last a week which it did and leak free)

The thin gasket might work on its own, but you might have to create your own lower silicone lower o-ring if all else fails

You might just bin the tank already having given up on this leaky Titanic True tank, but just offering a bodge or two that did help for me

apart from all that crap - I'm out of ideas, but you can fix or rather bodge a True that leaks around the base at the oval AFC ring
yes it is a bodge & a bodge you should not really need to do if Ehpro did their fucking job right in the first place
but it does seem to work as a last ditch effort or resort if you wish to give the leaking True one last try before you bin it

ATB - that is all I can offer before you chuck the fucking tank out the window

Man, for this post alone and I won't throw it out. This level of dedication deserves some respect ;)
I'll try at some point, but for now I don't have the patience anymore. Also, I do the fiddling at the office, not at home, and I think I must do some real work too to get paid. I think. :)

edit: I just replaced the glass back to standard and filled it up and I will let it sit on a paper tissue until tomorrow. Honestly at first glance everything looks pretty damn tight, I don't see how QC could anticipate these problems. But I'm not a mechanical engineer.

Last edited:
now I am confused. It's not leaking at all. Could it be that only when there is suction involved I will get the error? :) Liquid physics and shit?

Sounds the same as mine, pisses itself with the bubble glass and fine with the straight one. I just accepted it and moved on. Plenty other tanks out there that are less hassle tbh.

Back
Top Bottom