What's new

RDA for TC

JoeMac

Postman
At the moment I'm using a Goon 1.5 as my TC RDA. The build I use is 7/8 wraps of 26 gauge SS 316. I feel the RDA is built for bigger builds then I would use for TC. Can anybody suggest a smaller RDA that will take dual builds.

Get an original goon if you like the clamp system it beats the 1.5 on flavour and airflow [emoji4]

I mostly use TC in single coil RDA's with a DNA, pick of the bunch for me is the Drop Solo, takes a decent size coil and deep juice well, gives me a better vape than a dual build with the bonus of less power and juice consumption, never had a dry hit and vaped until the cotton was almost dry to test it.

One of the few RDA's I do dual coil is the Geekvape Athena RDA, top airflow and had some great SS316L dual builds on it but needs more wraps etc. I also single coil that and it still delivers great flavour.

I mostly use TC in single coil RDA's with a DNA, pick of the bunch for me is the Drop Solo, takes a decent size coil and deep juice well, gives me a better vape than a dual build with the bonus of less power and juice consumption, never had a dry hit and vaped until the cotton was almost dry to test it.

One of the few RDA's I do dual coil is the Geekvape Athena RDA, top airflow and had some great SS316L dual builds on it but needs more wraps etc. I also single coil that and it still delivers great flavour.

Thanks for this. I have a Drop Solo laying about so will give it a go. Can I ask what build you use in it?

I change depending on the juice I use, at the moment I have a 0.5 Ohm build, memory is awful but I think it's 26 gauge plain SS316L wire around 10 wraps 3mm dia.

For a warmer lower Ohms build which I prefer sometimes I chuck in a 6 wrap 3mm dia and space it slightly.

I've tried some fused Clapton SS316L but I prefer plain wire.

These are great as there's enough leg length to add some wraps or you can unwind a wrap or 2, plus they are dirt cheap, I've used a lot of XFKM wire and it's good quality stuff.
XFKM 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire (200-Pack)
26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.6ohm
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9643981

Pretty sure this is in my current build minus 1 wrap vaping at 234c 50 watts.

I change depending on the juice I use, at the moment I have a 0.5 Ohm build, memory is awful but I think it's 26 gauge plain SS316L wire around 10 wraps 3mm dia.

For a warmer lower Ohms build which I prefer sometimes I chuck in a 6 wrap 3mm dia and space it slightly.

I've tried some fused Clapton SS316L but I prefer plain wire.

These are great as there's enough leg length to add some wraps or you can unwind a wrap or 2, plus they are dirt cheap, I've used a lot of XFKM wire and it's good quality stuff.
XFKM 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire (200-Pack)
26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.6ohm
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9643981

Pretty sure this is in my current build minus 1 wrap vaping at 234c 50 watts.

Thanks again for this, really helpful. I'm just starting out with TC so will give the above builds a go and take it from there.

Thanks again for this, really helpful. I'm just starting out with TC so will give the above builds a go and take it from there.
You're welcome, I didn't realise you are just starting out with TC, this little set would be ideal for you as you can find the coil style you like and they are good to go, there's some really good coils in this selection for single coil builds.

TC is a doddle and no dry hits once you've dialled in your settings.

MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (8 Specs)
6-pack/spec / fused clapton + tiger + clapton + mix twisted + hive + quad + flat twisted + alien clapton coil
https://www.fasttech.com/p/6438400
Only £3.30 for the lot!

Add the other coils to your order and you're all setup to try and experiment.

If you haven't used Fast Tech before I highly recommend you try them, most of my vape consumables and Atty's come from there.

Back
Top Bottom