What's new

CBD is confusing.... so confusing. What works for you?

@andi52 is this what you use? And dissolve them into 10ml of PG? https://meetharmony.com/products/pure-cbd-crystals/

No, I'm using the 500mg eliquid, it's probably the isolate that goes in it, you would have to ask them. Those crystals would be spot on, mixed in 10ml of base, you could vape that or dilute it down further, used as a concentrate, I found the 500mg straight from the bottle was too strong, or rather I just didn't need it at that strength - Bonus!

I'm using the following but they dont have it in 500mg

https://meetharmony.com/products/harmony-cbd-classic-hemp/

Which is the rebrand of what I use, I bought 5 discounted bottles in November 2016 when it looked like cbd was going to be banned by the MHRA

Edit:
Thank you! That’s very helpful, I haven’t tried anything as of yet but I will certainly give the sample from CBD elites a blast when it arrives.

Thanks for the offer of a sample too it’s very kind! I don’t have a issue with paying for a bottle of something I just want to make sure what I’m buying is right and not massively overpriced, it’s a bit of a minefield isn’t it! I’ll check out the brand you mentioned being that you have been using it continuously for years with good results thank you!

The idea being that at least you arent splashing cash all over the place and the harmony brand has been the best for my chronic and crippling pain, I bought loads of cbd before I found the one that works best for me , I'd previously spent a small fortune on cbd, and most of it was garbage, or didn't work for me, I think the industry is better now, less cowboys and scammers, they're still out there though.

Last edited:
Is there no impending threat from the MHRA now then? I’m another who finds CBD products bewildering. I use a low dose and find it helpful with anxiety issues, but it doesn’t touch my sciatica. I’m on all the usual prescription pain meds, and while they help me get through a day on my feet at work, I’m still in intense pain at times (spasms). It’s very difficult to be helpful and cheerful with customers when you’ve in that kind of pain, my fixed smile becomes more of a grimace! :grin2:

Is there no impending threat from the MHRA now then? I’m another who finds CBD products bewildering. I use a low dose and find it helpful with anxiety issues, but it doesn’t touch my sciatica. I’m on all the usual prescription pain meds, and while they help me get through a day on my feet at work, I’m still in intense pain at times (spasms). It’s very difficult to be helpful and cheerful with customers when you’ve in that kind of pain, my fixed smile becomes more of a grimace! :grin2:

Not as such, it's now all about the Novel Food Products regulations (EU) that the UK Government is gleefully looking to implement, meaning that ALL cbd products will be pulled from the shelves for at least 18 months, with a new regulatory framework after that, administered I think by the food standards agency.

https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/novel_food/legislation_en

http://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/novel_food/catalogue/search/public/index.cfm

Cannabinoids

Common Names
The hemp plant (Cannabis sativa L.) contains a number of cannabinoids and the most common ones are as follows: delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), its precursor in hemp, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid A (Δ9-THCA-A), delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid B (Δ9-THCA-B), delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), cannabidiol (CBD), its precursor in hemp cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC), and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabivarin (Δ9-THCV). Without prejudice to the information provided in the novel food catalogue for the entry relating to Cannabis sativa L., extracts of Cannabis sativa L. and derived products containing cannabinoids are considered novel foods as a history of consumption has not been demonstrated. This applies to both the extracts themselves and any products to which they are added as an ingredient (such as hemp seed oil). This also applies to extracts of other plants containing cannabinoids. Synthetically obtained cannabinoids are considered as novel

Glad to see so many posts in here today, glad I'm not the only one! :)

I'm still making progress and found a few further sites yesterday that I feel a bit more confident in. I'm also interested in "making my own", CBD isolate seems to be around £20/g and CBG £100/g. At least this way I know exactly what's in the vape liquid I'd make and it's around £70 to get the ball rolling, inc 0.5g of CBG. It'd work out at £30 per 1000mg/100mg CBD/G in 50ml of juice.

Although there's no strict upper limit on daily intake and technically you can't overdose, 50mg per day was suggested in a couple of places I saw. Don't if that info is that well known so thought I'd mention it.

I may also pick up some Reserved stuff to see what I'm aiming for, I think Canavape do a comparable product too.

So I'm looking around for some CBD, whether that's premixed vape juice, crystallized isolate or oral drops I don't know yet....

What I do know is that it's very confusing. Some people use 'full spectrum', some people use only cbd but there seems to be a lot of obfuscation going on.

