Vape Superstore
What's new

Recommendations for first mtl rta.

There you go then @Dying_Snail , original doggy it is. sxk or the smjy for slightly looser draw. The sxk isn’t overly tight though, I don’t think.

Royal Flush Vape
I agree on the Doggy - really easy first MTL RTA and mine have never leaked. If you like a looser draw it might be worth getting the SJMY version - on mine there's a bigger airflow hole under the coil.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10028365/6238000-sjmy-doggystyle-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank

There you go then @Dying_Snail , original doggy it is. sxk or the smjy for slightly looser draw. The sxk isn’t overly tight though, I don’t think.

One of each at that price

Thank you everyone you help is much appreciated, so I'll get the sxk doggystyle one first along with the chtulhu hastur and go from there if the sxk is to tight I'll get the smjy one.

So any recommendations on pre made coil to go with them and cotton as I'm clue less lol.

And sorry for all the questions about recommendations but best get advice when you don't know.

AcmeFog
@Dying_Snail I’d recommend just buying a spool of 28awg 316L stainless steel wire and wrapping 5 or 6 wraps on a 2 or 2.5mm drill bit or screwdriver. I think with plain wire it’s actually easier than messing about with premade ones.

I’d also recommend getting on amazon and ordering a bag of labo puff cotton pads. 200 for £4.

Zou is right again mate buying premade coils all your doing is taking out the easy bit, it's easy to wind wire around a drill bit the hard bit is fitting the coil to your deck and you have to do that anyway so just get a spool of wire and some coil rods or drill bits

Vape Superstore
Yep, and fitting the coil is much easier if it’s still wrapped round the stick you wrapped it on, than futtering about trying to get a premade one to fit the deck and screwed on.

@Dying_Snail I’d recommend just buying a spool of 28awg 316L stainless steel wire and wrapping 5 or 6 wraps on a 2 or 2.5mm drill bit or screwdriver. I think with plain wire it’s actually easier than messing about with premade ones.

I’d also recommend getting on amazon and ordering a bag of labo puff cotton pads. 200 for £4.

Zou is right again mate buying premade coils all your doing is taking out the easy bit, it's easy to wind wire around a drill bit the hard bit is fitting the coil to your deck and you have to do that anyway so just get a spool of wire and some coil rods or drill bits

Yep, and fitting the coil is much easier if it’s still wrapped round the stick you wrapped it on, than futtering about trying to get a premade one to fit the deck and screwed on.

Thanks and I think I'll give that ago I've not really got the steadest hand so I think I'd need a coiling kit of some kind plus I have very few tools right now (don't ask) but in for a penny in for pound as they say, I'll get me shopping list together.

Vape Green
me mums 70 years old and can rewick a doggy tank but i got her the true to try and she loves the top fill on it and can rewick it as well
if you get a true DO NOT use the coils that come with it as they give of a funny taste(me mums did anyways)

tool kit is simples
pointed tweezers
nail clippers(to cut wire)
precision screwdriver set (for wrapping wire round and using the screws on the deck)
and last but not least a pair of small sharp good scissors
everything else is to make life easier

when you have wrapped the coil keep it on whatever you have used as it makes it a heck of a lot easier to mount
youtube is your friend as most tanks are on there somewhere

tbh idd go down poundland and buy some cheap naff juice if you dont make your own so you can use it to learn how to build it without dumping your good juice everywhere lol

You’ll get a wee screwdriver in the bag with the doggy. A cooling tool and something to snip wire, and some tweezers and you’ll be sorted.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Agreed, the hardest bit is fitting the coils, so you might as well make them yourself. The only thing I have ever bought for coil making is ceramic tweezers - I make my coils and fit them with a small set like this, plus nail clippers and sharp scissors for cutting the wick.

driver set.jpg

We all use different wires in the Doggy though - I use 28 AWG kanthal as I don't like stainless steel - you'll just have to try and see what you like.

Back
Top Bottom