What's new

Zeus x wicking

The cotton looks dry in the photos. IMHO the X is the wrong rta to buy as a first rta.

Rtas are designed so the cotton feeds juice to the coil via capillary action. However, the very best rtas, those who's vape is so utterly saturated that it's as if you were drinking the juice - and are equal to even the very best rdas in terms of flavour - all have one thing in common; the rta design allows you to cut your wicks extremely short. The shorter the wicks are the closer the coil is to the juice supply and the less distance, and the less cotton, the juice has to pass thru from juice well to coil.

I used several builds and 3 different premium cottons before I got rid of my X. I was still disappointed enough to sell it within a week of buying it. A shame as its prolly the sexiest looking tank I've seen in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Ah, so it's the stuff that comes with the X you're using.

You could try using a different cotton such as Koh Gen Do or even Rayon, that may help but it's one of those things that you have to try first.

tbh your build looks fine and since you don t have dry hits or flooding wicking is done properly.you can try other coil material or other brand cotton to find what you like best.i don t think your build is the problem

I'll give that a go then mate, the tails need to be quite long on these then don't they. How do you mean what wicking? I've used the cotton that came with the tank.

Ah, so it's the stuff that comes with the X you're using.

You could try using a different cotton such as Koh Gen Do or even Rayon, that may help but it's one of those things that you have to try first.

tbh your build looks fine and since you don t have dry hits or flooding wicking is done properly.you can try other coil material or other brand cotton to find what you like best.i don t think your build is the problem

The first time I set the X up I used the wicking provided. I struggled to get a good taste and the overall vape experience as not great no matter how I trimmed the wicks
I rewicked with one of my favourite cottons and immediately the flavour as better and I had no problems with flooding.
Im still on the fence with the X. Something isnt quite right about it for me.

Have to say I've had the Zeus X for 2 days now and I hate it, total rubbish.
No matter how little cotton I use it always dry hits after a while and the flavour is crap.

In my mind the build deck is far too high above the juice wells,
Back to the Themis for me.

If they had updated the Themis with larger airflow that would have been perfect.

I managed to sort it in the end and the flavour is bang on now, but I had to trim the cotton a lot, I followed riptrippers wicking build video in the end

I was gonna say, I find the flavour pretty damn good on the Zeus X, I thin the ends quite a bit & just tuck them into the wicking channels with very little cotton below

Glad you sorted it :2thumbsup:

I've been using a single coil build on mine and wicking is spot on no dry hits and flavour is good too

Personally, I was quite disappointed with the X so I sold it within a matter of days. It's an alright tank but it's definitely nothing special worth getting excited about. There's far better rtas out there. Even the original Zeus pisses all over the X.

I did find it worked better with the coils quite high. With the coils low to the deck it's quite muted. Try raising your coils a couple of millimetres.

I will just add that several other members really like the X. I may just be very hard to please these days.
im still struggling after a cpl months to get much flavour.however reading your comment about raising the coil height reminded me of the photo of it wicked in the instruction manual. they indeed have the coils high. im going to try that next change....an my new alien wire when it comes.
what i have wondered with me personally, is im diabetic an always have issues with hydration an thrush,coz i cant stay off carbs.plus i use 20mg nic salt which am i right, high nic mutes flavor too?
now and again it suddenly produces a decent flavor. but alas its gone again a cpl hours later when i pick it up again.

im still struggling after a cpl months to get much flavour.however reading your comment about raising the coil height reminded me of the photo of it wicked in the instruction manual. they indeed have the coils high. im going to try that next change....an my new alien wire when it comes.
what i have wondered with me personally, is im diabetic an always have issues with hydration an thrush,coz i cant stay off carbs.plus i use 20mg nic salt which am i right, high nic mutes flavor too?
now and again it suddenly produces a decent flavor. but alas its gone again a cpl hours later when i pick it up again.

Personally, I was *extremely* disappointed with the Zeus X. :28:

Coil placement centers around airflow. And the airflow on the X, with the air holes in the upper chimney section, lends itself to a slightly higher coil placement. But even if you build the X to perfection it will still be a tier 2 rta. A shame too as it looks the nuts.

Nicotine content in and of itself shouldn't really effect the flavour. But 20mg is extremely high to be vaping dtl. Most (not all) people use 3 or 6mg for dtl and higher for mtl. If you're vaping dtl I would personally recommend you drop the nicotine level down a bit. If you're vaping 20mg mtl then no worries.

Vaping absolutely dehydrates. It's important that you take in sufficient fluid during the day. As an absolute bare minimum you should be aiming for a couple of pints of water on top of any other drinks you have throughout the day, ie, tea, coffee, etc.

Back
Top Bottom