What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

juice in ya mush is serious flooding, also try the other glass
the bubble was wanked on 2 of mine but you "might" have a wanked straight std glass so consider trying the bubble or vice versa
one bubble was a bit oval-ish & another had a slight chip in it
when I assembled these I knew almost straight away was fucked coz these True's don't flood unless something is fucked like glass/seal

These tanks don't really flood or gurgle, they might leak until you suss it but they don't really flood unless something is way out of whack
(well so I found, but I might have just sussed the wicking bollocks on them)

The coil should sit about 2mm above the jet/hole - other tanks you can sit the coil really low but not too low on the True's

no fancy coils - just some kanthal 6 or 7 wraps maybe producing 1.2 Ohms give or take a bit maybe about 11w give or take a watt perahps
or until you get the flavour - shouldn't need mega watts on this tank, really shouldn't need it - but you'll suss what coil/watts works
(you're not a noob)

think raise the coil a smidge and check the glass/seals if she floods/gurgles, coz that is a sign of a bad seal on that True tank especially

I didn't pay too much attention to the glass but I had no leaks except the holes. I'll inspect it more closely tomorrow morning (I am on the EET timezone). Also, I will try my own coil, until now I used the premade one that came in the package. And I set it under the clamp, I will try it around the screws this time, it will be 1mm higher by default.
Many thanks for your answers and excuse my English.

I didn't pay too much attention to the glass but I had no leaks except the holes. I'll inspect it more closely tomorrow morning (I am on the EET timezone). Also, I will try my own coil, until now I used the premade one that came in the package. And I set it under the clamp, I will try it around the screws this time, it will be 1mm higher by default.
Many thanks for your answers and excuse my English.

I find the screws easy to trap the wire. Never bothered with the clamps

Yeah only went under the clamps once only and noticed just how damn low it placed the coil by default - yeah forget the clamps

as @rew said the screw heads are decent size and trap the wire easily - especially if you slightly bend the wire around at ends
as long as you place the wire to the left of screw it will be fine
if you lay the wire to right of screw head, as it tightens it can tend to try fight/push the wire away, it will work OK if you are careful
but tbh, as a general rule of thumb, lay wire to left of screw head and it should bite/grip/hold in place very well when tightening

I had a little bit of gurgling with my true, the first time i set it up. i put it down to not enough cotton wicking, hence the dome was flooding slightly. Fixed that on me 2nd wick. I seem to be lucky with my bubble glass extentions though...they fit it nice n tight.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm back. I think the problem is gone now. I have used my own clasic kanthal coil and trap it under the screws. Damn the clamps! :)

Many thanks for the swift and helpful replies!

(I'll test the bubble glass later, i'm not curious for now, I like the slick look of the tank on top of the ehpro 101 mod)

Alright, I'm back. I think the problem is gone now. I have used my own clasic kanthal coil and trap it under the screws. Damn the clamps! :)

Many thanks for the swift and helpful replies!

(I'll test the bubble glass later, i'm not curious for now, I like the slick look of the tank on top of the ehpro 101 mod)

Good to hear. Any further issues get back to us.

OK, one hour later, I got the same problem. I'll now focus on the glass and the o rings. :(

Depending on your climate and just clutching at straws or just mentioning it.....

What ratio is your juice - you might benefit from a slightly thicker/higher VG ratio perhaps if it is quite warm where you live
in hotter climates a thinner juice might weep/leak a little more than a thicker juice
say if you live rather hot climate a std 50/50 might be prone to weeping than say a 60/40 or 70/30 if in a really really hot country

(just you mentioned about your time zone and English not perhaps being your native language - hence mentioning hot climate)

but yeah check glass/seals and also check the 510 pin is tightened up OK & not loose
(had one tank arrive with the 510 pin a bit loose and now always check they are fixed correctly before using)

Back
Top Bottom