What's new

EVL Reaper V3 whistle?

mustybadger

Postman
Anyone with a Reaper have this problem? Using it in MTL mode, have plenty of experience building but, by christ, I can't get the fucker to stop whistling. Used both the 1.8mm and 2.7mm deck, the 1.8mm deck was much worse than the 2.7mm deck, but it's still there. Tried lifting the coil, lowering the coil, using more cotton, using less cotton, spent 10 minutes making sure that none of my cotton was anywhere near the airflow path etc...

It's annoying because aside from the whistling, it's a lovely tank to work with and gives some stellar flavour.

Also, as a slight aside, for MTL, does anyone else find the 2.7mm deck to be a better MTL vape than the "MTL" deck??

@Rob Any advice? :)

Sorry to hear its letting you down.

I am running an EVL Reaper V3 service and will happily recycle it for you for £50.

We dont even charge you for postage :D

I am sure @Rob will be along shortly...

Sorry to hear its letting you down.

I am running an EVL Reaper V3 service and will happily recycle it for you for £50.

We dont even charge you for postage :D

I am sure @Rob will be along shortly...

Absolutely not letting me down, just something that is an annoyance if anything and would be nice if it wasn't there.

I'll not be using the recycling service just yet ;)

Absolutely not letting me down, just something that is an annoyance if anything and would be nice if it wasn't there.

I'll not be using the recycling service just yet ;)

On a serious note I am considering investing in one of these but whistling atties is a pet hate of mine.

Will keep my eye on this thread and see how it pans out.

I am a DTL vaper, and am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one.

I don't have the 2.7 deck only the 1.8 so I can't compare which is better but I'm in flavour heaven with it and it's never whistled but I've only used it with the airflow ring on the first 2 holes

No whistles here. I have both decks and have never had any issues at all with either.
So....... My only guess would be Coil Height or Wicking, but it sounds as though you're on top of that Ollie?
As a matter of interest....... Which airhole are you using? I can't see that this should make a difference, but I'll try mine now as it is being used as I type.

Nope...... absolutely NO whistles from Wide Open to the smallest.

Thanks for the responses chaps. Yeah, it's a weird one. The only other thing I can think is that I'm overwicking because I'm using 50/50, and the oversaturation is causing it. I thought I had stuffed enough cotton in there (much more than I ever would with a Kayfun, for example, but maybe it's not enough) Luckily it's a super forgiving RTA to wick, so I'll try stuffing some cotton in the "cups", as well as the deck itself and see if that makes a difference.

@Mr.Motivapr - Depending on how you like your DTL draw, I'd be slightly wary. It's an amazing RTA, but even on it's widest setting, with the "DTL" deck, it's still what I would consider a restricted DL. Ironically, I never get whistling when using it in DL!

Also, @Rob / @mattyk2010 - How high are you placing your coil? I'm using 2.5mm id with the top of the coil about 1mm above the top of the posts. It seems to have helped slightly, but it's definately still there. Previously I was at, or just below, the top of the posts.

Back
Top Bottom