What's new

Electronic cigarettes linked to wheezing in adults, new study finds

Major Hazzard

Achiever
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30760629

Just been sent this link as evidence that vaping is bad for you.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190228154841.htm

Electronic cigarette use ("vaping") is associated with wheezing in adults, according to a new study published in the journal Tobacco Control. People who vaped were nearly twice as likely to experience wheezing compared to people who didn't regularly use tobacco products. Wheezing, which is caused by narrowed or abnormal airways, is often a precursor to other serious health conditions such as emphysema, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, heart failure, lung cancer and sleep apnea.

Any thoughts on the research?

To me it looks to be half baked.. they relied on self reporting.. with no reference to overall health of those taking part.

Last edited:
smoking=bad
vaping=better
neither=best

No news here, next!!!

Haven’t looked at the link but it seems to me that most e-cigarette users are likely to have previously been long term, chronic smokers. I personally don’t suffer from wheezing.

Rochester - a home to fake science dressed up as real science.

If they can’t subject mouses to ridiculous gaseous environments or drown cell cultures, they’ll take a stack of data and twist it to an ideological outcome - Rahman’s linked to stacks of this funding-driven guff.

Haven’t looked at the link but it seems to me that most e-cigarette users are likely to have previously been long term, chronic smokers. I personally don’t suffer from wheezing.

Spot on.

Yes I vape, and yes I wheeze. So logically, vaping is making me wheeze.

The big difference being, I wheeze a lot less now I vape than I did smoking, and the preverbal smokers cough is all but a thing of the past for.

I have always struggled with Asthma since childhood. So when I took up smoking at 10 years old, it wasn't one of my finest decisions. I have also always been predisposed to respiratory issues such as bronchitis and generally chest infections.

Smoking used to aggravate all my respiratory issues and ventolin (asthma pumps) where my best friend.

Since converting to vaping, I still get asthmatic. I still am prone to regular chest infections and vaping continues to aggravate these conditions. I carry my ventolin as an important part of my vaping kit. I would probably be a lot less troubled by asthma if I didn't vape. However, three years ago, despite my condition, I was never going to give up smoking as I was addicted to nicotine. Now, thanks to vaping, I have given up smoking and hopefully all the other potential health problems that smoking would have brought.

I acknowledge that vaping is causing me issues that I could avoid if I stopped but, I know I am in a whole lot better shape than I was three years ago and so will have to be satisfied with that for now.

I breath much easier and don’t snore now I haven’t smoked for 5 years. This article is rubbish and most likely the subjects was all ex smokers but the study been paid off by big tobacco to make out vaping caused there issues rather than decades of smoking.

same old bullshit with cross referencing
"secondhand smoke exposure and other factors, adult vapers were 1.7 times more likely to experience wheezing and related respiratory symptoms (such as difficulty breathing) compared to non-users".

we know secondhand smoke can cause cancer.
while second hand vape has been proved to be safe.

hopefully Dr Farsalinos will debunk this trash http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/

I vape when I'm wheezing which makes the wheezing stop just as I'm passing out :thud:

Back
Top Bottom