What's new

Vaping in Dubai ?

Jammy

Postman
Hi all, I have to go to Dubai for work in November and see conflicting reports on getting my e-cig into the country. Does anyone have any recent experience on vaping over there ?

Ask on the embassy site M8,usually really helpful and quick replies, last time I looked tho wasnt good news but may of changed

When you say ecig Jammy, do you mean a cig-a-like as opposed to a Mod type of device? From what I can glean, it seems although ecigs are generally banned many carrying it as hand luggage are being allowed to keep them by customs. Obviously I can't say point blank that is the case right across the field but it appears if you can show you are only taking a mall quantity in for personal use a blind eye is turned.

If it were me I'd take in an ego set up, enough for the duration and take a chance. If worst comes to the worst you might have to revert to using stinkies and that is a different ball game in itself. Hope you get through and enjoy the trip.

Thanks Scott. I usually travel with just a Spinner or a Twist and T3, so I reckon I'll give it a go in the suitcase !

Just to bump this, I did as Grizzly suggested and contacted the UAE Embassy in London and got this response...

"Thank you for contacting the UAE Embassy in London. Please note that there are no restrictions on taking electric cigarette for personal use to the UAE."

So, happy days :)

(still only taking a Spinner and a T3 though)...

A mate of mine at work has literally (this morning) just got back from a weekend in Dubai (I know... But I'm guessing I'm guessing never marrying and no kids means you have money in your late 30s), being the top bloke he is he had a look about for Vaping stuff specifically, but found nothing, plenty of hubbly bubbly pipes, posh cigars, and the like however... So no idea on can you take with you but I'd say take supplies if you can.

I Wouldn't worry Mate, What's the worst that could happen!!! anyway i've heard their Prison's have improved a lot in recent years!!!!:rofl:

Just to bump this, I did as Grizzly suggested and contacted the UAE Embassy in London and got this response...

"Thank you for contacting the UAE Embassy in London. Please note that there are no restrictions on taking electric cigarette for personal use to the UAE."

So, happy days :)

(still only taking a Spinner and a T3 though)...

Been back an forth 15 times now M8 and always find them very helpful and quick to reply, glad the answered with good news and only started this myself after last visit so will be ok now when I go out next January

Just as a thought Jammy/Grizzly and to avoid detection and running short on juice, I was thinking it might be an idea to get one or two tablet bottles, preferably script ones from the GP and putting your juices in those. If found or questioned about, they are your medicines for galloping knobrot or whatever.

Also, I was reading an article on an Arab site t'other day and there were a number of posts from really upset natives who were highly indignant over seeing one or two people disgustingly smoking fags in their own cars going along and allowing their ash to land on following vehicles. Then there was the clamouring follow up posts agreeing how filthy and inconsiderate some people were! I mean ash would be so obviously noticeable of course what with all the sandstorms out there!!It was hilarious but an eye opener to read. Just be careful fellas as they do take their no smoking in public very serious and even if you're only vaping I'd be a bit discreet.

Back
Top Bottom