What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

I found what worked for me in the True was 2.5 Mtl clapton around .9ohms. Coil like Matty about 1mm above the air hole. Wick to a smidge above the bottom of the cutouts and thin the ends. Most of the tutorials don’t thin at all but for me personally the closer I got to omg this is about to flood the better. I’d often find myself wicking and filling and then going back to just nip off a teeny bit more. I don’t know why but it just worked for me.

Unless I was lucky I’d always have to work on it to get it right.

Funny you mention it, I brushed out the wick last time like I have to on the Berserker mini, unheard of for a MTL. Flavour has improved but not jaw dropping. I guess this might be about as good as it gets without some serious thinning verging on a flood.

Funny you mention it, I brushed out the wick last time like I have to on the Berserker mini, unheard of for a MTL. Flavour has improved but not jaw dropping. I guess this might be about as good as it gets without some serious thinning verging on a flood.

Haven't used my True for a while as I have better tanks IMO. I got good flavour from it, but nothing special.

I'm sitting here vaping the same liquid on the True and also in a Siren 2 and I have to say, the Siren owns it. These reviewer boys are full o shit. LOL

I have five True's - my main issue is that the QC has slipped a bit on bubble glass
and underneath the airflow ring on a couple was a bit oval-ish allowing juice to weep from bad fitting
other True's were hassle free & totally leak free out of box
(sorted with a fine smear of aquarium fish safe silicone - Ehpro take note and sort out your QC ffs)

If your True gurgles/floods asap - I'd lay money it is coz you used the bubble & it's fucked somewhere

The coil needs to sit say 2mm above the air hole - which is hard to judge coz it's raised like a dome/cone
I'd suggest though not absolutely essential, judging the coil height is made a bit easier if you wind coil ccw than cw
this means the coil legs then are on top of coil than underneath - so if a leg is a bit loosely wound it might obscure the view a bit
as said not absolutely essential, but feel winding coil the other way so legs are above helps to judge height a tiny bit better imho
(got both regular cw coils & ccw coils in my tanks)

Whatever wire you use 27-28-29awg, I'd say you want 6 wraps or 7 wraps
going with a 5 wrap coil I got a strange subdued flavour in some area of flavouring but a bit more pronounced in other areas of flavour mix

The coil that you wind will come out a tiny bit lower than expected as the True seems to conduct better than other tanks
not a massive difference but don't be surprised to see a regular 1.5 Ohm coil come out as a 1.4 Ohm coil in the True

Forget using the clamp style to mount the coil - makes the coil sit too low imho
just wrap the leg around the screw heads like most people do & forget the clamp method

Don't wick it tightly - a little bit loose is better than way too tightly imho
ensure cotton grain runs through the coil
ends of the wicking should never touch bottom of deck, just enough to fill the sides and perhaps a tiny whisker showing below chimney

imho - it does not produce plumes of vapour & buckets of flavour - well how I use them on 2nd smallest hole
but it produces good flavour on the initial draw - but not ultra concentrated like some others, but not meek & mild either
it produces a good balanced flavour I would call it and this remains slightly when you exhale where as other tanks it can be much drier

These various tanks all vape differently - well I think so, it is a question as to if you personally like how they vape regarding your preferences

Try a seven wrap coil & a bit higher wattage if a six wrap coil is not floating your boat
I've got a few on 1.4 10w 6 wrap & a couple on 1.6-ish on 12w 7 wrap using 29awg
not much in it, though I have rated the 7 wrap a smidge more flavour, but put it down to fresh build vs an existing/older build mostly

The flavour is deffo there, but it is just different to my other tanks - they all are different in the way they vape

just rewicked one so here are some pics if it helps.....

soz but coil height would not focus no matter what I tried with my lame arse fone's camera
true height.jpg
true wick.jpg
true wick 2.jpg

I'm sitting here vaping the same liquid on the True and also in a Siren 2 and I have to say, the Siren owns it. These reviewer boys are full o shit. LOL

The siren has excellent flavour, I used the V1 for about 6 months exclusively. My V2 was broke from the word go but I can imagine the flavour is as good or better. It's a similar vape to the original hastur, same style of deck/tank, which I still use now.

The only real benefit the true has over your siren is the height and the fact you don't have to take the top right off to fill it .... I guess it comes down to what's important to you. I think the endless quest for 'better flavour' is a silly one.

Find a tank you like, that has good flavour, is easy to live with and doesn't leak..... and just enjoy it. Unless there's some huge leap in the way tanks are designed there won't be anything better coming along imo.

The only real benefit the true has over your siren is the height and the fact you don't have to take the top right off to fill it .... I guess it comes down to what's important to you. I think the endless quest for 'better flavour' is a silly one.

Find a tank you like, that has good flavour, is easy to live with and doesn't leak..... and just enjoy it. Unless there's some huge leap in the way tanks are designed there won't be anything better coming along imo.

101% agree - that is why I love my Zenith, True, Ares & Hastur 3.5 - easy fill with no flood/gurgling
The Zenith is still probably my favourite of all tanks I hate to admit,
I've yet to get a perfect clone of fuller flavour the Zenith manages to squeeze out on the draw & exhale
though the Hastur comes fairly close but a bit too airy

This is just my opinion, taste is subjective, plus opinions are like arseholes etc.... blah blah blah
all tanks produce a slightly different kind of vape - it is a question if that kind of vaping experience floats your boat or not in the end

Those boys at Manabush rate it highly and use the Pilgrim MTL claptons in them

Back
Top Bottom