What's new

Daily Fail/Mail e-cig bollocks (again)

Fuctifino

Achiever
TBH - I have just overdosed on Imodium so I won't be giving a shit for a while.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6760231/E-cigarettes-cause-signs-lung-damage.html

a new report says something about e-cigs is not as healthy as not vaping at all
but not as fucking lethal as smoking......

imodium-no-shit-sherlock-7719200.png

Here’s the slightly better written version that the mail have taken the info from

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190228154841.htm

It is pretty obvious we are inhaling glycerin & artificial flavourings into our lungs
as well as nicotine into our system so it will never be as healthy & entirely risk free as not vaping

kinda like somebody who never drinks Vs a regular social drinker (vaper) Vs alcoholic (smoker)

It has always been a case of lesser of the two evils - or becoming a monk/nun

But even the results.....

adult vapers were 1.7 times more likely to experience wheezing and
related respiratory symptoms (such as difficulty breathing) compared to non-users.

mmmm - so not even twice as likely as non vapers ???

So what are the odds of a regular smoker devoping wheezing etc... - I'd say very fucking high indeed compared to vaping
with a lot more serious health risks including heart disease, lung cancer etc.....

Think very little came out of that report - especially if the results were never compared with smoking - the much bigger evil

What some of the long term vapers might wish to consider is reducing the percentage of flavourings
and perhaps how much we chain vape - IF WE ARE FREAKING OUT about this very vague report

How much e-juice was the average vaping consuming per week ???
Was they DTL-ing shitloads of juice or much more moderate amounts MTL ???
What percentage of artificial flavourings were being consumed and what types/makes of flavourings
What was the nicotine level(s), what ratio VG/PG & would this alter the effects as VG is heavier inhaled into lungs

I'm sure I can think of more questions, only to prove this report isn't worth much than the paper it was written on
of course vaping isn't 101% healthy - fuck me professor, I don't think any of us are that naive
but honestly - ffs compile something with a bit more substance from a more comprehensive study

It's been that many year's since i bought a newspaper i can't remember, there's that much fake news and crap in them, they just listen to do gooder's jumping on the band wagon, problem is to many people believe it because it's in print.

I've had a chest infection for nigh on 2 weeks, and vaping isn't helping to be honest, nor is it the cause. Then again neither is having a shower, as I like a hot one, leaving the bathroom like a sauna, and me coughing my ring up. Had I been still smoking then things would have been much worse, coughing all different kinds of shit up.

I need my nic, and have suffered with tension more due to insufficient intake during this illness. So one thing I am considering it increasing my nic level, to see if juice consumption decreases slightly, especially if I'm ill. I don't believe vaping has prolonged the infection, as some of my none smoking work colleagues have been suffering as long as me, if not longer.

I did find that heavier flavoured liquids made me cough more, and seemed to settle heavily on my chest. I don't believe any claims that the stuff is killing me though, that's just false claims by desperate idiots, paid to lie by even more desperate idiots.

Well yeah to restate what has been said a few times , Of course vaping isn't healthy we all know this.

It's just less dangerous then smoking , Obviously ideally if your looking to be as healthy as possible, You shouldn't be doing either

But smoking is more dangerous.

It seems to me that vaping is much less harmful than smoking. This is purely based on my own anecdotal experience. Of course it’s not healthy, but very little is here days. I suspect it’s less harmful than exhaust fumes in the atmosphere, for example.

Back
Top Bottom