What's new

Help with MTL TC

Younoowho

Postman
Read a few posts here and there regarding MTL TC ordered some 26awg ss316 wire, I’ve got a mirage dna mod coming and I’m trying to dial in some settings with an AL85 I had sitting about, now I can’t get it to fire nicely at all temps, the temp shoots up at around 240-250 degC there is no in between, and I’ve noticed a significant drop in flavour in my favourite juice with the SS wire, the build is 7wrap 2.5ID @0.6ohms, any advice?

Read a few posts here and there regarding MTL TC ordered some 26awg ss316 wire, I’ve got a mirage dna mod coming and I’m trying to dial in some settings with an AL85 I had sitting about, now I can’t get it to fire nicely at all temps, the temp shoots up at around 240-250 degC there is no in between, and I’ve noticed a significant drop in flavour in my favourite juice with the SS wire, the build is 7wrap 2.5ID @0.6ohms, any advice?

do you have it set to 250c?

There won't be any in between, the point of TC is that you get the temp you want.

coil has to be measured while in room temperature before you set the tc up,then you set your desired temp like you set your watts up and down.since you have a dna coming don t bother with smok tc,i don t think it s acurate at all

do you have it set to 250c?

There won't be any in between, the point of TC is that you get the temp you want.
Yeah that’s what I thought was the idea... I mean it doesn’t gradually increase in temp, all of a sudden it just leaps up and fires like a psycho

coil has to be measured while in room temperature before you set the tc up,then you set your desired temp like you set your watts up and down.since you have a dna coming don t bother with smok tc,i don t think it s acurate at all
How would I go about zeroing it at room temp?

And any idea what the ss value needs setting at I read it needs to be at 0.00....092

you simply put the atty and do not fire the coil before the mod measures the resistance or if you fire it wait until it cools down and repeat.your mod has an ss setting for tc so you should set it there if you don t know the tc for the wire you use

you simply put the atty and do not fire the coil before the mod measures the resistance or if you fire it wait until it cools down and repeat.your mod has an ss setting for tc so you should set it there if you don t know the tc for the wire you use
Ahhh okay thanks I’ll give it a go

Yeah that’s what I thought was the idea... I mean it doesn’t gradually increase in temp, all of a sudden it just leaps up and fires like a psycho

turn the temp down, that's way to hot for mtl imo ... try it between about 160-200c

Back
Top Bottom