What's new

Vaping - more addictive?!

Cl123

Initiate
Does anyone else find that they feel more addicted to vaping than they did cigarettes? I love my e cig and the different flavours and I can't get enough! It feels a stronger pull but I don't know if that's in my head?!

I often wonder this myself. I think the flavours, the kit and the hobby aspect for me make it very addictive. I do puff a lot but im at home all day (working from) so have little or no restriction on when I vape.

Another factor is I bought tobacco because I needed it. I buy Vape things because I "want" them and want to get the most out of them. Also with smoking you get a ciggie and smoke it and that's it. With vaping there's always a new thing to try, a different coil or temp to vape at, different builds etc.

However, when im busy, distracted or whatever I don't crave nicotine like I used to and will go much longer without it than before.

I often wonder this myself. I think the flavours, the kit and the hobby aspect for me make it very addictive. I do puff a lot but im at home all day (working from) so have little or no restriction on when I vape.

Another factor is I bought tobacco because I needed it. I buy Vape things because I "want" them and want to get the most out of them. Also with smoking you get a ciggie and smoke it and that's it. With vaping there's always a new thing to try, a different coil or temp to vape at, different builds etc.

However, when im busy, distracted or whatever I don't crave nicotine like I used to and will go much longer without it than before.

Yes I'd agree that's probably the same for me! I'm off work at the minute and have been a while so I'm at home more so same less restricted but like you with distraction etc it's the same!

No. Compared to fags I find it hugely less addictive, in fact. I’ve noticed this since quite early on.

Absolutely not, quite the opposite in fact.

That's not to say I don't enjoy it far more that smoking, because I do. I don't equate enjoyment with addiction though. The fact I can often go a few hours with vaping without any problem proves it to me.

I guess your view might depend on how addicted you were to smoking.

I find that when I have it with me I use it all the time, its constantly in my hand ( oooer missus ) but if I cant use it, such as on a plane or in places its banned I don't miss it at all and don't get that "dying for a fag" feeling.

For me no, vaping is more a hobby and social thing for me.

I'm going to have to say the opposite in my experience. When I smoked, I was on 3 roll ups a day and that was enough for me. Anymore than that, they did nothing for me and could make me feel a little ill. I did stop without much issue for 9 months but started again largely due to thinking I could just have the odd one down the pub and leave it there.

When vaping came along, I saw a way out. A way of being able to puff nicotine day in, day out, without the same health risks. I jumped on it and switched right away with no issue. Since this, I find I vape whenever the situation presents itself. It's always in my hand. I think if I ever tried or needed to quit, I would struggle a lot more than when I quit fags. My nicotine intake has obviously gone up in comparison as I enjoy vaping a lot more for reasons mentioned above. I can vape continuously all day without feeling side effects unlike fags whereby I could only stomach said amount. For me, vaping is more addictive.

Interesting subject that's made me think.

I’ve been vaping for years & now can leave it at home and not be fussed, I just enjoy it, don’t feel like I must have it but enjoy the flavours and use.

On 3mg and I don’t get angry etc if I don’t have it :)

I'm more addicted to tea drinking than vaping.

Smoking cigarettes was a terrible itch that I scratched for a lifetime and I'm glad it's over thanks to vaping.

Edit... er... over the smoking... not the lifetime... I'm still here...

Back
Top Bottom