What's new

Recommendations for first mtl rta.

Dying_Snail

Postman
Hi all.

I'm looking to get my first Rebuildable I'm after a mtl rta something good for a beginner so easy to wick with minimal problems, I like more of a loose draw not so much a really tight draw.

I'll be using pre made coils at first so any recommendations would be nice in that department too.

Looking to spend about £25 for the rta and don't mind getting it from China.

Was going to get geekvape ammit mtl rta but I'm lead to believe its not all that.

Last edited:
I would recommend getting an sxk doggystyled for starters. It will cost about a tenner and leave you fifteen to spend on beer.

Hi all.

I'm looking to get my first Rebuildable I'm after a mtl rta something good for a beginner so easy to wick with minimal problems, I like more of airy draw not so much a really tight draw.

I'll be using pre made coils at first so any recommendations would be nice in that department too.

Looking to spend about £25 for the rta and don't mind getting it from China.

Was going to get geekvape ammit mtl rta but I'm lead to believe its not all that.

Ehpro True is on offer - £15 for this weekend/today:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9674674

Airy draw ??? big bastard Cthulhu Hastur - nice & easy to build/wick but not for ultra tight MTL vapers....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=37965148-18e7-4d27-997a-2558e57c9436

I think the doggy is a better bet than these newer chinese tanks. It’s been about for years, has stood the test of time and has many fans.

Should of put loose draw (which I've changed it to now) think it comes from that I started out on a Triton mine, hope you understand what I mean now lol

I think I get what you mean....

Recently the 3.5ml Hastur has had the larger lip lid fitted as std
before then the lid had a tiny lip and glass could fall off & spill juice
there is a larger lipped lid available & guess they have now fitted these from say 3 or 4 months ago

The air flow ring on mine was a bit loose & there are two intake slots which you adjust the intake flow
the ring is a bit loose, with it seems no o-ring or gasket (probably why it's a bit loose)
even when fully closed you get a moderate draw than the expected sucking a golf ball through a hose draw
so not a tank for people wanting an ultra tight draw

It is a big 24mm tank like Ammit - which is shit or not all that imho
but the Hastur 3.5ml is a very easy to build tank, wick just drops downwards than tuck into juice wells
if your coil is wound either way - clockwise or ccw it doesn't matter, you got two sets of posts
so you can mount legs up/down - whatever you want. It grips the wire, even thin wire really well
(Manta MTL tank was a bitch to grab thin wire coils - always fighting grub scews pushing wire out)

Filling is easy, no flooding/gurgle and I have never had any weeping from it unlike the True which can take a while to suss wicking
the True is a good tank, but can be a bit picky until you grasp it and one or two bubble glasses have been poor quality
(chipped glass & a bit oval or not great QC on two recent trues I bought - but lovely tank if all goes well)

The Hastur is an easy tank to get on with - bit fucking big and just a bit airy or airier than some others
I've put a little bit of cellotape around the air ring to stop it moving and to block one of the side slots
as I like a moderately tight draw, I'd say it uses a tiny bit more juice than say a tightly set True
but reckon it gives great consistent flavour like a Zenith - eg: similar flavour on exhale to the draw
where as other tanks you might get more flavour on draw & a drier throat hit on exhale

It has its flaw on the airy flow ring, but you got 5 air inserts to play around with
yet it is a fucking big bastid tank - but really easy to get on with with no leaks or weeping even if coil set ultra low
(do that in a True and you will get juice seeping out of air intake for sure)

There are other tanks of course, but now the Hastur has the larger lipped lid it is an easy tank to get on with
and no risk of opening her up, rewick without the glass coming loose & juice pissing out everywhere
but it is a bit airy and a big mofo - but you was looking at the Ammit and that is same size & over-rated & over priced etc...

Like Zou says get a doggy style my 9 year old can build and wick it it's that easy to learn to build on

I would recommend getting an sxk doggystyled for starters. It will cost about a tenner and leave you fifteen to spend on beer.

Hi and thank you just checking is this the right sxk doggystyle there seems to be a few and I wouldn't want to get the wrong one?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10028365/6353800

I think I get what you mean....

Recently the 3.5ml Hastur has had the larger lip lid fitted as std
before then the lid had a tiny lip and glass could fall off & spill juice
there is a larger lipped lid available & guess they have now fitted these from say 3 or 4 months ago

The air flow ring on mine was a bit loose & there are two intake slots which you adjust the intake flow
the ring is a bit loose, with it seems no o-ring or gasket (probably why it's a bit loose)
even when fully closed you get a moderate draw than the expected sucking a golf ball through a hose draw
so not a tank for people wanting an ultra tight draw

It is a big 24mm tank like Ammit - which is shit or not all that imho
but the Hastur 3.5ml is a very easy to build tank, wick just drops downwards than tuck into juice wells
if your coil is wound either way - clockwise or ccw it doesn't matter, you got two sets of posts
so you can mount legs up/down - whatever you want. It grips the wire, even thin wire really well
(Manta MTL tank was a bitch to grab thin wire coils - always fighting grub scews pushing wire out)

Filling is easy, no flooding/gurgle and I have never had any weeping from it unlike the True which can take a while to suss wicking
the True is a good tank, but can be a bit picky until you grasp it and one or two bubble glasses have been poor quality
(chipped glass & a bit oval or not great QC on two recent trues I bought - but lovely tank if all goes well)

The Hastur is an easy tank to get on with - bit fucking big and just a bit airy or airier than some others
I've put a little bit of cellotape around the air ring to stop it moving and to block one of the side slots
as I like a moderately tight draw, I'd say it uses a tiny bit more juice than say a tightly set True
but reckon it gives great consistent flavour like a Zenith - eg: similar flavour on exhale to the draw
where as other tanks you might get more flavour on draw & a drier throat hit on exhale

It has its flaw on the airy flow ring, but you got 5 air inserts to play around with
yet it is a fucking big bastid tank - but really easy to get on with with no leaks or weeping even if coil set ultra low
(do that in a True and you will get juice seeping out of air intake for sure)

There are other tanks of course, but now the Hastur has the larger lipped lid it is an easy tank to get on with
and no risk of opening her up, rewick without the glass coming loose & juice pissing out everywhere
but it is a bit airy and a big mofo - but you was looking at the Ammit and that is same size & over-rated & over priced etc...

Hi and thank you for the little write up its much appreciated I think I'll be getting one it sounds like what I'm looking for.

If that's the right doggystyle I'll be getting that too its good to have choices and even I should be able to get one with at least one of these two.

Thank you all.

Hi and thank you just checking is this the right sxk doggystyle there seems to be a few and I wouldn't want to get the wrong one?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10028365/6353800

Hi and thank you for the little write up its much appreciated I think I'll be getting one it sounds like what I'm looking for.

If that's the right doggystyle I'll be getting that too its good to have choices and even I should be able to get one with at least one of these two.

Thank you all.

TBH you will probably/deffo end up buying a "few" tanks that others recommend
then seeing which one YOU can actually get on with - than what others say get this or get that blah blah blah

YOUR tatsebuds, your own preferences etc.... will be very different to mine/ours
the best tanks - some of us will get on with & others will say nah fuck that it just leaked or didn't feel it or get on with it
so we are all funny bastids in what we personally rate over others & that

The issue is those "few" tanks. can easily turn into LOTS of tanks - it can get addictive trying new stuff & searching for perfection
so be warned, what you might save by vaping you can easily blow loads buying up more shiney tanks & kit if not careful

Back
Top Bottom