Vape Club
What's new

Cthulhu Tube: First Look

I was looking at it thinking "I could just solder that back on" ..... so I did. Been vaping on it since. :D
I sat here last night ... thinking 'shall I PM him and tell him to solder it back on' ........... was scared I'd feel bad if it went wrong ....... :D

Vape Superstore
Yes. Some long 510 positive pin atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. That is why we post a guide on our site: https://www.cthulhumod.com/cthulhu-tube-dont-fire-with-new-atomizer/

Our team received 50+ emails to check if the chip is safe to use last night. :17:

Those style chip had been used since 2014.
our design team add some new protect functions
: atomizer short protect and reverse battery protection.
we also suggest users make their coil resistance > 0.5ohm when using 18350 batteries in the user manual.
The mod tubes come with insulators too.

the worst that could happen is the mod not firing. it won't be dangerous.

I think Todd don't make it clear on his video.

about atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. we got some suggestions from a user. we will add a silicone to contacting shrapnel.

Thanks. :2thumbsup:
Read again please - you seem to have missed the point. Your fix was tried and the bent contact snapped off ...... which is exactly what Todd's video said would probably happen!

I sat here last night ... thinking 'shall I PM him and tell him to solder it back on' ........... was scared I'd feel bad if it went wrong ....... :D

it's was pretty easy with that nice gold plated pad to solder to... I just kind of rested it in the bent down position and put a blob across the pad and the contact pin bit. ... then bent it up afterwards. Proper solid now. :)

AcmeFog
it's was pretty easy with that nice gold plated pad to solder to... I just kind of rested it in the bent down position and put a blob across the pad and the contact pin bit. ... then bent it up afterwards. Proper solid now. :)
I'm glad - I'd have done the same. :)

Not sure many buyers would though ....... and it would feck the warranty, I'm guessing. :(

Smoore
Yes. Some long 510 positive pin atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. That is why we post a guide on our site: https://www.cthulhumod.com/cthulhu-tube-dont-fire-with-new-atomizer/

Our team received 50+ emails to check if the chip is safe to use last night. :17:

Those style chip had been used since 2014.
our design team add some new protect functions
: atomizer short protect and reverse battery protection.
we also suggest users make their coil resistance > 0.5ohm when using 18350 batteries in the user manual.
The mod tubes come with insulators too.

the worst that could happen is the mod not firing. it won't be dangerous.

I think Todd don't make it clear on his video.

about atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. we got some suggestions from a user. we will add a silicone to contacting shrapnel.

Thanks. :2thumbsup:
Sorry but I wasn't reviewing the mod in that video, making people aware of the features was not my intent.

Highlighting a potential issue for buyers was all that video was created for.

Back in action ..... @eyeball kid I had to build around 1.6 ohms for my usual MTL experience. I put my hastur on with a 0.75 coil and it was just dry hits and pretty damn pokey to say the least (about 23w according to SE) I think I might just leave the 1928 on it from now on, it needs a home...

View attachment 185820
Nice one mate.
I've been playing around with a few builds in rta's and so far the skyline with the drop is performing well in mech mode. Hopefully I will get a build right on the full size hastur for a bit of ocd pleasing vaping.
Edit. Hopefully the new boards are fixed.

Vape Green
As I'm awaiting arrival at this point, I shall have to get the magnifying glass out an fit a rubber pad beneath I guess for now.

Elux
As I'm awaiting arrival at this point, I shall have to get the magnifying glass out an fit a rubber pad beneath I guess for now.

Mine was working fine bent down, it only broke when I lifted it up for the second time, if you do put something under it don't make it too thick, I've just looked at mine again and it's flattened. I'm just going to leave it I think, there doesn't seem to be any point it lifting it up to get squashed down again. I think it's just way too close, I can't imagine I have an atty in my arsenal that isn't going to bend it down like that.

Back
Top Bottom