"We use 6000mg of our full spectrum extract" with no mention of what the cbd content is.

Then there's the lab reports, CBD brothers for example, one product has like 3.2% another has 14% and the price doesn't seem to correlate.

Plus Amazon seems to not like CBD so that's an added hassle.

It seems to be a case of just suck it and see, have a go, see what you get, might be half decent, might be basically nothing.

It seems so hard to find level ground.

'Entourage effect' vs straight CBD, Co2 extraction vs. cold pressed, drops vs. vape, juice vs isolate.... it goes on and on.

So whatever works for you, please post it here as I'm losing the will here ;)

If you need some advice on CBD we will be more than happy to help. As a dedicated CBD company, we have fairly extensive knowledge, so if there's anything in particular you want to know, let us know and we can help you with your options.

What we would advise is not to buy from eBay or Amazon. As a currently unregulated industry, there are a whole heap of cowboys out there, rebottling Hemp Seed Oil and labelling it CBD. Hemp Seed Oil is NOT CBD Oil.

So, to answer a couple of your questions starting at the top :

Isolate CBD can only be used in the production of oral oil and vape juice. It can't be used as a food supplement or to make edible products.
Full Spectrum means that the whole plant has been used and the oil produced contains all of the plants compounds. CBD is found in abundance in the plant, but the plant also contains many other beneficial compounds such as CBG, CBN, CBDa amongst others and also contains terpenes and flavonoids.

Normally companies will use plant extract up to a certain amount and then 'top it up' with CBD isolate to get the high amounts, but most oral oil can be made with full plant up to about 1500mg before it because not cost effective any longer.

CBD Brothers have an odd labelling system and as a long time stockist of there's its hard to get your head around. For example, on their box of CBD Blue Edition it says 5% which is 500mg CBD, but the box says 2000mg. Basically this means there is 2g of plant extract and 8g of carrier oil. Out of the 2g of plant, 25% of it is CBD - That's 25% of 2000 making 500mg. The 14% you referred to is only on their paste. Paste is a raw ingredient. 14% Paste means that for every 1ml of paste it contains 140mg of CBD. Confused yet?

Enoturage simply refers to the effect that happens with full plant extract, and particularly when 2 or 3 strains are blended. The effect is a knock on effect that happens with cannabis compounds and terpenes, and basically one compound encourages the other to do something, and that in turn encourages another etc etc.

Cold Pressed only refers to the carrier oil - Cold pressed hemp seed is exactly that. hemp seeds that have been hydrollicaly pressed and the oil extracted - although its a good supplement it contains ZERO CBD, but is rich in omega 3 & 6

CBD is extracted in 2 common ways Supercritical C02 or but the use of an alcohol. Tincture normally refers to an oil extracted from alcohol. We only stock CO2 extracted oils as we believe its a safer way to extract. The process is quite complex so you don't have to worry about it!

Hope that helps!!! Message me if you need any more info!

If you need some advice on CBD we will be more than happy to help. As a dedicated CBD company, we have fairly extensive knowledge, so if there's anything in particular you want to know, let us know and we can help you with your options.

What we would advise is not to buy from eBay or Amazon. As a currently unregulated industry, there are a whole heap of cowboys out there, rebottling Hemp Seed Oil and labelling it CBD. Hemp Seed Oil is NOT CBD Oil.

Isolate CBD can only be used in the production of oral oil and vape juice. It can't be used as a food supplement or to make edible products.
Full Spectrum means that the whole plant has been used and the oil produced contains all of the plants compounds. CBD is found in abundance in the plant, but the plant also contains many other beneficial compounds such as CBG, CBN, CBDa amongst others and also contains terpenes and flavonoids.

Normally companies will use plant extract up to a certain amount and then 'top it up' with CBD isolate to get the high amounts, but most oral oil can be made with full plant up to about 1500mg before it because not cost effective any longer.

CBD Brothers have an odd labelling system and as a long time stockist of there's its hard to get your head around. For example, on their box of CBD Blue Edition it says 5% which is 500mg CBD, but the box says 2000mg. Basically this means there is 2g of plant extract and 8g of carrier oil. Out of the 2g of plant, 25% of it is CBD - That's 25% of 2000 making 500mg. The 14% you referred to is only on their paste. Paste is a raw ingredient. 14% Paste means that for every 1ml of paste it contains 140mg of CBD. Confused yet?

Enoturage simply refers to the effect that happens with full plant extract, and particularly when 2 or 3 strains are blended. The effect is a knock on effect that happens with cannabis compounds and terpenes, and basically one compound encourages the other to do something, and that in turn encourages another etc etc.

