What's new

Blackfire, need guidance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
With the absolutes, I’d suggest starting at 3% in a blend. For the dnb I’d start at 1 drop per 10ml. It mellows a bit with a steep, but the flavour is there pretty much as soon as it’s well mixed, so you can start there and add as needed until you find your preference.

I assume I don't use the DNB and the Black Fire together, it's an either/or scenario?

You definitely could do. The dnb adds a distinctly fag like quality, as opposed to the smoke of black fire. I’d maybe try one drop of each per 20ml, and see how it goes.

@John R I know you are a fan of best cig’s sultan. I have a blend of sultan, inw virginia absolute and a wee touch of their sesame. It’s been sitting a week or just over, and is fantastic. It’s one of those blends where the whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts.

Yup, flavours and percentages would be swell :D No rush, I think I'll need to buy at least one first.

Yup, flavours and percentages would be swell :D No rush, I think I'll need to buy at least one first.

It would have been 1 or 2% sultan, 2 or 3% virginia and 1 drop per 10ml sesame.

The sesame is really excellent. It has great potential for enhancing tobacco blends, or at higher percentages it tastes exactly like toasted sesame with a touch of honey.

But this has taken on a flavour that doesn’t exist in any of the concentrates. I like when that happens.

I presume that's Inawera Virginia, who does the sesame? Just for shits and giggles I thought it'd be fun to try and do a Turkish from scratch :S

Aye, the virginia absolute, the sesame is inawera as well. I think next time I’ll use the oriental absolute.

Also, if you go for another inawera direct order I’d really recommend the “for pipe” ones. Black for pipe, dark for pipe, captain jack and french pipe are all really good.

Back
Top Bottom