What's new

Top 5 MTL Tanks.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
Nowt wrong with a man having a face mask. Quite nice and relaxing. Just don't attempt to put one in a 2.5mm coil.

How come you didn't get on with the other cottons?

I'll be very creamy, i shouldn't wonder!

Well, i haven't written off the Cotton God..it's just that i find the Muji easier to wick with...for the time being. That said i've only done half a dozen 're-wickings' so far....so got some way to go yet, beore i settleon what works or not!

I'll be very creamy, i shouldn't wonder!

Well, i haven't written off the Cotton God..it's just that i find the Muji easier to wick with...for the time being. That said i've only done half a dozen 're-wickings' so far....so got some way to go yet, beore i settleon what works or not!

I can understand that. Muji is very pliable and quite tough. I just never got on with it flavour wise. I love the gods stuff but it is a little more delicate and requires different preparation. Worth perservering with them all though

I guess different tanks may work better with one type of cotton or another. The god in the Siren 2 just kept leaking all the time...i don't get that prob using the Muji, and i find the flavour is great using Muji in the Siren 2. I expect as i play around more and with the other RTAs i've acquired, i'll learn what suits what in time.

Right..dinner beckons....chow! :D

e313a8ef-c19c-4526-ba4b-62a45201c771.jpg

But back on topic, I find it hard to believe different cotton has an effect on flavour, other than possibly a break in period, apart from that which is to do with how the texture of it, density, etc.

I think any flavour related problems are probably a result of not preparing it right.

Cloud puffers will say that the fancy cotton is better as it wicks faster, which is fair enough, maybe it does, but for low wattage puffers I don’t think any difference comes down to something other than the specifics of how you use it.

I guess different tanks may work better with one type of cotton or another. The god in the Siren 2 just kept leaking all the time...i don't get that prob using the Muji, and i find the flavour is great using Muji in the Siren 2. I expect as i play around more and with the other RTAs i've acquired, i'll learn what suits what in time.

Right..dinner beckons....chow! :D

I actually think it is better to stick to one wicking material when experimenting on different wicking methods so you can cut the right size and amount almost blindly after a while.

I use pretty much standard wicking with every tank and seldom have leaking problems. Maybe because I seldom deviate from my standard 1ish ohm coil either.

I also think (again for low power puffers) that many of the wicking conventions are superstition. For instance, I rarely
ever take the top and bottom layers off the labo puffs, if I’m cutting a strip off. It doesn’t make any difference. I also never fluff the ends at all.

I often pull a layer off at a time, snip it in half then roll it tightly enough to go through the coil, and that’s it. Works perfect.

Last edited:
But back on topic, I find it hard to believe different cotton has an effect on flavour, other than possibly a break in period, apart from that which is to do with how the texture of it, density, etc.

I think any flavour related problems are probably a result of not preparing it right.

Cloud puffers will say that the fancy cotton is better as it wicks faster, which is fair enough, maybe it does, but for low wattage puffers I don’t think any difference comes down to something other than the specifics of how you use it.

Back on-topic?!? I think you forgot to look at the thread title.

1. Nduro
2. Kayfun Lite 2019
3. Kayfun Prime
4. Kayfun 3.1
5. Just don't have any more favourites. Waiting for an authentic EVL V3 tho

Back
Top Bottom