Innokin
What's new

Return of the Vape

VapeCrusader

Initiate
Hello, I just recently switched from cigarettes to a vaporizer (for about the 4th time). In the past I've used e-cig pens such as the smoke-a-likes, when e-cigs were introduced to the market, a myblu and a joytech eGo AIO but to no avail as the result was usually unpleasant and unsatisfactory.

I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to vaping, still learning all the lingo that comes with vaping as well as educating myself on things such as ohms, wattage, voltage, MTL, DTL etc.

I have very recently purchased a Smok R-Kiss box mod kit as well as some batteries to go with it as well as a few juices (quite the initial purchase spend!).

I have many questions to ask but I'm sure many of those are likely already answered so I'll be sure to browse the forum before asking away.

Happy vaping!

Josh

Premier Ecigs
Hay Josh [emoji4] welcome to the forum mate and any questions ask away it don't matter if they have been asked or not [emoji4]

Vape Green
E-liquids.com
Heya Josh, welcome to the planet.

Feel free to ask whatever you like on the newbies question section...no matter how simple it may seem to you ..as somebody will assist you. We're a friendly bunch, and happy to help in whatever way we can. Any way forum members can help newbies dump the cigs and join in on the crusade to rid the country of tobacco, is a plus! I've been a member a year now..and the help and generousity of fellow 'apes' on here, has been outstanding.

Don't worry too much about the complexities of Ohm's law and such just yet..just start by familiarising yourself with your new mod, and find out what works for you. Most newbies just stick to wattage (power) adjustments to begin with..so as long as you don't ramp up the watts too high for the coil (or build)..you'll be fine. You've got yourself quite a powerful set up there, so be prepared to stock up on juices..as I'm guessing it'll be a heavy consumer! Incidentally, that smok kit is a Direct to lung (DTL) kit...so will produced some big clouds of vapour no doubt. I'm not that overly familiar with Smok's products, but anything gotta be better than those cigalikes!

:goodluck: with it mate...may it help you kick the stinkies!

Last edited:
AcmeFog
Heya Josh, welcome to the planet.

Feel free to ask whatever you like on the newbies question section...no matter how simple it may seem to you ..as somebody will assist you. We're a friendly bunch, and happy to help in whatever way we can. Anyway this forum's members can help newbies dump the cigs and join in on the crusade to rid the country of tobacco, is a plus! I've been a member a year now..and the help and generousity of fellow 'apes' has been outstanding.

Don't worry too much about the complexities of OHm's law and such..just start by familiarising yourself with your new mod, and find out what works for you. Most newbies just stick to wattage (power) adjustments..so as long as you don't ramp up the watts too high for the coil (or build)..you'll be fine. You've got yourself quite a powerful set up there, so be prepared to stock on juices..as I'm guessing it'll drink juice! Incidentally, that smok kit is a Direct to lung (DTL) kit...so will produced some big clouds of vapour no doubt! I'm not that familiar with Smok's products, but anything gotta be better than those ciggalikes!

:goodluck: with it mate...may it help you kick the stinkies!

Thanks! Yes, it is fairly powerful and probably not the sort I was after as it seems to be for the more advanced, but hey, I'm doing my best to adjust to it and researching up on the kit itself. ( I'd like to blame the retail vedor for that one but it's probably my lack of knowledge and questioning).

I'm not what they call a 'cloud chaser' that doesn't appeal to me much, I'm more for flavour as well as gradually cutting the nicotine and replacing that habit/action of smoking with vaping.

As I have only had it a day, I have just been adjusting the wattage and air flow to find the sweetspot for myself.

It does indeed drink the juice like a ferrari engine, I get 2 uses (not hits) before I have to refill the 2ml tank, which is something I'm hoping to find a change for, whether it be a higher resistance coil? or an additional kit? (once I have the expenditure available, as I'd also like to stock up on coils, spare batteries & possibly an external charger).

P.s. Thanks everyone for an oustanding welcome.:grin2:

Thanks! Yes, it is fairly powerful and probably not the sort I was after as it seems to be for the more advanced, but hey, I'm doing my best to adjust to it and researching up on the kit itself. ( I'd like to blame the retail vedor for that one but it's probably my lack of knowledge and questioning).

I'm not what they call a 'cloud chaser' that doesn't appeal to me much, I'm more for flavour as well as gradually cutting the nicotine and replacing that habit/action of smoking with vaping.

As I have only had it a day, I have just been adjusting the wattage and air flow to find the sweetspot for myself.

It does indeed drink the juice like a ferrari engine, I get 2 uses (not hits) before I have to refill the 2ml tank, which is something I'm hoping to find a change for, whether it be a higher resistance coil? or an additional kit? (once I have the expenditure available, as I'd also like to stock up on coils, spare batteries & possibly an external charger).

P.s. Thanks everyone for an oustanding welcome.:grin2:

You could try getting a MTL tank, as those sort of tanks, have a tighter draw, designed so that one draws into the mouth first then inhales/exhales, like a smoker does. They're less thirsty, run at much lower wattages & can use juices with a higher PG content (the higher the PG content the better the flavour is delivered, generally speaking) & you can use higher nicotine content with these, typically say 12 to 20mgs, as opposed to DTL tanks, which one should use lower nic strenght juices, such as 6mgs or less. Vaping higher nic juices in a DTL tank, and you could could experince nic headaches and dizziness (because DTL vaping delivers more nic to the bloodsteam faster than MTL tanks). Also, you can still use the mod you have with a MTL tank (reduce the wattage down by a lot though, say 10-15 watts typically, depending on what coil is fitted to a given MTL tank), and the battery run time will last a lot longer, between recharges.

From what i've read of other Smok users here, a lot of their DTL Smok tanks do tend to like a drink or two! I don't use 'em myself, cos some of Smok's products seem to get through coils a little too enthusiastically as well, like the Baby Beast & TFV tanks. You might be alright with that Mini Baby tank though. A lot of manufacturers do sell larger pyrex tube extensions, to make the tank bigger, just look around online and see if you get an extension kit for your tank. Also, if you buy outside of the EU, thereby bypassing the current EU TPD restrictions, you can purchase the bigger capacity tanks.

See how you get on with that DTL sub tank first..but if you feel it isn't hitting the spot, then have a look at the Innoken Zenith or Prism, Aspire Naulitluses (orginal, mini, 2 & 2s or X - i use the mini & 2 myself, both good tanks) & Jac Vapour S22, all popular tried and trusted MTL tanks.

Everybody is different..it's just a case of finding what best works for you. I experimented quite a bit (still do!) at the beginning before i found my sweetspot. All part of the fun and games, when trying vaping for the first time!

Last edited:
Smoore
Hi and welcome to the community. Hopefully with all the collective knowledge on here we can help you to not slip back onto the cigs.

Back
Top Bottom