What's new

EVL Reaper V3 whistle?

He very well may have done actually? But all we can do is offer our experiences? I have been using one long before they came to the market and have NEVER had a moments trouble with it, but obviously there may be issues that I am unaware of?

I think @Discomatt might have commented on it being noisy in one of the threads?
Yeah it wasn’t the evl whistling at all but the position of the afc hole in relation to the vaponaute which caused it to whistle. Didn’t realise at the time and couldn’t figure it out. Swapped mods and was all good.

Thanks for the responses chaps. Yeah, it's a weird one. The only other thing I can think is that I'm overwicking because I'm using 50/50, and the oversaturation is causing it. I thought I had stuffed enough cotton in there (much more than I ever would with a Kayfun, for example, but maybe it's not enough) Luckily it's a super forgiving RTA to wick, so I'll try stuffing some cotton in the "cups", as well as the deck itself and see if that makes a difference.

@Mr.Motivapr - Depending on how you like your DTL draw, I'd be slightly wary. It's an amazing RTA, but even on it's widest setting, with the "DTL" deck, it's still what I would consider a restricted DL. Ironically, I never get whistling when using it in DL!

Also, @Rob / @mattyk2010 - How high are you placing your coil? I'm using 2.5mm id with the top of the coil about 1mm above the top of the posts. It seems to have helped slightly, but it's definately still there. Previously I was at, or just below, the top of the posts.
It's messy and due a rewick [emoji3]
IMG_20190328_121429.jpeg
IMG_20190328_121438.jpeg

Sounds as though we have our coils in about the same place Ollie.

Re wicking? I use remarkably little. I am also using 50/50 liquids at the moment and haven't encountered any issues. My wick tails are "JUST" sitting on the deck, no more than that.

Interesting, they both look slightly higher than I've gone. Are those both 3mm id's, chaps? I'll give it a full re-build tonight and see how I get on. It does seem that the higher the coil, the less whistle I'm getting...

Interesting, they both look slightly higher than I've gone. Are those both 3mm id's, chaps? I'll give it a full re-build tonight and see how I get on. It does seem that the higher the coil, the less whistle I'm getting...
Mine is a 2.5mm and I know my pic won't have been too clear all gunked up but I can see just under half the coil above the post screw

Not getting any whistling on a clone either...

IMG_1314.JPG

Coil looks a similar height and wicking also similar to @Rob 's. Wonder if it's drip tip related?

EDIT: Also a 2.5mm ID coil.

What's the clone like bud?
Where did you buy it from?

I bought it from the classies but it's a YFTK one. For me it's fine but I suspect it'd piss some people off with the AFC being largely a pita to move. I still need to experiment with the mesh Rob kindly sent me to try and tighten the draw up a bit for my taste. All in all, very nice atty and if I could afford an authentic right now, I'd grab one, maybe in October for my birthday if they're still available then.

Back
Top Bottom