What's new

Zeus x wicking

rjm92

Postman
Recently bought one and I must be doing something wrong regarding the wicking as I'm finding the flavour muted compared to my RDA's . It's my first RTA. It's definently wicking as I can see the bubbles in the tank, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if my fellow apes have any advice for me. The first build I installed flooded and rewicked with more cotton but getting plenty of clouds just not the flavour

Personally, I was quite disappointed with the X so I sold it within a matter of days. It's an alright tank but it's definitely nothing special worth getting excited about. There's far better rtas out there. Even the original Zeus pisses all over the X.

I did find it worked better with the coils quite high. With the coils low to the deck it's quite muted. Try raising your coils a couple of millimetres.

I will just add that several other members really like the X. I may just be very hard to please these days.

Last edited:
Hello rjm92, may I ask what you're using for wicking?

And what coil build you're using including the coil ID?

it is completly normal to get better flavor from an rda compared to a tank,generaly speaking,it s like a rule with a few exceptions.maybe posting a pic of the build would help us help you

Here's a pic of the build lads..

I'm using the coils that came with the tank fused claptons n80 0.4 and the cotton that came with it as well

It's my first RTA so not sure if the flavour should be the same as an RDA but thought it would be as it's essentially. The same but with a tank on it

Let me know if. You have any tips or where I'm going wrong!

IMG_20190331_085056.jpg IMG_20190331_084955.jpg IMG_20190331_085012.jpg IMG_20190331_085029.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the build lads..

I'm using the coils that came with the tank fused claptons n80 0.4 and the cotton that came with it as well

It's my first RTA so not sure if the flavour should be the same as an RDA but thought it would be as it's essentially. The same but with a tank on it

Let me know if. You have any tips or where I'm going wrong!

View attachment 188903 View attachment 188904 View attachment 188905 View attachment 188906
Tbh bud i dont think you've done anything wrong and your build looks very good.
I think the problem is the design of the tank.
Theres too much cotton outside the coils and too much distance between coils and wells.
All of this is fighting too hard against gravity to be able to wick fast enough.
Essentially its design is restricting the juice from getting to the coils.

Personally, I was quite disappointed with the X so I sold it within a matter of days. It's an alright tank but it's definitely nothing special worth getting excited about. There's far better rtas out there. Even the original Zeus pisses all over the X.

I did find it worked better with the coils quite high. With the coils low to the deck it's quite muted. Try raising your coils a couple of millimetres.

I will just add that several other members really like the X. I may just be very hard to please these days.

Hello rjm92, may I ask what you're using for wicking?

And what coil build you're using including the coil ID?

it is completly normal to get better flavor from an rda compared to a tank,generaly speaking,it s like a rule with a few exceptions.maybe posting a pic of the build would help us help you
added a pic of the build for you lads to have a look at!

Theres too much cotton outside the coils and too much distance between coils and wells.
All of this is fighting too hard against gravity to be able to wick fast enough.
what a shame all the videos on YouTube have been of everyone raving about the insane flavour etc. Liek I said before I've never owned an RTA so bought it to test the waters but definently prefer RDA's.. It might be that it needs a few tank fulls of liquid to settle in maybe. I'll keep going with it anyway. The tank itself looks impressive though

I disagree with this. The cotton acts as reservoir to quickly feed the coil, and the rounded shoulders of the wicks, clear of the sides of the chamber, ensure the juice passes through unhindered.

It's probably the cotton itself that is the issue. I don't know what they supply with the tank, but it's unlikely to be a premium cotton.

Try lifting the tails out of the liquid feed a little, you could be blocking liquid flow and airlocking the tank. Then liquid doesn't wick.

Also, what wicking please?

And something that I've learned from experience is that as Ment has mentioned, you kind of need the wicking equivalent of 80's shoulder pads when wicking an RTA. Otherwise you'll end up with a lack lustre vape experience.

Try lifting the tails out of the liquid feed a little, you could be blocking liquid flow and airlocking the tank. Then liquid doesn't wick.

Also, what wicking please?

And something that I've learned from experience is that as Ment has mentioned, you kind of need the wicking equivalent of 80's shoulder pads when wicking an RTA. Otherwise you'll end up with a lack lustre vape experience.
I'll give that a go then mate, the tails need to be quite long on these then don't they. How do you mean what wicking? I've used the cotton that came with the tank.

Back
Top Bottom