What's new

presenting "Passion" a regulated dna75c squonker stabwood hybrid

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I've done these before but I'm doing this one different its a right-hand format

DVD

"Marathon Man"

Janeway: Listen, why don't we begin with what happened tonight, hmm? Perhaps you could... you know, give me some of the details.
Babe: I was here, Doc... died, you came.
Janeway: That's it?
Babe: I'm a demon for details.

so here is the block cut to the shape I have no idea what it will look like until I finish it for an approval shot the world holds its breath for a yes or no answer

alfIMG_7992.jpg

ok its semi polished I can see it in my hand but the customer (who is a lurker on here and my hopes he will join POTV) cant see what I can

alfIMG_7997.jpg

faceplate cutting all done by hand

alfIMG_8115.jpg

so with block cut and plate done, add the bits and we have

alfIMG_8135.jpg

Passion

alfIMG_8136.jpg

its made for a right-handed vaper

alfIMG_8137.jpg

the DNA board is a 75c

alfIMG_8138.jpg
alfIMG_8139.jpg

my hands were dusty so the mod was dusty also the dust comes free with the mod.......

in the paw 360 degree

next time

a twin set

deep

shimmer

flux

amber

love my mods then like them buy one

Very very nice, exactly how I pictured the panels looking for my paranormal that you never made me :P

I have always meant to ask why do you not use Allen screws?
Posidrive look terrible...
Really love your mods though, just asking?

I have always meant to ask why do you not use Allen screws?
Posidrive look terrible...
Really love your mods though, just asking?

Ahhh the screw debate a lot of people hate screws they want screwless faceplates, there is a but here, a big but, I want my mods to be able to be serviceable, boards fail 510s break if you don't use screws you have to bond the face plate on as in glue it in place once glued if the board fails you will have to break into the mod so 90% of the time the mod is scrap

case in point 2 years ago I did a dna75 the boards temp controller failed in the first 12 months after 24k puffs he had a new board FOC 8 months later it went again he had another board FOC just before Xmas he sent me the mod and asked for a yihi 485j board to be fitted which I did for him the mod is still going strong, if I had of glued that plate in place the mod would be scrap

Your quite right I should use torq or Allen but the screws are m1.6 very small so getting good quality small screws is hard to date I haven't found any I'm still looking

I know people mark down a mod with a screwed plate in place but its better than throwing it in the bin.

however, my e-pipes don't use screws at all

but also there is a cost element a mod thats screwless is more expensive, producing a mod that is £60 £100 cheaper than other mods out there reflects in that price

Another cracking squonk there Stu love the colours in this one and that groove you have down the side gives it a nice finishing touch ........:2thumbsup:.........

Back
Top Bottom