What's new

Return of the Vape

You could try getting a MTL tank, as those sort of tanks, have a tighter draw, designed so that one draws into the mouth first then inhales/exhales, like a smoker does. They're less thirsty, run at much lower wattages & can use juices with a higher PG content (the higher the PG content the better the flavour is delivered, generally speaking) & you can use higher nicotine content with these, typically say 12 to 20mgs, as opposed to DTL tanks, which one should use lower nic strenght juices, such as 6mgs or less. Vaping higher nic juices in a DTL tank, and you could could experince nic headaches and dizziness (because DTL vaping delivers more nic to the bloodsteam faster than MTL tanks). Also, you can still use the mod you have with a MTL tank (reduce the wattage down by a lot though, say 10-15 watts typically, depending on what coil is fitted to a given MTL tank), and the battery run time will last a lot longer, between recharges.

From what i've read of other Smok users here, a lot of their DTL Smok tanks do tend to like a drink or two! I don't use 'em myself, cos some of Smok's products seem to get through coils a little too enthusiastically as well, like the Baby Beast & TFV tanks. You might be alright with that Mini Baby tank though. A lot of manufacturers do sell larger pyrex tube extensions, to make the tank bigger, just look around online and see if you get an extension kit for your tank. Also, if you buy outside of the EU, thereby bypassing the current EU TPD restrictions, you can purchase the bigger capacity tanks.

See how you get on with that DTL sub tank first..but if you feel it isn't hitting the spot, then have a look at the Innoken Zenith or Prism, Aspire Naulitluses (orginal, mini, 2 & 2s or X - i use the mini & 2 myself, both good tanks) & Jac Vapour S22, all popular tried and trusted MTL tanks.

Everybody is different..it's just a case of finding what best works for you. I experiment quite a bit at the beginning before i found my sweetspot. All part of the fun and games, when trying vaping for the first time!
Thanks, much appreciated advice, I have looked into each of those tanks and they do sound more beneficial to myself than a DTL sub tank, in terms of reducing battery usage as well as e-juice, and more for flavour rather than vapour.

I am considering purchasing one or two of the MTL tanks mentioned if my current one doesn't cut it. The capacity isn't much of an issue, I just think I may need a tank+coil that doesnt consume juice rapidly, which what I've read and what you have mentioned, an MTL tank does not.

Speaking of e-juices, that's likely to be my next adventure as there is an endless amount of flavours and suppliers out there, may even take months before I find a favourite! No knowing what flavour I like until I've tried it. All part of the experience.

Currently I have Blue Raspberry.
I also have Candy floss, Bubblegum ice cream and a apple/pear/strawberry mix ready to try.
All which I bought from retail with the mod but will likely buy my next online from a vendor from the e-juice thread on here.

Thanks, much appreciated advice, I have looked into each of those tanks and they do sound more beneficial to myself than a DTL sub tank, in terms of reducing battery usage as well as e-juice, and more for flavour rather than vapour.

I am considering purchasing one or two of the MTL tanks mentioned if my current one doesn't cut it. The capacity isn't much of an issue, I just think I may need a tank+coil that doesnt consume juice rapidly, which what I've read and what you have mentioned, an MTL tank does not.

Speaking of e-juices, that's likely to be my next adventure as there is an endless amount of flavours and suppliers out there, may even take months before I find a favourite! No knowing what flavour I like until I've tried it. All part of the experience.

Currently I have Blue Raspberry.
I also have Candy floss, Bubblegum ice cream and a apple/pear/strawberry mix ready to try.
All which I bought from retail with the mod but will likely buy my next online from a vendor from the e-juice thread on here.

One recommendation then...the 4ml non tPD Zenith is available from Le Peite Vapotuer site. Get that and a coupla packs of coils to tip it over 30Euros or so..and you'll get free shipping. Delivery is quick..just a few days. I got a few freebies with my Zenith, a packet of sweets, i little cotton bag..some rubber thing (!)..so that's great place to get a larger Zenith, if you want one, here's a link to them:

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/...ition&orderway=desc&search_query=zenith+coils

Zenith coils last a long time too...i can usually get 3 or more weeks out of one, before replacing. Solidly built, easy to swap the coil over (just spin off the base, pull out old on push in new one)..and the slide open top fill, makes for easy filling.

The Nautilus tanks are infamous and long served. I have the Nauty 2, which is a great little tank, but a pig to unscrew the bell cap off...so if you want to try that, then try the newer 2S version, which is easier to unscrew. The Nautilus Mini is another venerable favourite, I use mine daily. The coils for them can be a tad inconsistant & do need to be well primed first, otherwsi they seem to have habit of not lasting very long. I get about a week out of mine, after first pricking the cotton wick via the wicking holes, with a needle, as this seems to help prime them better, therfor last a bit longer. Otherwise...the Nautilus is a lovely performer. I've bought the S/S cage for mine (can get those almost anywhere - Ebay Amazon, vape shops, vendors in here), as this protects the tank superbly.

I haven't tried the S22, but there are plenty of vapers that use that one too.

As for flavours..well that's practically a bottomless ocean awashed with them! I've tried 30 maybe 40 flavours so far..a drop in the well..there so many of them! I've keep trying as everybody else does....just try and find a couple of daily users..and then try more as you go along. I probably have only 5 or 6 different ones that i regularly vape...but still...i keep searching for that one killer flavor! Seems to be the holy grail for most for vapers, finding that one special flavour! lol!

For starters though..you could try some of LiQuids flavours...all £1 a 10ml bottle. I use them sometimes..as they do have a few nice flavours there, all britsh made..my favourite of theirs is Chocolate Banana! Just bought a few bottles of that one. One pound liquid is another brand..again nice and cheap. They're good to try out different flavours for not too much outlay.

And personally speaking, just my opinion....Vape88 juices ain't much cop..too chemically tasting i've found, but they very cheap. And if you kepp looking in the bargains sections, folks do post juice and kit deals as and when they find them. Easter is coming..so imagine they'l many of good cheap juice deals to had soon.

Also, some members do give stuff away in here..but you'll need to get your post count up a bit first before you can access those.

Last edited:
attachment.php
upload_2016-11-10_21-18-28-gif.109788
Hello @VapeCrusader ,nice to meet you Mate !!!

Had to visit a local B&M store on emergency today as I only bloody dropped part of my tank on a tile floor when changing coil, the pyrex tube cracked and shattered, gutted as it was my only one. (Just started up this past tuesday!)

The retail store prices really don't compare to those online! No matter what it is you are buying, but I really needed a new glass replacement ASAP. So I got a 5ml bubble extension for £6 (can get 3 online for this price, but hey, I can't wait for postie without vape for days). Safe to say, I'm going to be extra careful with this one and bear in my mind that e-juice can cause things to slip out my hand!

Bought an overpriced coil too, as I now think the coil I was originally going to out in tank is cursed and it can steer clear of me for now . So I went with one that the store claimed to be quite popular and a good seller - Smok mini V2 S1 0.15 ohm and I have to say, I'm liking it so far, I just forgot to ask them how long it averagely lasts for!

I also spent a bit of wad online on some more juices even though I still have some I have not yet tried (let the addiction of vape products commence!). I will post these on the posties thread once arrived....I'll shut up now, vape on!

Back
Top Bottom