What's new

CBD first try - results

On a more serious note, it definitely helps me get to sleep. I understand there may be a degree of placebo effect, but this doesn’t make any difference to the fact that I can get to sleep after a few puffs of it when I couldn’t before.

Which brand are you using mate?

Which brand are you using mate?

I’ve had both the shatter and isolate from drip hacks and dissolved it in pg. 1g in 20ml with the isolate, 30ml with the shatter, this was my first attempt, tried to go stronger with the isolate. Purely so i had to puff less, rather than ingest more, as it doesn’t taste great. I ended up mixing both together in the same bottle. They both put me to sleep, the shatter seemed to work a little bit better and I’m not sure if this is because it contained “terpenes”. I now have both mixed together in the same bottle.

I also had some from ukcbdvape.com which also worked.

I’d say at a guess my average use would be once or twice a week. It’s been less frequent since we had a baby in december, I’m shattered most of the time these days.

Oh, and I usually drop a few drops on a jorda b rta at about 0.7Ω and 20w and have 3 or 4 puffs.

I’ve had both the shatter and isolate from drip hacks and dissolved it in pg. 1g in 20ml with the isolate, 30ml with the shatter, this was my first attempt, tried to go stronger with the isolate. Purely so i had to puff less, rather than ingest more, as it doesn’t taste great. I ended up mixing both together in the same bottle. They both put me to sleep, the shatter seemed to work a little bit better and I’m not sure if this is because it contained “terpenes”. I now have both mixed together in the same bottle.

I also had some from ukcbdvape.com which also worked.

I’d say at a guess my average use would be once or twice a week. It’s been less frequent since we had a baby in december, I’m shattered most of the time these days.

Thank you, I’ll have a look into them! Pretty conflicting information some people say you need to build it up, others say a couple puffs on a vape will work. I guess it must just be different from one person to the next, I really hope I can find something that works that doesn’t cost the earth!

Thank you, I’ll have a look into them! Pretty conflicting information some people say you need to build it up, others say a couple puffs on a vape will work. I guess it must just be different from one person to the next, I really hope I can find something that works that doesn’t cost the earth!

I think it might vary based on what people use it for. There’s some (limited) scientific evidence that cbd directly affects the mechanism of sleep. It may be that for pain relief etc it works in a different way.

As an aside, I used to enjoy using other cannabinoids in my younger years, and those would help me sleep as well. But more recently I had very varied experience, with it sometimes keeping me awake. It might be to do with the balance of active components, I was thinking. I think this might also mean that my cannabinoid receptors might be a bit skewed, from overfeeding.

I think it might vary based on what people use it for. There’s some (limited) scientific evidence that cbd directly affects the mechanism of sleep. It may be that for pain relief etc it works in a different way.

As an aside, I used to enjoy using other cannabinoids in my younger years, and those would help me sleep as well. But more recently I had very varied experience, with it sometimes keeping me awake. It might be to do with the balance of active components, I was thinking. I think this might also mean that my cannabinoid receptors might be a bit skewed, from overfeeding.

That’s interesting, so I guess relating to CBD - you could also experience different results, brand on brand, depending on what strain of plant the extract has been extracted from. I noticed on some websites they are advertised as “cannabis Sativa extract” which is great, but there are hundreds of strains, all that are reported to offer different effects.

I get the feeling you could have to go very deep into this to get to the bottom of what is best for you, and perhaps you could say you’ve been lucky to find one that worked off the bat.

I clearly know fuck all about it, so I may be talking bollocks [emoji23]

That’s interesting, so I guess relating to CBD - you could also experience different results, brand on brand, depending on what strain of plant the extract has been extracted from. I noticed on some websites they are advertised as “cannabis Sativa extract” which is great, but there are hundreds of strains, all that are reported to offer different effects.

I get the feeling you could have to go very deep into this to get to the bottom of what is best for you, and perhaps you could say you’ve been lucky to find one that worked off the bat.

I clearly know fuck all about it, so I may be talking bollocks [emoji23]

I think if it’s pure extracted cannabinoids it shouldn’t make a difference, but maybe it would with the full spectrum ones. I think terpenes might play a part as well.

It’s probably more straightforward for someone like me just looking to get to sleep than having more complex issues, though.

The reason I was uneasy about the original post: Bought some of the cbd oil at vape expo in Birmingham last year. Me, @junglist and @JustDave we’re having a few beers after the expo. Me and junglist tried it don’t think Dave had any, I probably had too much as I was wanting to crawl to the train rather than walk and it’s a fair distance, was trying hard to stay awake when I was at the station waiting for the train. It seems to work better after a few beers, I have some on a Friday night and have a great nights sleep. Can’t see how vaping it would have much of an effect unless it just a mild calmness, I have cbd juice but need to dedicate a tank to it and experiment and let you know. The oil dropped under the tongue works.

Back
Top Bottom