What's new

Skyline vs newer MTL tanks?

ninjavape

Postman
I stopped paying attention to new products after getting a Skyline.
It was everything I was looking for in an RTA: narrow airflow below the coil and above the chamber for dense vapour with easy wicking and great flavour; it also passed the dealbreaker of working in mods like the XvoStick and Gizmo 24 which are a problem with most liquid flow control systems.
I can see these tanks lasting me a long time with regular o-ring changes but am I missing out on anything in the avalanche of affordable RTAs now available? Is there anyone who can directly compare the Skyline with newer MTL tanks?

EDIT: Glass tanks only please!

Last edited:
It would depend entirely on the kind of draw you're after, personally I found the Skyline too loose.

I'm using the 2x1.5mm airdisk, I think this translates to something like 1.8mm, with that airflow somewhat restricted by the coil. The afc ring is making a round hole but hard to notice much of a difference if you open up the air intake as the airdisk and coil placement keep it in check.

I think the EVL Reaper has a similar sized hole under the wick.

There's not much out there which beats the Skyline in my opinion other than the kayfun prime or maybe the Hussar, neither of those are exactly new though

I adored The Skyline and The Hussar, both were exceptional RTAs and provided me with everything I wanted and needed. :)
Then I tried the EVL Reaper V3 and that completely bowled me over. So......... save up and consider the EVL

I adored The Skyline and The Hussar, both were exceptional RTAs and provided me with everything I wanted and needed. :)
Then I tried the EVL Reaper V3 and that completely bowled me over. So......... save up and consider the EVL
Is YFTK version any good or have I got save up for the real thing?

YFTK one I have is good, is it as good as an authentic?... probably not but I can't see me affording one :)

But do bear in mind........ A genuine EVL will cost you a lot less than a genuine Skyline :)

That's true, not sure you can get an authentic Skyline for love nor money anymore

Back
Top Bottom