What's new

Kayfun Prime coil build & spaced or touching coil ?

spaced or touching coil ?

• Spaced

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Touching

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No difference.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

apollo118

Postman
Just curious as to what you prefere with the Prime, im using 28 Kanthal A1 wrapped around 2.5 jig 1.2 Ohms and at 12 watts, what are your prefered builds and preferance regarding spaced or touching coils, thanks. :thankssign:

Just curious as to what you prefere with the Prime, im using 28 Kanthal A1 wrapped around 2.5 jig 1.2 Ohms and at 12 watts, what are your prefered builds and preferance regarding spaced or touching coils, thanks. :thankssign:
Your build is almost exactly the same as mine, mine are contact coils.

I tend to use 27g kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 7wraps @ 1.1 Ohm. Anywhere between 12 to 15 watts depending on juice

Spaced stainless steel 30awg and 2mm for me in the prime. I’ve not used it in ages though.

27ga KA1 2.5mm 6-7 wraps contact. I was using spaced 316 but I've mostly given up on TC for this atty as it required too much fiddling for day to day use.

Always spaced for me, it saves having to sort out the hot spots - it's the lazy streak in me.

I tend to use 27g kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 7wraps @ 1.1 Ohm. Anywhere between 12 to 15 watts depending on juice
Hi, I see a few prople using this build,do you think much of a difference to my 28g Kanthal @ 1.2 Ohm 12 watts ? I will get some 27g and try, Thanks to all who posted, :goodjob:

Hi, I see a few prople using this build,do you think much of a difference to my 28g Kanthal @ 1.2 Ohm 12 watts ? I will get some 27g and try, Thanks to all who posted, :goodjob:

Not a lot of difference. 28g will be slightly faster ramp up, but it is fine with 27g also

Forgot to mention, 28awg :S I don't do odd numbers, they're a bit....... odd

Back
Top Bottom