Vape Superstore
What's new

CBD first try - results

Lee

Vendor
Thought I’d post an update on this, I can’t be the only newbie that hasn’t tried it before!

I must add this has been a very short experiment, but I am coming to the end of what I purchased to trial, what follows is my honest results.

The reason why I wanted to trial CBD - moderate back and neck pain from several accidents years ago. Probably moderate stress at times, and a hard job getting to sleep at night. Neither of these issues stop me doing my thing day to day but the back pain is always their niggling away at me, worse at night.

What I trialed -

Full spectrum CBD oral drops (500mg)
CBD isolate crystals
CBD flowers

First up, the flowers. I purchased a bag of lemon haze which is advertised as 22% CBDA. Smells like weed, tastes like weed - but does fuck all. That’s basically a long story cut short. I Vaped almost the whole bag over two days in a dry herb vapouriser. Absolutely no effects at all to report.

CBD isolate crystals - these are pure CBD crystals that I diluted into PG at a concentration of 750mg in 10ml. I then diluted them into a 30ml bottle with some flavouring making a total of 250mg per 10ml. The mixture was reasonably cloudy and pretty harsh although that may have been thanks to the 50/50 ratio I mixed it at. I vaped this on a goon RDA 0.15 ohm at 80w. Firstly I tried a few drops, had a little break for 30 mins, went back for some more, repeated this process over a few hours then proceeded to vape almost half the bottle. Absolutely no effect at all that I could notice.

CBD oral drops 500mg - I was surprised how much this smelt, it really does stink. The taste is surprisingly nice, kind of like a mild weed taste, tolerable for sure. I have used 2 or 3 drops under the tongue twice a day for 4 days. I must add that the vendor did explain I would need to continue using this for over a month to really notice any effect. I can’t say I noticed any during my 4 days of use.

Conclusion - I don’t think I’ll be pursuing CBD any further, if it worked for you that’s great, for me it did jack shit. I understand it’s recommended to continue use for extended periods of time but I was expecting to notice something, anything even. Just a sign that it was doing something would have persuaded me to give it a full month or something.

You do see reviews about online dotted around by customers reporting a “excellent vape, nice chilled out feeling and excellent pain relief” - nothing like that for me sadly.

Royal Flush Vape
Fortunately, I don't feel the need for CBD but it's good to know other people's experiences of using it. Cheers mate

I was thinking of trying some for the same reasons, back, neck and sleep issues. Thanks for your review, I won't be bothering now.

AcmeFog
I’ll send you sample of 1000mg if you want to drip that and feel effect fairly rapidly. I do get what you mean a lot companies do push it over “ excellent reviews “ it does make it harder for genuine companies as there a lot of fakes, low quality rubbish out there. The problem with full spectrum is on what quality is the plant they used?! Was it high and rich in cbd cbg cbc etc, if not you end up with a 500mg measurement of full spectrum oil, but usually not 500mg of the compounds you require. It why ours are made up of pure compounds that we want! This is so we can measure them bang on what it says mg wise. But then again you might have high tolerance to CBD, I know people who can vape, smoke, drip 200mg and feel full effect, then there people who have to have 1000mg plus to feel benifits from it.

Thanks @Lee this is gonna save me going any further down the rabbit hole [emoji4] i had a delivery of isolate yesterday that went down like a led balloon with the other half when she vaped it with no hint of help so i think ill save my money and stop pushing her to try it based on shit i read online [emoji4]

Vape Superstore
I brought a 600mg bottle of full spectrum cbd which is supposed to be u the uks best according to reviews hoping it would bring my mood up. I think I wasted £50 as 4 drops under the tongue made no effect at all.

I’ll send you sample of 1000mg if you want to drip that and feel effect fairly rapidly. I do get what you mean a lot companies do push it over “ excellent reviews “ it does make it harder for genuine companies as there a lot of fakes, low quality rubbish out there. The problem with full spectrum is on what quality is the plant they used?! Was it high and rich in cbd cbg cbc etc, if not you end up with a 500mg measurement of full spectrum oil, but usually not 500mg of the compounds you require. It why ours are made up of pure compounds that we want! This is so we can measure them bang on what it says mg wise. But then again you might have high tolerance to CBD, I know people who can vape, smoke, drip 200mg and feel full effect, then there people who have to have 1000mg plus to feel benifits from it.

My thoughts, based on what I have consumed over the past four days are that either I am immune to CBD, or it’s placebo that people are reporting. I have no idea which but I would suggest that there is a lot of placebo going on for the most part, especially if people are raving about the products I have tried. One of the days I had 6 drops of the oil, over half a gram of the flowers and in excess of 15ml of 750mg isolate. I would have thought taking in that much in less than 12 hours would have made some difference haha, I was worried I used too much at times!

For what it’s worth, it’s very rare for me to indulge in the genuine article but if I do, a couple of puffs of the legit “flowers” and I am walking around like a zombie talking bollocks lol. That certainly does make pain disappear and send you to sleep but I just hate that zombie docile feeling that comes with it.

Vape Green
Thanks @Lee this is gonna save me going any further down the rabbit hole [emoji4] i had a delivery of isolate yesterday that went down like a led balloon with the other half when she vaped it with no hint of help so i think ill save my money and stop pushing her to try it based on shit i read online [emoji4]

I think that’s the main issue isn’t it, after trying this mini experiment I did consider purchasing a bottle of 1000mg thinking that I need more to notice any effect.

But then if you do the maths it’s just far to expensive to consider using day to day as pain relief, even if it did work. I worked out if I needed 10ml of 1000mg a week, which is only 1.5ml a day, @£50 a bottle which seems to be on the lower end of the average cost, I’d be spending £200 a month on it. I think I’ll battle on with ibuprofen at 20p a packet tbh [emoji23]

I brought a 600mg bottle of full spectrum cbd which is supposed to be u the uks best according to reviews hoping it would bring my mood up. I think I wasted £50 as 4 drops under the tongue made no effect at all.

Will you be continuing with the bottle? I’d be interested to hear if it started to work by the time you’d finished it off!

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I think that’s the main issue isn’t it, after trying this mini experiment I did consider purchasing a bottle of 1000mg thinking that I need more to notice any effect.

But then if you do the maths it’s just far to expensive to consider using day to day as pain relief, even if it did work. I worked out if I needed 10ml of 1000mg a week, which is only 1.5ml a day, @£50 a bottle which seems to be on the lower end of the average cost, I’d be spending £200 a month on it. I think I’ll battle on with ibuprofen at 20p a packet tbh [emoji23]
Ibuprofen you get 16 in a box and your allowed 8 a day so 2 days per box 15 boxes a month at 20p is £3 you just saved yourself £197 for beer or a fucking last minute week away in the sun [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom