What's new

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

So I sealed mine this morning using the fernox sealant. No photos, as it was a bit of a rush job before a dentist appointment. I have a phobia of the dentist, so figured that doing this would take my mind off it.

It was very easy and took about 15 minutes. I screwed the front and back plates off. I didn’t have to remove the board or anything else.

Just by moving the board very slightly, I was able to see a clear, straight path to the inside of the pin. I was able to very, very carefully stick a toothpick in there and push it out slightly from the bottom. Enough to wedge another toothpick in the gap between the insulator and the body of the bb, covered it in fernox and pushed it back in gently.

I then pulled the pin out from the insulator with tweezers. Again not right out, just enough to get plenty of sealant in. Pushed it back into place, wiped off the excess, put it back together and hey presto. It still works.

Mine seemed a bit tight as far as the wires go, I suspect there wasn’t much wiggle room.

It’s now drying while I’m in the dentists waiting room hoping my check up goes ok (denitrify is right across the road from my house).

Edit: everything was very dry in there, bearing in mind I’ve only had it a week and a half. Aye only place there was very slight moisture ingress was around the edge of the plate on the screen side.

Glad you got it done. It really is very simple isn't it.

I too hate the dentist. For years I had to take a prescribed vallium the night before to cope I was that bad. I feel your dentistry pain ;). oddly im pretty ok these days but they all know im very anxious when I go so treat me with kid gloves.

I dodged the dentist for 20 odd years @Discomatt , after a terrible dentist when I was a youngster. Luckily my teeth haven’t fared too bad though. I try and go fairly regularly now, it seems that dentistry has become more humane since I was a kid.

No, it was great as a rough guide. I’m not sure if maybe the wiring is tighter on the dna one though, I’m not sure I had as much room as in your tutorial.

The toothpick is the tool for all ecig needs. Have you 3d printed a batch yet?

Did you disconnect the screen? it should have given more room, going to do my 2 DNA's today, been too lazy to do em.

I'm going to have to give these toothpick gizmo's a try, they appear to have so many uses they should be called a Multi-Pick.

There's a 3D print of a hedgehog with holes for toothpicks - looks ace.

No, I knew it was a possibility but when I looked in i sussed it could be easily pushed out with the toothpick. I took the path of least resistance. :D

I had a hairy moment earlier, I picked it up to have a puff and it flashed up “check atomiser”. I was worried I might have damaged the wiring or something, but I drained it and put a new build in the vapeshell and thankfully it worked fine.

I used the coilology ni80 clapton, and I have to say it’s excellent in the vapeshell. Better than my standard 30awg 316L. It’s very thick and flavoursome vapour with inawera french pipe in there. It seems to suit this atty very well. 4 wraps at 2.5mm.

I had a hairy moment earlier, I picked it up to have a puff and it flashed up “check atomiser”. I was worried I might have damaged the wiring or something, but I drained it and put a new build in the vapeshell and thankfully it worked fine.

I used the coilology ni80 clapton, and I have to say it’s excellent in the vapeshell. Better than my standard 30awg 316L. It’s very thick and flavoursome vapour with inawera french pipe in there. It seems to suit this atty very well. 4 wraps at 2.5mm.

Do you think it’s actually producing more vapour? I just got a restock and changed out from some plain wire and I am convinced I’m getting more vapour from it and I’m wondering if this is improving the flavour?

Just sealed both of my DNA's and they are even easier, I didn't need to disconnect the screen as there was plenty of slack to get some tweezers in and pop the connector up, did the 2 in about 10 minutes :)

Back
Top Bottom