What's new

CBD first try - results

i will have a mini review up in the next week or so. its just finding the time to use it as i seem to have a long lasting effect of drowsiness so driving to work the next day has been fun the first time i tried it.

i am just about to have a few puffs now but that is after half a bottle of jack daniels earlier. well it was a free bar and they brought me a bottle to the table so i broke my no drinking except for christmas or on holiday.
dont you just love greek engagement partys where the bar is at your table.

Im never comfortable with reviews like this as you are talking about a personal experience using something on a sample size of one that could if negative put people off from trying it that may greatly benefit.

I have just used 500mg oral CBD oil for 4 nights. and can also report it did absolutely nothing for me. The oil stank like weed and had a weed taste. I am slightly gutted as I was hoping this might of helped with my sleep disorder. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say but I was a bit hopeful it might of helped just a little.

Im never comfortable with reviews like this as you are talking about a personal experience using something on a sample size of one that could if negative put people off from trying it that may greatly benefit.

Wasn’t really a review dude, that’s why I didn’t mention any of the vendors or brands used. It’s simply an experiment with CBD.

Totally agree that it may or may not work for others, it’s just a case of having to give it a shot, like i did, to find out isn’t it?

Although that’s basically what a review is, talking about a personal experience. It’s just my opinion and the results of my mini trial, doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong! Just my findings is all :)

Four days of dripping is not long enough for any results, it needs to build in your system which takes a few weeks. I wouldn’t bother with anything less than 1000mg for pain relief and full spectrum is the only way to go. But it does work, just ask my mum! She was crippled with arthritis and sciatica, could hardly walk. I got her to try cbd and she went big for 3000mg. She is now completely off the 10 tramadol a day she was on and I struggle to keep up with her! Neither of us find much benifit to sleep and certainly never got any chill feeling from it, especially after one day. It also really helps me cope with my sensory overload issues I get from my aspergers too. But there is a lot of bullshit about the mythical powers of cbd which means that what it really can do often gets lost. Cbd is not a quick fix :)

Ibuprofen you get 16 in a box and your allowed 8 a day so 2 days per box 15 boxes a month at 20p is £3 you just saved yourself £197 for beer or a fucking last minute week away in the sun [emoji23]

Worth pointing out that long term use of ibuprofen without consulting a gp is a bad idea. It’s a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug and they come with some serious side effects. Most commonly gastrointestinal issues, commonly ulcers and bleeding, particularly in the elderly. Can have issues for your circulation, increase risk of stroke and there are possible links to increased chance of heart attack and heart failure. The can exacerbate high blood pressure and impair kidney function. There’s also a long list of other drugs they interact with, The stomach issues can potentially dealt with another type of medication (proton pump inhibitors) like omeprazole, and there are other nsaids like naproxen that may well be a better choice for long term use than ibuprofen. If I remember correctly you shouldn’t use ibuprofen for more than a month definitively without consulting a gp, and probably a good idea if using for ten days or more.

Edit: For clarity I’m not a doctor. If your in continued chronic pain requiring frequent ibuprofen You should probably see one though!!

Four days of dripping is not long enough for any results, it needs to build in your system which takes a few weeks. I wouldn’t bother with anything less than 1000mg for pain relief and full spectrum is the only way to go. But it does work, just ask my mum! She was crippled with arthritis and sciatica, could hardly walk. I got her to try cbd and she went big for 3000mg. She is now completely off the 10 tramadol a day she was on and I struggle to keep up with her! Neither of us find much benifit to sleep and certainly never got any chill feeling from it, especially after one day. It also really helps me cope with my sensory overload issues I get from my aspergers too. But there is a lot of bullshit about the mythical powers of cbd which means that what it really can do often gets lost. Cbd is not a quick fix :)

Is there any particular brand you could recommend? As reserved CBD mentioned earlier in the thread there is a hell of a lot of shit flooding the market, so it seems.

I’d be interested to know roughly what the cost is per month too, although I guess that kind of becomes better value if you’re having to buy lots of weekly prescriptions, because they aren’t cheap either.

I really did want this experiment to show some results, no matter how small they might have been. But after spending almost £70 and feeling nothing it kind of makes me dubious about the whole thing and concerned about spending any more on it - I’m not saying it’s total bollocks at all, if anything I thought it shows people you may need to spend a lot more than I did over a longer period which some people might not be able to afford.

Dunno if that makes sense, but My thinking was pretty much - if you think you can buy a pack of isolate and all your pain will vanish (which is certainly what some people report) then you’re in for a shock. The first thing I feel the need to look at when I consider anything new is the cost, it wasn’t very clear how much I’d need to spend until you’re in to deep to find out really. I was hoping that sharing my results would make it a bit clearer :)

Are you not getting any pain relief @Lee , it's not like you've been buying rubbish, I cant understand this at all.

CBD isolate crystals - these are pure CBD crystals that I diluted into PG at a concentration of 750mg in 10ml. I then diluted them into a 30ml bottle with some flavouring making a total of 250mg per 10ml. The mixture was reasonably cloudy and pretty harsh although that may have been thanks to the 50/50 ratio I mixed it at. I vaped this on a goon RDA 0.15 ohm at 80w. Firstly I tried a few drops, had a little break for 30 mins, went back for some more, repeated this process over a few hours then proceeded to vape almost half the bottle. Absolutely no effect at all that I could notice.

Too high a wattage, too low a resistance? I've been dripping my cbd for over 2 years in a Fuel Rda (you've probably never heard of it), dual coil, 24awg (0.50mm) Kanthal, 3mm id, 7 wrap, around 0.35 ohm at 50-60watts, its been perfect for me. Vaping cbd has always worked for me, 2 or 3 lugs first thing and I'm set up, even on the really bad days (unable to walk properly, bend and flex, or hideous pain) I can get some relief. The oral stuff less so, hit and miss, and gets expensive, the flowers, not tried them yet, I'm not convinced, in terms of dry herb vapourising the dark side stuff is probably better for me, but of course ones functioning goes down the pan somewhat (hence cbd).

Ibuprofen you get 16 in a box and your allowed 8 a day so 2 days per box 15 boxes a month at 20p is £3 you just saved yourself £197 for beer or a fucking last minute week away in the sun [emoji23]

I'll be a pita by telling you that Ibuprofen doesn't work for my pain, in fact, it makes it worse, that's probably a bit rare though.

Are you not getting any pain relief @Lee , it's not like you've been buying rubbish, I cant understand this at all.

Too high a wattage, too low a resistance? I've been dripping my cbd for over 2 years in a Fuel Rda (you've probably never heard of it), dual coil, 24awg (0.50mm) Kanthal, 3mm id, 7 wrap, around 0.35 ohm at 50-60watts, its been perfect for me. Vaping cbd has always worked for me, 2 or 3 lugs first thing and I'm set up, even on the really bad days (unable to walk properly, bend and flex, or hideous pain) I can get some relief. The oral stuff less so, hit and miss, and gets expensive, the flowers, not tried them yet, I'm not convinced, in terms of dry herb vapourising the dark side stuff is probably better for me, but of course ones functioning goes down the pan somewhat (hence cbd).

Honestly mate, I can’t notice any change or effects at all. I do still have about 8ml or so left of the isolate, I’ll certainly try the rest of that with some more resistance and less power, see how that goes.

Would you say, based on your experience, I should have noticed something from the amount I used? Because if you think I should have, then I clearly need a much stronger mixture!

The thing is, you see it recommended to “add a few drops” to your tank, I don’t think that would be anywhere near enough to do anything for me, I have no idea why [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom