What's new

Clapton wire for MTL vaping? Advice please.

ChrisS

Postman
Hi,
I have been happily using round wire Kanthal for my builds but I keep on hearing that clapton wire and the like can give better flavour. Most of the time people are talking about clapton and low ohm builds and I've been left unclear whether it is true of 1ohm+ builds. Is it worth having a go, and if so which wire(s) are suitable? I normally build 2.5mm ID coils at about 1.0-1.2ohms for the KF Prime, Dvarw MTL etc. Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
Chris

I don’t like it for mtl builds or find the flavour any better, some people do though. Worth trying it out, I think, cause you might like it. Folk have been speaking highly of the pilgrim wire, he’s a member here. @Pilgrim Wire

There’s also vandy vape mtl wire and I think crazy wire co might do a few different ones as well.

Have been using Pilgrim coils for the last few days. Have to say I am surprised how good they are. Personally they are much better than what I remember the Vandyvape to be.

I'll totally recommend Pilgrim Vape coils, work really well at mtl wattage. Last well too. Via stealthvape and I think somewhere else too, those lovely apes at Manabush keep them too [emoji6][emoji106]

I'll totally recommend Pilgrim Vape coils, work really well at mtl wattage. Last well too. Via stealthvape and I think somewhere else too, those lovely apes at Manabush keep them too [emoji6][emoji106]

Good to know there's some life in them. Only just started using them myself. Hopefully the price will be justified

Good to know there's some life in them. Only just started using them myself. Hopefully the price will be justified
Like everything, with clean juices, ages but cool gunkers will kill em quick [emoji53]

i'm using a 5 wrap clapton 0.5 ohm 3mm spaced coil made from Vandy Vape 316L Stainless Steel Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire in Innokin ares Rta . I used to worry about the Ohm rating of the coil but with this set up i get a very flavourful looser style MTL vape . It ramps up really quick as well , i'm using 28-29 watts . its not as stealthy but is a nice quick easy draw that i like .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10040239/9645629

Jon

I found the vandy vape ones took an age to heat up compared to my usual coils. Might pick up some of the pilgrim ones at some point, since everybody seems to speak highly of them.

I found the vandy vape ones took an age to heat up compared to my usual coils. Might pick up some of the pilgrim ones at some point, since everybody seems to speak highly of them.

I didn't get on with Vandyvape wire either. Pilgrim ones seem to be in a different league.

Back
Top Bottom