What's new

My vape mod was just about to expload

Badawy

Postman
Just 30 mins ago, while sitting in the library working on my coursework
I had my mod in low battery so I plugged it into a usb for charging
And then There is a smoke coming out of the mod and the smell of a fire.
I coverd the mod with my jacket and put it above a fence.
Why did this happened and I don’t know where to leave it.

The mod is vapersso tarot pro i have been using it for 2 years and it was working super fine IDK what happened !

Could be one of a million things.

My first thought was that whatever you were using to charge it was putting out too many amps and overheated the battery. Could be a wiring fault, could be a charger port fault.. could be many things.

Best thing to do is bin it mate.
Happens now and again.
Thankfully you didn’t get hurt.

Could be one of a million things.

My first thought was that whatever you were using to charge it was putting out too many amps and overheated the battery. Could be a wiring fault, could be a charger port fault.. could be many things.
Didn’t thought that this might happen to a regulated mid tho!

Can you get the batteries out of it? It's not the mod you need to be concerned about, it's the 18650s. Bin the mod, dispose of batteries safely - not in your household waste.

I will bin it when I get upstairs
Could a regulated mod explode tho ??
I’m a little concerned about “bin it” make sure it’s disposed of outside and away from anything flammable. (It’s possible I’m being over cautious as my dad was a firefighter so this stuff was drilled in to me, LOL) I don’t know what to advise. Maybe someone can suggest how to safely dispose of it?
A regulated mod could explode. it’s exceedingly unlikely, you’ve been very unfortunate, but it happens.

I’m a little concerned about “bin it” make sure it’s disposed of outside and away from anything flammable. (It’s possible I’m being over cautious as my dad was a firefighter so this stuff was drilled in to me, LOL) I don’t know what to advise. Maybe someone can suggest how to safely dispose of it?
A regulated mod could explode. it’s exceedingly unlikely, you’ve been very unfortunate, but it happens.
Explode is a little dramatic.

The Tarot Pro is a dual 18650 mod.

I prefer to charge batteries using an external charger, rather than USB charging, as regularly plugging and unplugging a USB can lead to wear and tear.

If smoke came out of the mod it sounds like the board has probably gone, unless it was battery venting.

Take the batteries out of the mod. You should be able to see if the batteries look damaged or not, but regardless you can safely dispose of the mod if it has no batteries in it.

As for the batteries, tape them up so they don't get short-circuited, and put them in a battery disposal bin, preferably at the local dump.

2 years isn't a bad life for a mod in regular use, to be honest.

Have you had the same set of batteries in it throughout?

Most cheap dual battery mods don't monitor each battery separately during charging. They just charge until they see 8.4v (series) or 4.2v (parallel). If one cell is damaged, or even a bit older, the circuit just keeps charging, overcharging the good cell

This is why a separate battery charger is recommended

It's a misconception that wall mounted chargers 'push' current to the device. The device 'draws' the current it needs. So a charger rated for 4 amps is perfectly safe powering a 1 amp device. It actually the opposite that is dangerous - trying to draw 1 amp from a device rated for 250 milliamps - this is likely to kill the charger, or even cause a fire

Back
Top Bottom