Cold Pressed only refers to the carrier oil - Cold pressed hemp seed is exactly that. hemp seeds that have been hydrollicaly pressed and the oil extracted - although its a good supplement it contains ZERO CBD, but is rich in omega 3 & 6

CBD is extracted in 2 common ways Supercritical C02 or but the use of an alcohol. Tincture normally refers to an oil extracted from alcohol. We only stock CO2 extracted oils as we believe its a safer way to extract. The process is quite complex so you don't have to worry about it!

I have another question after pondering today, I’m sorry if this sounds like an interview [emoji23]

I think I have decided on trying some oral drop (nice and easy once a day and done) and some Eliquid or “flowers” to try, see how they compare.

So I’m wondering, re the flowers some are advertised as 17% CBD. Is that 17% CBD per gram of product? And if so how has that been measured?

Let’s say you was going to use these in a dry herb vape, how you know how many MG of CBD you have just consumed?

Thanks for this, particularly the CBD Bros info. See? That's what I mean, you need a degree in rocket surgery to work it out! :)

The bit about using full spectrum and topping it up with CBD also makes sense.

I also saw a lot of people selling cold pressed oil as CBD, that's when I started losing the will to live ;)

It's a dicey old market out there for consumers, I think people are happy to pay for a 'kosher' product.

I recently had the chance to try oral drops and they seem to help just before before bed but I can't say I notice the effects as much as I do with vaping.

Your website looks upfront about the contents although the new product Phytocan needs a bottle size, looks to be a 30ml bottle? Also that popup is a beast if you're browsing between different products, maybe set the delay to 30 seconds ;)

Thank you again for the information which seems to echo (and validate) a lot of my findings.

As I said above I'll probably have a vapable option 'on tap' and use a tincture for bed time. As you so very kindly offered the free sample I look forward to trying it out when it arrives.

Very useful post! :D

I have another question after pondering today, I’m sorry if this sounds like an interview [emoji23]

I think I have decided on trying some oral drop (nice and easy once a day and done) and some Eliquid or “flowers” to try, see how they compare.

So I’m wondering, re the flowers some are advertised as 17% CBD. Is that 17% CBD per gram of product? And if so how has that been measured?

Let’s say you was going to use these in a dry herb vape, how you know how many MG of CBD you have just consumed?

OK, that's a good start. So if you are buying from us, we your order will come with recommended dosage guides, and thy are on our website as well. Normally you start on 2-3 drops twice a day, but that does depends on what your looking to achieve and the strength of the oil to begin with.

Eliquid is family straight forward in that the amount is per 10ml - so a 1000mg juice is 100mg per 1ml, so topping up your tank will have 200mg cbd in it. The hard part is working out how much there is per pull of the vape.

With flowers it's slightly different, its measured by the sample that was given for testing. There's no exact science to it as it depends on the sample size provided, and depends how much you personally use. Most flower is 11-20% which is more than enough if you are using it in a dry herb vaporiser.

Don't forget we have a 12% discount code : POTV

Thanks for this, particularly the CBD Bros info. See? That's what I mean, you need a degree in rocket surgery to work it out! :)

The bit about using full spectrum and topping it up with CBD also makes sense.

I also saw a lot of people selling cold pressed oil as CBD, that's when I started losing the will to live ;)

It's a dicey old market out there for consumers, I think people are happy to pay for a 'kosher' product.

I recently had the chance to try oral drops and they seem to help just before before bed but I can't say I notice the effects as much as I do with vaping.

Your website looks upfront about the contents although the new product Phytocan needs a bottle size, looks to be a 30ml bottle? Also that popup is a beast if you're browsing between different products, maybe set the delay to 30 seconds ;)

Thank you again for the information which seems to echo (and validate) a lot of my findings.

As I said above I'll probably have a vapable option 'on tap' and use a tincture for bed time. As you so very kindly offered the free sample I look forward to trying it out when it arrives.

Very useful post! :D

No problem, glad to be able to sort of clear up a few bits, and always happy to try and help with anything. With the drops, to have an affect they need to be used on a constant basis. It's just the way cannabinoids work with our endocannabinoid system. you build up tolerance and then increase the dosage which encourages our bodies to produce more, which in turn has the desired effects.

Thanks for spotting that - it's a new product so we will amend that to make it clearer as to the bottle size.

Back
Top Bottom