What's new

Cthulhu Tube: First Look

very similar looks wise indeed.
It's almost identical. I picked up the sxk atto last month. Looking at promo shots of this soon after aside from the diameter and threaded sections I couldn't tell the difference.
What I can't understand is, the sxk is a clone of the atto mod. The cthulu looks like a rebranded but wider sxk atto.
Sometimes flak is given when companies clone high end devices. Now when an off the shelf company creates a similar device to a clone how is it not one and the same?

It's almost identical. I picked up the sxk atto last month. Looking at promo shots of this soon after aside from the diameter and threaded sections I couldn't tell the difference.
What I can't understand is, the sxk is a clone of the atto mod. The cthulu looks like a rebranded but wider sxk atto.
Sometimes flak is given when companies clone high end devices. Now when an off the shelf company creates a similar device to a clone how is it not one and the same?

Personally, if you steal the branding and packaging and put someone else's logo on it then that's where it goes to far for me. The whole ethics of copying is a big topic though, but similar isn't the same as 'the same' ... a clone by definition is the same. 'Similar' is how 90% of the vaping industry works in China rightly or wrongly.

I guess it depends if you are looking at it from a legal, ethical or practical standpoint.

By coincidence my 'new and improved' replacement PCB arrived today....

1928 sits flush and there's no damage to the connection, so I think that's solved any issues there may have been before. A simple fix with a little blob of silicon but it seems to have worked.

IMG_20190312_122935.jpg
IMG_20190312_122636.jpg
IMG_20190312_122708.jpg

I have boththe cthulhu and atto and prefer the atto over the cthulhu. the threads on the cthulhu are grounchy as fuck and the supposed locking /battery cap was stuck fast when I got it the only good thing is it matches my rta both being black lol

And some reviewers will review it but wont review the atto cause it's a clone of a colibri. but cthulhu just cloned it aswell so whats the difference and like you say they made it abit wider so it's still basicly a clone of another mod

And some reviewers will review it but wont review the atto cause it's a clone of a colibri. but cthulhu just cloned it aswell so whats the difference and like you say they made it abit wider so it's still basicly a clone of another mod
This point is basically what annoyed me.

I’m quite keen on getting a little silver tube mod for my Kflite and was wondering how this is holding up since it’s release? @Simon G @eyeball kid
Any input greatly received
I've been swapping between the lite, hastur mini and full size regularly and the 510 is doing fine.
Love it. Propper smart pocket rocket with.a 1.2ohm coil.
Am actually about to do a review as healthcabin have them on offer disco.
Worth checking the price against alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom